March 28, 2024, 06:22:57 AM

Author Topic: I think I finally figured out the whole Adramelech and Taranis thing!  (Read 5927 times)

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
So when I first learned about Adramelech, Lord of Fire, I was confused. He's clearly Etheria's version of the Devil and he's the King of Infernia. So how is it that he serves another more powerful dark god?

Here's why: Adramelech may be the Devil, but Taranis is the Demiurge!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demiurge

I now expect that Taranis has some sort of relationship with Rajan or the Elemental Lords. Maybe animals and matter used to be Taranis's domain, but he lost those domains and they were taken up by the Elemental Lords and Rajan?
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Sabrath_Kell

• Official Loremaster of Etheria
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
    • @ArraxCrown on Twitter
Taranis is the supreme Dark God. He is also one of the New Gods, who drove out the Elemental Lords during the Age of Catastrophe. (The Elemental Lords have been driven out, but they still have adherents, and obviously, their magicks are still studied, though in a much less prominent way at places like Sistarra. The Elemental Lords have, at various times in Etheria's past, attempted to regain their former glory...)

Adramelech is not a god, though he is quite powerful in his own right. He is the ruler of Infernia, another Realm of existence, one from which the demons are spawned. While in Infernia, he projects terrible power and control over his subjects -- in this respect, he is virtually like a God in his own Realm. Dark Mages in the realm of Etheria can summon an aspect of him into the arena, and though a deadly threat, he is far from his true deadly self. (The same goes for Malacoda).

As a God, Taranis projects his power to both Infernia and Etheria. Adramalech (and all the demons) fear and follow him.
  • Favourite Mage: Arraxian Crown Warlock