April 25, 2024, 01:54:07 PM

Author Topic: The League of Extraordinary Mage Warriors  (Read 53055 times)

Drefan

• Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: The League of Extraordinary Mage Warriors
« Reply #60 on: June 01, 2016, 06:24:18 PM »
Anyone who has a match against me willing to play tomorrow? I know its a short notice, sorry. But im willing if anyone else can!

I'm available tomorrow from 19:00 UTC+2!
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
Octagon user: Drefan

drmambo23

• Ambassador
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 01, 2016, 06:31:06 PM »
Great! Ill get in touch tomorrow to set up a time! :)
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
https://www.instagram.com/pistillidesigns/
Instagram and Facebook - @pistillidesigns

SharkBait

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 01, 2016, 07:58:32 PM »
DevilsVendetta and I just played a match, and Devil played really well securing the win! More of a writeup and video to come later, but well played! Puts him at 2-0 now
  • Favourite Mage: Adramelech Warlock
When in doubt, kill it with fire

Drefan

• Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 02, 2016, 06:34:03 PM »
Just played my game against Drmambo23.
My Druid won vs his Necromancer.
Octagon user: Drefan

juli

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 05, 2016, 01:58:02 PM »
I do have to report my last 3 matches i had this weekend. Playing vs henry, gaspode and devilsvendetta. It was fun and challenging :) And ill admit it here again: Im sorry for the 2 games heavily influenced by rolls with me having clear above average results. Its always sad to see games decided by the dice.

Juli vs gaspode: Waterwizard mirrormatch, i got out on top in this one.

Juli vs henry: Me waterwizard again versus henry choosing necromancer, after some initial damage on my mage i managed to take down his zombies, skeletons, curses and finally the mage.

Juli vs devilsvendetta: Waterwizard vs soloforcemaster which went for a lot of channel early. After i managed to roll 9 crits with only 6 dice vs his battleforge, he unfortunately was almost forced to go into the damage race, but it wasnt enough. Third W for me.

PS: i know these three opponents arent the ones ive been asked to duel in the first round, until now with 2 of the first 3 weeks already being over there were some difficulties in finding time in schedules for the games..
The question i wanna aks here is how strict the rule about battleling the "chosen" ones in the appropriate time actually is?

The question i would like to have being answered is the following: Is it ok if we participants manage to fulfil the "3 games in 3 weeks" rule, even if they were played vs opponents we havent been assigned to play yet?

Regards, juli :)

SharkBait

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 05, 2016, 02:19:20 PM »

PS: i know these three opponents arent the ones ive been asked to duel in the first round, until now with 2 of the first 3 weeks already being over there were some difficulties in finding time in schedules for the games..
The question i wanna aks here is how strict the rule about battleling the "chosen" ones in the appropriate time actually is?

The question i would like to have being answered is the following: Is it ok if we participants manage to fulfil the "3 games in 3 weeks" rule, even if they were played vs opponents we havent been assigned to play yet?

Regards, juli :)

As long as you get your matches in by the time the league wraps up I thnik everything will be ok. I'll put up suggested matches just to give people direction if they need it

juli

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 05, 2016, 02:21:02 PM »
Thats the answer i was hoping for :)
Thanks for the quick response !

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 05, 2016, 06:15:52 PM »
Just finished my league game vs frozen. I was using necromancer with libro and he was using straywood bm with fellela. Those falcon pets are much harder to destroy than I expected! First several rounds he managed to bring my damage up to like 15 just with the heavily enchanted falcon pet alone. Gator toughness+joined strength on pet is a fearsome combination. Eventually I used maim wings on it and tanglevined the stupid bird that just wouldn't die. It finally died from my zombie brute's attack, after that. (what do you expect, was playing necromancer lol!) Then he transfused his enchantments onto a grizzly that he had just summoned. He got in a few big hits with the grizzly, but I put on some armor and regrowth belt and ran away, deploying more skeletal minions while I did so. I don't know why he never used cheetah speed on his grizzly. He did use mongoose agility, though. At one point he made the mistake of moving his grizzly farther away from my mage, taking th pressure off me, so he could attack my skeletal archer. He had 10 dice and he only did five damage to the archer. I removed 2 of that damage using acolyte of the bog queen's ability. Enfeeble really worked wonders on his mage, and eventually he just couldn't keep up. In the final round, he had ghoul rot on him and poisoned blood countering his regrowth, and he was at 35 damage out of 36 life. I acid balled him, lower his armor to 0, but failing to do that final point of damage...yet. He cast a hurl rock on me, doing five damage to me. I then finished him off with my zombie brute.

In summary, there was a lot of cat and mouse tactics. frozen had to chase me all over the arena, and he just couldn't pin me down. He almost did though. It was a close game, but I won. I think the final score was 26/32 to 41/36 or something like that. Good game, frozen!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 06:18:33 PM by Sailor Vulcan »
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Sailor Vulcan

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 05, 2016, 06:30:13 PM »
is there some way to keep track of who I've played against and who I haven't if I forgot to keep track in the first place? I know I've played against bigl16, frozen, and juli. I think I've also played against biblofilter. who were the other two again?
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Kaarin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 05, 2016, 07:19:44 PM »
is there some way to keep track of who I've played against and who I haven't if I forgot to keep track in the first place? I know I've played against bigl16, frozen, and juli. I think I've also played against biblofilter. who were the other two again?
http://challonge.com/748qoah4  Matches section, You may have to sidescroll a bit.
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
OCTGN: Wstrzasniety (UTC+2)

Sailor Vulcan

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 05, 2016, 09:03:05 PM »
Oh. Didn't see the matches section at first. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SharkBait

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 07, 2016, 10:24:59 AM »
This is just a reminder to everyone to get their first 3 games in as soon as possible! If you don't finish your matches this grouping, we can be flexible still so don't worry. However, the hard cap will be at the end. There will be no extensions beyond the originally scheduled amount of time. I'll post the next 3 suggested opponents on Saturday the 11th. Until then, keep posting the fun battle reports!

Kaarin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 07, 2016, 01:14:26 PM »
Who wants to have to have matches against me this Friday and weekend at 18 GMT+2?
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
OCTGN: Wstrzasniety (UTC+2)

Brian VanAlstyne

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 08, 2016, 10:19:00 PM »
I'll be looking to get in some more casual games this weekend before the next round of league opponents are announced. I might be willing to do a league game as well, but would prefer casual as I continue to try out new books.

Biblofilter

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 08, 2016, 10:33:49 PM »
Only played 1 league game until now, and none vs the suggested ones.

Looking for at least 1 league game this weekend :)

Casual games fine also.
"Töten". "Alles Töten".
Best strat advice ever