April 20, 2024, 04:05:56 AM

Author Topic: The League of Extraordinary Mage Warriors  (Read 52979 times)

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Re: The League of Extraordinary Mage Warriors
« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2016, 06:07:21 PM »
Wait I just realized that BigL16 and I forgot that the league doesn't officially start until the 22nd. Is it okay that we had our first league game early? Since Its not always that easy to predict when I'll have time to play and when I won't...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

SharkBait

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2016, 06:39:48 PM »
Wait I just realized that BigL16 and I forgot that the league doesn't officially start until the 22nd. Is it okay that we had our first league game early? Since Its not always that easy to predict when I'll have time to play and when I won't...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's fine. I said the 22nd to give people some time initially to set up
  • Favourite Mage: Adramelech Warlock
When in doubt, kill it with fire

Brian VanAlstyne

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2016, 07:41:13 PM »
If anyone wants to get some practice matches in this week, I'd be up for that before starting the league either this weekend or next week.

BigL16

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2016, 07:23:27 AM »
GG Sailor.  Rolls were pretty crazy but I think your initial teleport move slowed me down too much in any case :/  Well played.

Sailor Vulcan

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2016, 01:26:08 PM »
btw, i just remembered that bloodthirsty is like taunt when there are damaged living creatures in the same zone as the bloodthirsty creature. i don't know if i made the mistake of illegally ignoring a damaged creature in my zone or not in my first league game. I don't think so, but I'm not entirely sure and I just want to double check. BigL16, do you remember if I did something like that or not?

Because if I did make that mistake then I think a rematch is in order.
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

BigL16

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 17, 2016, 02:14:41 PM »
btw, i just remembered that bloodthirsty is like taunt when there are damaged living creatures in the same zone as the bloodthirsty creature. i don't know if i made the mistake of illegally ignoring a damaged creature in my zone or not in my first league game. I don't think so, but I'm not entirely sure and I just want to double check. BigL16, do you remember if I did something like that or not?

Lol Sailor...  I wouldn't worry too much about it.  I only ever had one creature out, my mage.  And the match wasn't even close ;)

Sailor Vulcan

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2016, 02:19:34 PM »

Lol Sailor...  I wouldn't worry too much about it.  I only ever had one creature out, my mage.  And the match wasn't even close ;)

Right I forgot. I think for a moment I got our league match confused with a casual one I had against Drefan's, Juli's or Schwenkgott's Anvil Throne Warlord.

SharkBait

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2016, 02:23:03 PM »
Side note to everyone: I added RomeoXero to the list of participants because he was a last minute addition. I'll reflect his first 3 matches on the front, but don't be surprised if you end up playing 4 in the first 3 weeks. Technically, you can play anyone in your match schedule whenever you have the time, you don't have to wait for me to tell you who to play. Just let me know if you swap order/play more so I can accurately keep track

SharkBait

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2016, 09:03:34 AM »
Alright Mage Warriors,
Today is the "official" start to the league! Get your 3 matches in by June 11! If you haven't contacted your opponents, please at least touch base. If you want to be proactive and get more than 3 matches in, feel free, but I will still post a recommended schedule. Battle reports are welcome in this thread, and if you want the match streamed/recorded then let me know and I'll try to be around (or Coshade will, etc). Once you've played your match, please also send me a PM just to make sure I don't accidentally miss the results. Good luck everyone!

Sailor Vulcan

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 28, 2016, 01:27:47 PM »
just had my second league game against biblofilter. i lost, but it was an epic duel! he'll be posting a match report later.

Biblofilter

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 29, 2016, 01:42:34 AM »
Battlereport from my fun, short and exiting match vs Sailor Vulcan (Henry Ketchup on OCTGN)

He played an Arraxian Crown Warlock vs my Straywood Beastmaster.

I won initiative and elected to let Sailor Vulcan start.

