April 26, 2024, 04:29:43 PM

Author Topic: A Adramelech Warlock, would like some input. pretty new to mage wars  (Read 5974 times)

Tisen

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Hello from Sweden!

I have just played a couple of games. This far i enjoy the necro and druid the most. But I don't have so much experience so i would very much appreciate you're thoughts on my warlock book. Please be gentle ;D

Im going up against my friend soon and i THINK he is going to play either the warlord or the forcemaste...

The thought here is that i want to set the world on fire and bring curses down on my enemies like rain.I will try and keep a distance from the other mage. But i thought id bring some heavier creatures if that will go bad and some enchantments to buff them.

I thinks theres no room for all the creatures and I'm not going to have the mana or time to cast all of them. But maybe put some out to gett more of some equipment or dissolve/dispels.

I like to have the forge and sersiryx to free some actions... do i need the mana crystal? should i bring a wand to attached any spells?

Thank you so much in advance for your time!

The list:

Attacks:
Devils trident 2
Fireball 4
Flame blast 2

Conjurations:
Battle forge
Mana Crystal 2

Creatures:
Adramalech, lord of fire 1
Blood deamon 2
Flaming hellion 1
Goran werewolf pet 1
Sersiryx 1
Wildfire imp 5

Enchantments:
Adramalechs touch 2
Agony 2
Bear strength 1
Block 2
Brace yourself 2
Chains of agony 2
Enfeeble 2
Force sword 1
Ghoul rot 2
Harmonize 1
Hawkeye 1
Magebane 1
Maim wings 1
Marked for death 2
Nullify 1
Rhino hide 1
Rust 1

Equipment:
Adramalechs torment 1
Bloodfire helmet 2
Cloak of shadows 2
Fire shapers ring 1
Molochs Torment 1
Ring of curses 1

Incantations:
Disarm
Disspel 2
Dissolve 1
Ignite 4
Seeking dispel 1
Teleport 2

//Mathias

Kanedio

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: A Adramelech Warlock, would like some input. pretty new to mage wars
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 10:02:49 AM »
hello,in order to judge your book it could be helpful to post an opening or what is your purpose....i read that u want to stay away from dangers by using that cloak and burnin things down;am i correct?
if this is your main goal u are running too many creatures and not enough attacks,not counting thta u have only one rust for heavy armored opponents and that u have to "hardcast"all those demons leaving u without actions or mana.Now if u want to use all those imps try running a pentagram but in my opnion that kind of spellbook is not very effective. u definitelly want to use a wand coz u want to burn all in front of u(i suggest 2 of them),add one or 2 more marked for death ,a death link ,akiro's favor,and more flame blast,fireballs,ring of fire....serseryx is another good choiche but it will be the primary  target so adding a pair of brace yourself or a minor heal or wand of healing could help....personal taste:2 walls and a deathlock to secure the early dmg u will dish out are both excellent choiches

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 11:46:48 AM »
Well this doesn't look that bad as is. I don't know about the Force Sword, maybe swap it out with a Regrowth Belt as you have no means of healing at all. Other than that you should be able to lay a fair bit of hate on someone in the form of curses pretty quick. Warlords are going to have trouble getting rid of them all especially if you start off with the ones you have multiples of to use up their likely very limited Dispels.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2016, 04:23:32 PM »
Dude the book is looking pretty sweet! In how many games are you casting all those imps? Without a spawnpoint it's gonna take a boat load of actions to get them all out. Also how are the 2 bloodfire helms working out for you?
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

RomeoXero

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2016, 11:26:37 PM »
Hey Brother! Im liking what i see so far but heres a couple things i notice.
Youve got very limited means of dealing with armor. a warlord might just load up on armor and annoying equipment that you cant get rid of. Maybe add a Crumble if you've got academy, but definitely add either an explode or another dissolve. you might also add another rust or some acid balls. you might find yourself in trouble if your opponent stacks too much armor or dispells the one rust you've got. and i do think you might be a bit creature heavy, free up a couple points there and fill out those attack spells

Goodluck and have fun!!!
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
I love this game. Its awesome!

