April 26, 2024, 01:37:38 AM

Author Topic: ADMW Open - OCTGN Tournament!  (Read 288811 times)

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
Re: ADMW Open - OCTGN Tournament!
« Reply #165 on: April 13, 2016, 10:56:20 AM »
Just letting people know I will be updating the standings and releasing a wave of videos today!
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

BigL16

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 13, 2016, 02:53:50 PM »
I'm having my match with Frozen tonight at 10:30 UTC and my match with Molrid at 5:00 UTC on Sunday.  Any casters are welcome to witness and comment on my demise :)

Puddnhead

• Member of Arcane Duels; MageCast Co-host
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 13, 2016, 04:11:25 PM »
I'm having my match with Frozen tonight at 10:30 UTC and my match with Molrid at 5:00 UTC on Sunday.  Any casters are welcome to witness and comment on my demise :)

I will be there to hit the record button.  Can't promise anything else except a full cast at a future time.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

Powlich

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 13, 2016, 04:18:49 PM »
Me and rinc had our game yesterday. My thornlasher Druid was too much for the Brogan priestess, played by Rinc. Rinc was a bit short of time, so he just tried to be very agressive. He opened with Brogan, enchant him with life link, and then use the divine intervention to teleport him over to my place. Unfortunatly, that was not threat enough for me, since the druid has so much free life regeneration going on. After some surging waves and wall pushes, it was more or less over, and he conceded.

Thank you Rinc for a very short, but quite fun game!

Tyrnan

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 13, 2016, 05:51:25 PM »
sorry i have to postpone our match my computer doesnt want to cooperate
Game will be today Wen 13.04. 18:00 UTC. Casters are welcome :)
Tyrnan's Necromancer emerged victorious from the battle against Wstrząśnięty's Bloodwave Warlord. Puddnhead recorded the match so everyone should be able to watch it in a few days.

A big thankyou to Wstrząśnięty for the fun game and also to Puddnhead  for recording and judging the match.
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
OCTGN: Tyrnan (GMT +1)

Frozen

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 13, 2016, 07:26:24 PM »
Frozen vs BigL16 happened just now. It was a slugfest between a Malakai priest and Anvil throne warlord.

BigL opened with double battleforge, and I answered with battle forge and a mana crystal. After that we both armored up and I summoned my trusty Asyran defender as my holy avenger. We proceeded to then beat the shit out of each other, with an eventual ending! In case someone watches it later the result is below.

Frozen wins eventually, punching through toughness and defenses on the back of burns and holy avenger doing work.

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #171 on: April 13, 2016, 08:40:58 PM »
Just letting everyone know I updated the standings and all mages used. If I missed anything feel free to PM me and I can update it!

Also I released another wave of VODs for anyone that wants to see some truly amazing games.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

reyda

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • Dispenser of indiscriminate justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 14, 2016, 12:32:36 AM »
DevilsVendetta and I played our game tonight. I brought an Anvil Throne Warlord to the table to meet DevilVendetta's Fire Wizard. The Wizard quickly established a strong economical advantage with crystals and discount rings, gearing up with two battleforges; meanwhile the Warlord rushed to his center to summon a Bloodwave Greatbow and a Dwarf Panzergarde. The orc archer made short work of the first battleforge, and a Ballista eventually helped taking out the second one. The Wizard brought a Gorgon Archer to counter the threat of the Greatbow, and managed to dish out weaks left right and center, but his conjurations could not be saved. The ballista went up in flames under the attacks of the Wizard and his Tower. A Bloodcrag Minotaur and a Goblin Alchemist joined the fray to deal with the Gorgon and the Wizard's Towers, as well as a second Greatbow, perched atop an Archer's Watchtower. The Minotaur eventually succumbed to the heat of the Wizard's damage barrier, but the Wizard was struggling to find a safe zone by then, with ranged attacks coming from every direction. The Alchemists slowly corroded his high armor, then the Warlord jumped in the melee, padded with armor and wielding his trusty Forge Hammer, to deliver several heavy blows to the Wizard. This proved too much for the bearded old man, who fell to the floor after 24 rounds of intense play.

Personal thoughts/highlights :
Bloodwave Greatbow is insanely good. With the AT Warlord's battle order, he gets Piercing + 4, making him a beast against conjurations or heavily armored targets.
I had a lot of fun casting Battlefury from a Helm of Command on my opponent to pop Nullifies. It felt so wrong and yet so right at the same time...
These high armor strategies make the games last forever... This one took 4h30 to complete, and we played it pretty fast. At one point I had 9 armor on my mage, which felt pretty silly (and yet it helped against a nasty fireball).
DevilsVendetta, you're a great opponent, and I had a lot of fun in our match. Thanks again!

