April 27, 2024, 05:49:34 PM

Author Topic: Academy spoiler Disciple of Radiance  (Read 10997 times)

Kharhaz

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
Re: Academy spoiler Disciple of Radiance
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2016, 04:01:56 PM »
hmm but you could stack up a few healing charms around the arena and activate the radiance pit from anywhere with a burst reveal?

[mwcard=MWSTX1CKE03]Healing Charm[/mwcard]

Aside from the obvious healing benefits, Stacking up actions to generate 1 damage for every 5 mana spent is not a great investment?

Brian VanAlstyne

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2016, 05:08:47 PM »
You wouldn't do it if you only had one Disciple out, but if you had 3-6 out, a healing plus 3-6 damage works for 5 mana. And it's only 3 mana really since you have to assume the charm's already been cast so the original 2 mana would have been a round or 2 ago. Plus the added benefits of 1 extra life for revealing charm, the possibility of it costing less with Enchanter's Ring, Ring of Asyra, etc.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2016, 05:10:53 PM »
hmm but you could stack up a few healing charms around the arena and activate the radiance pit from anywhere with a burst reveal?

Yes you can.....
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Kharhaz

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2016, 10:10:53 PM »
You wouldn't do it if you only had one Disciple out, but if you had 3-6 out, a healing plus 3-6 damage works for 5 mana. And it's only 3 mana really since you have to assume the charm's already been cast so the original 2 mana would have been a round or 2 ago. Plus the added benefits of 1 extra life for revealing charm, the possibility of it costing less with Enchanter's Ring, Ring of Asyra, etc.

plus the 5 mana for each girl.

I didn't say it wouldn't work. It's just not the most mana efficient way to get ~20 damage done.

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2016, 03:44:53 AM »
The girls can fight as well. I think you could do some crazy burst damage if planned well. You could kill the opponent in 1 or 2 turns.
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
When in doubt kill it with fire? I never doubt and crush them right away.

Moonglow

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2016, 03:45:27 AM »
It does have extra cool points though.  I was just trying to look at ways you could trigger the radiance pit more than twice (with your own cast options).  Healing charm is one of the few ways to stack up some healing spells to allow a mass hit with the radiance pit. 

It might be a little intensive to setup, but does seem to have some nice bluff aspects - as long as you've some face down cards and a mage action left you've got one or more direct damage possibility from each disciple that has to be considered.  On its own one direct damage isn't that big a deal, but a few and potentially a stack isn't anything to sneeze at.  The potential for 2 mage actions and two face down healing charms is up to 24 direct damage (with six disciples in a zone).  If I don't get the play I've still got the healing charms to support my creatures.

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2016, 05:52:37 AM »
I would say:

4 disciples (pretty realistic) and 3 iguana regrowths (also nothing that extreme)
as action: a teleport + a purify (cost 0)

4x4 = 16 damage for 3 mana + the teleport cost that round. This is not THAT hard to set up and can be buffed easily a lot more. and you kill half a mage ignoring armor and without giving your opponent any chance to react! You could combine this with a [mwcard=MW1J24]Temple of Light[/mwcard] to do even more burst damage.

It seems to me you could do some crazy combo's with them. I can sense the ragequits already  ::)
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
When in doubt kill it with fire? I never doubt and crush them right away.

Wildhorn

• Superior artificial brain, feel free to call me Blaine.
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2016, 09:24:34 AM »

plus the 5 mana for each girl.

I didn't say it wouldn't work. It's just not the most mana efficient way to get ~20 damage done.

20 unavoidable damage. It deny armor and defense.

Brian VanAlstyne

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2016, 11:58:57 AM »
Kinda Off-topic, but this was the last thread with a preview/spoiler card.

Is there a list/can one be put together of all the new promos/previews/spoilers that are out there and not currently in an existing set?