Biblofilter

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2016, 12:05:35 AM »
Hi there!

and if you end up vs. a Forcemaster 1 or 2 Dispel could be nice!. Maybe even a Mage Wand...
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Töten". "Alles Töten".
Best strat advice ever

Mystery

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2016, 03:10:44 AM »
I'd take out the werewolf, you hardly have mana to cast him and adramalech and all the imps, take 1 more dispel and 1 dissolve.

Having sersiryx a battleforge and 2 crystalls and many creatures is probably too much. Why maim wings when you have the blood demons? maybe take a second hawkeye. and have a second rust.
I'd personally take out one fireball and put in an elemental wand too.

Harmonize BF, two crystalls, sersiryx is too much, take something out. reason for disarm?

Tisen

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2016, 03:37:44 AM »
Wow nice feedback guys! Thanks alot

I Went up against my friend sunday and i lost so hard :( played against a mana draining wizard of doom.

I have noticed that i make offensive books, suppose to play offensively but im so bad at it... i will have to practice. Because of this i gave my opponent room to build up... wich made him really strong and in Control.

Something i learned about the book:
- I must have a wand. I was out of attack spells pretty fast.
- More attack spells! (same reason)
- I didnt get out creatures AT all. some imp but one imp cant do much.
- I didnt get the "all things are gonna burn"-tactics going at all.

Whole playthrough the wiz had total Control, i lost so much mana and couldnt focus to get it back. Im thinking of Kanedios answer... to focus on the attack spells, buffing it. I Think force hammer is a must to get rid of some conjurations.... that cloudthing that manadrain you 2 mana forever is EVIL! and its incorperal........ maybe a spawnpoint and go for some BIG creatures? Could i survive this?

I Think i would do better against an opponent that does not manadrain.... But thats no excuse! back too the workshop!

To you guys who like the build... would you say that its because of my lack of offensive play that i did bad? how would you see this build work?

Thanks again for your input! appriciate it :)

//Mathias

Tisen

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2016, 04:06:54 AM »
Dude the book is looking pretty sweet! In how many games are you casting all those imps? Without a spawnpoint it's gonna take a boat load of actions to get them all out. Also how are the 2 bloodfire helms working out for you?

One of my lessons. Didnt get them out... dont know if they just go or if i will fit in spawnpoint. the helms didnt come out because i didnt get the burning going as i thought i would, the 2 was because i thought that in this build it would be a important Equipment...

SharkBait

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2016, 09:18:03 AM »
    The thought here is that i want to set the world on fire and bring curses down on my enemies like rain.I will try and keep a distance from the other mage. But i thought id bring some heavier creatures if that will go bad and some enchantments to buff them.
    Hi there! Welcome to the dark side. One quick note about this. There isn't a better mage at killing "heavier" creatures in general than the Adramelech Warlock.

The list:

Attacks:
    Devils trident 2
    Fireball 4
    Flame blast 2

I generally see 2 options when playing the AW with regards to attack spells.
    Option 1: Bring enough "fuel" for the whole game (load up on the attack spells)
    Option 2: Bring enough fuel and a wand to bridge any gap that you may need more (but be careful of dissolves)

Other random notes on this section:
    - Look into adding surging wave, it's super effective :P
    - It's ok to fireball conjurations
    - Flameblast + Hawkeye + Fireshaper Ring + Marked For Death is a beautiful thing

Conjurations:
    Battle forge
    Mana Crystal 2
    -Deathlock. Don't leave home without it. Seriously, it saves lives (well... yours)
    -I also like to bring a few tanglevines for utility. Something to look into

Creatures:
    Adramalech, lord of fire 1
    Blood deamon 2
    Flaming hellion 1
    Goran werewolf pet 1
    Sersiryx 1
    Wildfire imp 5
    If you're going for the Burn-The-Face method, you have too many creatures. Those SBP can be used elsewhere. I've also never really gotten an imp swarm to run properly with an Adramelech Warlock, it's more of an Arraxian thing in my opinion.
    - Goran's an interesting choice. I personally prefer Dark Pact Slayer since they do similar jobs. Any reason in particular you chose Goran? I'd be interested to hear some good ideas with this guy
    - Switch the number of Hellions and Blood Demons. Blood Demons are cool, but Hellions are better for the AW in general