I'll try to post my spellbook soon.

Molrid

• Playtester
  • New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 14, 2016, 01:01:37 AM »
Booked in all my remaining matches I think vs well the rest of them got a match fri 20:00 cet vs drefan and one on sunday at 1 pm utc-4 (6 pm cet) vs BigL16 and the last one is monday/tuesday at 20:00 cet vs theasaris.

If any caster wanna come and see them matches feel free :)

BigL16

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 14, 2016, 08:21:50 AM »
Frozen vs BigL16 happened just now. It was a slugfest between a Malakai priest and Anvil throne warlord.

BigL opened with double battleforge, and I answered with battle forge and a mana crystal. After that we both armored up and I summoned my trusty Asyran defender as my holy avenger. We proceeded to then beat the shit out of each other, with an eventual ending! In case someone watches it later the result is below.

Frozen wins eventually, punching through toughness and defenses on the back of burns and holy avenger doing work.

Great game Frozen.  I had blast!

gaspode77

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 14, 2016, 08:50:11 AM »
DevilsVendetta and I played our game tonight. I brought an Anvil Throne Warlord to the table to meet DevilVendetta's Fire Wizard. The Wizard quickly established a strong economical advantage with crystals and discount rings, gearing up with two battleforges; meanwhile the Warlord rushed to his center to summon a Bloodwave Greatbow and a Dwarf Panzergarde. The orc archer made short work of the first battleforge, and a Ballista eventually helped taking out the second one. The Wizard brought a Gorgon Archer to counter the threat of the Greatbow, and managed to dish out weaks left right and center, but his conjurations could not be saved. The ballista went up in flames under the attacks of the Wizard and his Tower. A Bloodcrag Minotaur and a Goblin Alchemist joined the fray to deal with the Gorgon and the Wizard's Towers, as well as a second Greatbow, perched atop an Archer's Watchtower. The Minotaur eventually succumbed to the heat of the Wizard's damage barrier, but the Wizard was struggling to find a safe zone by then, with ranged attacks coming from every direction. The Alchemists slowly corroded his high armor, then the Warlord jumped in the melee, padded with armor and wielding his trusty Forge Hammer, to deliver several heavy blows to the Wizard. This proved too much for the bearded old man, who fell to the floor after 24 rounds of intense play.

Personal thoughts/highlights :
Bloodwave Greatbow is insanely good. With the AT Warlord's battle order, he gets Piercing + 4, making him a beast against conjurations or heavily armored targets.
I had a lot of fun casting Battlefury from a Helm of Command on my opponent to pop Nullifies. It felt so wrong and yet so right at the same time...
These high armor strategies make the games last forever... This one took 4h30 to complete, and we played it pretty fast. At one point I had 9 armor on my mage, which felt pretty silly (and yet it helped against a nasty fireball).
DevilsVendetta, you're a great opponent, and I had a lot of fun in our match. Thanks again!

I'll try to post my spellbook soon.
Great match! ,did you think on put some haweyes on your orcs,they are cheap and really boost your attack

Enviado desde mi Edison 3 mediante Tapatalk

gaspode77

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 14, 2016, 08:56:46 AM »
Why you don't like zap as a ethereal attack? Did I miss some thread where  the issue was discussed?

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 14, 2016, 11:21:37 AM »
Why you don't like zap as a ethereal attack? Did I miss some thread where  the issue was discussed?

Yeah. This confused me too. The problem with the wizard really doesn't seem to be the fact that his arcane zap is ethereal, and I've never heard anyone even mention that idea until this tournament. What's up with that?
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Tyrnan

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 15, 2016, 08:41:39 AM »
Match for Group C, Round 3, leggybl0nde vs Tyrnan is scheduled for Sunday 17th of April 14:00 UTC. Casters welcome :)
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
OCTGN: Tyrnan (GMT +1)

gw

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 15, 2016, 11:02:29 AM »
gw vs. ...

...arxiducs (J. Beastmistress) : played (Priest) / won

...kaarin/Wstrząśnięty (Arax. Warlock) : played (S. Beastmaster) / won

...leggyblonde (Necromancer) : played (Druid) / lost

...Tyrnan : Saturday 23rd April 21:00 my time (1900 GMT; 1500 EDT)
OCTGN: gw (GMT+1 currently)