April 28, 2024, 10:19:13 PM

Author Topic: Paladin vs Siren Spoilers  (Read 377359 times)

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
  • Out of the ashes, a new power will rise.
    • View Profile
Re: Paladin vs Siren Spoilers
« Reply #495 on: August 10, 2016, 07:10:05 PM »
6 dice is still good.
The Phoenix shall rise.

Head over feels

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: August 11, 2016, 01:46:16 AM »
Someone know if you get some copies of surging wave with PvS?
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"I have crabs." - Shoalsdeep Siren

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: August 11, 2016, 03:40:40 AM »
I'm 90% sure there won't be a copy of surging wave in it. Arcane Wonders tries add new, original spells every set instead of reprinting older cards.

Example: Streamline in the warlock apprentice set instead of flameblast.
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
When in doubt kill it with fire? I never doubt and crush them right away.

Head over feels

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: August 11, 2016, 04:02:00 AM »
I'm 90% sure there won't be a copy of surging wave in it. Arcane Wonders tries add new, original spells every set instead of reprinting older cards.

Druid vs Necromancer came with another copy of Mohktari and a couple of Tanglevines. I think it could be possible. Plus it's just a fitting card to have in there for the blue lady, she has a tsunami (or so I've heard) but what would she be without a simple wave attack?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 04:04:20 AM by Head over feels »

EricTheGreat12

« Reply #499 on: August 11, 2016, 10:21:47 AM »

Plus it's just a fitting card to have in there for the blue lady, she has a tsunami (or so I've heard) but what would she be without a simple wave attack?

I understand if you don't have Conquest of Kumanjaro, but she already has 6 Surging Wave cards in that set, which still gives her a solid attack lineup. What she needs more than anything is a multitude of sea creatures, and by the look of it she's fully packed  ;) 8)

Head over feels

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: August 11, 2016, 02:34:06 PM »

Plus it's just a fitting card to have in there for the blue lady, she has a tsunami (or so I've heard) but what would she be without a simple wave attack?

I understand if you don't have Conquest of Kumanjaro, but she already has 6 Surging Wave cards in that set, which still gives her a solid attack lineup. What she needs more than anything is a multitude of sea creatures, and by the look of it she's fully packed  ;) 8)

Yeah I haven't picked up Conquest of Kumanjaro yet. She'd only be able to have a max of six even if PvS included six more. I'm really just hoping for 3-4 copies anyways just so that hole in my deck can be filled  without having to get a whole spell tome expansion I don't really want. I'm going to look into there being a way to get individual cards on amazon/eBay etc. For some reason I'm just fixated on that card.

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: August 11, 2016, 02:50:28 PM »
There are zero surging waves in Paladin vs Siren.

Head over feels

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: August 11, 2016, 03:22:43 PM »
Aww

EricTheGreat12

« Reply #503 on: August 18, 2016, 06:48:07 PM »
Any idea when this expansion will be avaible for pre-order ?

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Paladin vs Siren Spoilers
« Reply #504 on: August 18, 2016, 07:27:10 PM »
Aww

You might not need surging waves for your siren spellbooks though. Maybe you should try playing with her to see how you'd like to play her before you buy an expansion you don't really want for attack spells you don't particularly need in your siren spellbooks. She'll have plenty of options, I kinda doubt you'll really miss surging wave if you make a siren spellbook that doesn't need it.

Now that I think of it, I'd probably like to do something with surging wave on an elemental wand. Siren's call ability works on mages right? I could make them move towards me get rid of their armor if they put any on, put on some armor of my own, and just surging wave them over and over again until they die. Daze rolls help protect my Mage from being hit back and if they have a defense, being incapacitated opens them up for other more powerful attacks immediately after the surging wave.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 07:34:05 PM by Sailor Vulcan »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
  • Out of the ashes, a new power will rise.
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: August 18, 2016, 07:41:03 PM »
Non mage creatures.
The Phoenix shall rise.

Head over feels

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: August 18, 2016, 08:39:46 PM »
Aww

You might not need surging waves for your siren spellbooks though. Maybe you should try playing with her to see how you'd like to play her before you buy an expansion you don't really want for attack spells you don't particularly need in your siren spellbooks. She'll have plenty of options, I kinda doubt you'll really miss surging wave if you make a siren spellbook that doesn't need it.

Now that I think of it, I'd probably like to do something with surging wave on an elemental wand. Siren's call ability works on mages right? I could make them move towards me get rid of their armor if they put any on, put on some armor of my own, and just surging wave them over and over again until they die. Daze rolls help protect my Mage from being hit back and if they have a defense, being incapacitated opens them up for other more powerful attacks immediately after the surging wave.

Tsunamis or Merren Harpooners could keep you covered in that department.

wtcannonjr

• Ambassador of Wychwood
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • WBC Mage Wars Tournament
« Reply #507 on: August 19, 2016, 06:05:13 AM »
online retailer Coolstuff Inc. is already taking pre-orders for this and the new Lost Grimoire expansion.

I had to order more card sleeves too to prepare for all the new spells arriving in my card pool. ☺
"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced." - James Baldwin

EricTheGreat12

« Reply #508 on: August 19, 2016, 09:00:22 AM »
online retailer Coolstuff Inc. is already taking pre-orders for this and the new Lost Grimoire expansion.

I know that, but one of the moderators told me that CoolStuff Inc and other 3rd part sites are all getting their products once the product is officialy on store shelves; so what I would like to know is when I can buy the expansion via the Arcane Wonders store, so that I can get it earlier.

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: August 19, 2016, 09:25:48 AM »
Pre-orders on the AW store begin in September.