Enchantments:
    Adramalechs touch 2
    Agony 2
    Bear strength 1
    Block 2
    Brace yourself 2
    Chains of agony 2
    Enfeeble 2
    Force sword 1
    Ghoul rot 2
    Harmonize 1
    Hawkeye 1
    Magebane 1
    Maim wings 1
    Marked for death 2
    Nullify 1
    Rhino hide 1
    Rust 1
    This is one of those sections that I find varies widely from iteration to iteration. I always end up with way too many enchantments and end up cutting a large amount before a "final" version that I run in a tournament. I'm of the school of thought that the Adramelech Warlock wants to saturate a "core" group of curses, meaning you should load up on as many of them as you can. Examples:

• 1. Marked For Death is amazing for the Adramelech Warlock. Smoldering Curses gives the enemy flame +1, so generally when attacking you'll be getting 2 extra dice against the target
      2. Rust is another amazing curse. It removes 2 armor and Smoldering Curses adds another die to your flame attacks. It's one of the reasons that the AW can absolutely wreck MOST (not all, but most) "heavier" creatures. Rust 'em and Roast 'em.
      3. Enfeeble. Enfeeble is a spell that is SIGNIFICANT in helping you control the board and keeping the other mage in place.

-Those are my two that I like to take full copies of (6 and 4 respectively) and then I dabble in decent numbers of other curses.
    -I'll take a one off or two of magebane and Ghoul Rot if for no other reason than to draw out some dispels.
    -Your current book has a some creature support that may be unnecessary. I almost never spend the SBP on Rhino hide since demons generally have decent armor anyway. Brace yourself (2-3 of them) are generally better uses of mana and sbp in my experience.
    - I hate harmonize. I'd rather drop 2 crystals on the board than pay for harmonize. (with the adramelech warlock)
    - Block is probably a bit expensive for the return. I'd consider cutting down to 1 since it'll really only work once before the other mage catches on and uses unavoidable attacks.
    - You can cut maim wings since you have plenty of anti flying spells.
    - I don't care much for Chains of Agony and Agony since they usually get out-prioritized and cut from my curse selection due to me loading up on the "core" curses.

Equipment:
    Adramalechs torment 1
    Bloodfire helmet 2
    Cloak of shadows 2
    Fire shapers ring 1
    Molochs Torment 1
    Ring of curses 1
    - Adramelech's Torment is alright. I like Moloch's better, personally. I'd also just choose one of them to bring. If you're looking for cheap burns, a mage wand + Ignite is a better investment in my opinion since you can burn something, fireweave it to your real target, and not need a curse there previously. Doesn't mean you can't make Adramelech's Torment work though, it's still a decent option.
    - In light of the demonhide mask reveal from the Warlock Academy set coming up that Arcane Duels made, I'd probably drop the bloodfire helmets altogether. They really take a lot of setup to be worth it, and I like using the actions elsewhere. Up to you though.
    -Cloak of shadows is your friend and lifeblood sometimes. Keep those for sure. Cloak of shadows + enfeeble protects you completely from the disperse and crumble spells.

Incantations:
    Disarm
    Disspel 2
    Dissolve 1
    Ignite 4
    Seeking dispel 1
    Teleport 2
    Incantations are generally the last section on my priority list. If you can fit a drain life and/or drain soul, I'd suggest doing so. Animate Dead is also really nice for that Bear you just roasted.

//Mathias

Play with 120 points, that last point can be a good spell still with the awesome in school selection that Warlocks have :).

Sorry it took me a bit to get to this thread, I wanted to give a good response and not a half assed one. Good luck in your next game and report back how it went!
    • Favourite Mage: Adramelech Warlock
    When in doubt, kill it with fire