Round 1.
Warlock [mwcard=MW1E05]Cheetah Speed[/mwcard], double move and a FD enchantment on him.
BM FD enchantment move 1 and [mwcard=MW1J04]Battle Forge[/mwcard]

Round 2.
BM [mwcard=MW1Q16]Leather Gloves[/mwcard] (actually pants) Darkfenne Asp and a pet [mwcard=MW1C37]Thunderift Falcon[/mwcard]

Warlock [mwcard=MW1C03]Dark Pact Slayer[/mwcard] Bloodreaper and an FD enchantment on the demon.

Round 3-5
Warlock and the Bloodreaper closed in and beat Beastmaster face!
At the end of round 5 the Beastmasters pants exploded (im not joking) I´ve heard of the Warlocks love of fire "We both burned to death... most fun i ever had" Thats not how i felt when my pants exploded.
BM managed to kill the Bloodreaper by the end of round 4.

Round 6+
Warlock continued to apply pressure - removing all armor and casting several [mwcard=MW1E31]Poisoned Blood[/mwcard] and a [mwcard=MW1E19]Ghoul Rot[/mwcard] to prevent the BM healing from [mwcard=MW1J15]Mohktari, Great Tree of Life[/mwcard] but not being able to stop healing and burn removal during the round from [mwcard=FWJ08]Renewing Spring[/mwcard] which allowed the BM to recover, and start getting real damage on the Warlock with a 6 dice pet Falcon.

The Darkfenne Asp deserves a lot of credit for this BM victory - the first 3 attacks vs the Warlock all got the 7+ Weak effect. When the Warlock was reduced to 9 mana or less (with curse revealing) Casting a Flame Blast and then having a decent melee attack each round might easily have changed the outcome of the match.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 01:50:29 AM by Biblofilter »
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Töten". "Alles Töten".
Best strat advice ever

SharkBait

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 30, 2016, 08:47:22 PM »
Match 1: Sharkbait V Frozen

Sharkbait's Anvil Throne Warlord took on Frozen's Malakai Priest
The match started with a battle forge + mana flower for the warlord and a battle forge + Hand of Bim Shalla for the Priest. The warlord spent a few rounds casting equipment, mostly armor, and the priest continued to enchant himself. The warlord also brought out a ballista and then clashed with the priest in the middle of the arena. One theme of this fight was how ridiculously well the warlord rolled on damage. The priest eventually purged the 3 enchantments on the warlord (Bear strength, Akiro's Favor, Critical strike), but he still had plenty of equipment and continued to put damage on the priest. After recasting the bear strength and continuing to hit the priest, the warlord had the priest pretty close to dead. The great rolls continued as the priest had a heal almost completely undone by a hurl rock that was followed up by a boulder. The warlord had the next initiative and finished the job with another great roll on a boulder in the first quickcast phase. I'm working on editing the video for this match so I can post it on here too, but that's going to be done probably tomorrow. Overall, it was a cool book that Frozen brought, but Akiro did him absolutely no favors.

Finally got the video to upload!

HERE
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 09:18:43 PM by SharkBait »

Drefan

• Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 31, 2016, 10:05:06 PM »
I've now played my two first matches:

As Necro vs Sailor Vulcan's Wizard: Win

As Female Warlock vs BigL16's Warlod: Win
I'll be aviable to replay the match BigL if u want too since RL came in the way.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
Octagon user: Drefan

BigL16

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 01, 2016, 08:14:27 AM »
I've now played my two first matches:

As Necro vs Sailor Vulcan's Wizard: Win

As Female Warlock vs BigL16's Warlod: Win
I'll be aviable to replay the match BigL if u want too since RL came in the way.

I appreciate the sportsmanship Drefan!  But I think it's only fair you keep the W :)

drmambo23

• Ambassador
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 01, 2016, 05:38:06 PM »
Anyone who has a match against me willing to play tomorrow? I know its a short notice, sorry. But im willing if anyone else can!
https://www.instagram.com/pistillidesigns/
Instagram and Facebook - @pistillidesigns