April 27, 2024, 04:26:23 AM

Author Topic: Extreme houseruling  (Read 11564 times)

wtcannonjr

• Ambassador of Wychwood
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • WBC Mage Wars Tournament
Re: Extreme houseruling
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2016, 06:37:32 AM »
Cool idea for a houserule!

How about, The gorrilla gains only rage tokens when attacked by an effect controlled by the enemy (making rage worse) BUT, it will not be removed when healed.

--> guard with it a few times to draw fire, heal it afterwards.

What do you think?

I use gorilla and animal kinship as a counter to enemy walls. This is an in school solution for nature mages since they don't have strong flying creatures.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced." - James Baldwin

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2016, 06:39:08 AM »
[mwcard=MWSTX1CKQ06]Eagleclaw Boots[/mwcard]?
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
When in doubt kill it with fire? I never doubt and crush them right away.

Moonglow

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2016, 11:38:10 AM »
Sorry, I couldn't help it - do you mean spank your monkey?!! ;)

So, how do you see this happening?  :P

Turn 1: 19 Ring of beasts + [mwcard=MW1C25]Mountain Gorilla[/mwcard] 2
Turn 2: 11 Enchantment + run&beat you gorilla    9
Turn 3: 18 Gorilla + enchant. + beat gorilla with other gorilla 1

So, basically, you spend 3 turns summoning them, and in the meanwhile you beat them up. sounds like a plan!  8)

oh, and you only have 1 gorilla in the core set.

Maybe you could add 2 rage tokens each time you receive damage and remove 1 token each time you heal? (without being able to add tokens due to friendly damage)

bigfatchef

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2016, 05:06:36 PM »
From Codex:

“Rage +X (Object Trait)
When wounded, this creature becomes extremely vicious and aggressive. Each time it is attacked and damaged by an enemy creature, place a Rage token on it. It cannot have more than X Rage tokens on it. It gains the Melee +1 trait for each Rage token on it. Each time it heals or regenerates, remove 1 Rage token. If it has no damage on it, remove all Rage tokens.“

Also from Codex:
“Enemy (Game Term)
An enemy object is one which is currently controlled by your
opponent(s).“

The interesting word is enemy. Each time it is attacked and damaged by an enemy creature... So friendly creatures doesn't count. The mage out this group of Monkeys cannot hit themselves. I guess DoT attached or effected by friendly will also not work I guess. Seems like you have to wait till somebody hits the gorilla three times.   :(

Moonglow

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2016, 05:56:16 PM »
ummm we know... that's why we're talking about house ruling it to be more useful.... basically its a chase around the board to get the enemy to spank your monkey so its easier to just not use it and cast something else.

From Codex:

“Rage +X (Object Trait)
When wounded, this creature becomes extremely vicious and aggressive. Each time it is attacked and damaged by an enemy creature, place a Rage token on it. It cannot have more than X Rage tokens on it. It gains the Melee +1 trait for each Rage token on it. Each time it heals or regenerates, remove 1 Rage token. If it has no damage on it, remove all Rage tokens.“

Also from Codex:
“Enemy (Game Term)
An enemy object is one which is currently controlled by your
opponent(s).“

The interesting word is enemy. Each time it is attacked and damaged by an enemy creature... So friendly creatures doesn't count. The mage out this group of Monkeys cannot hit themselves. I guess DoT attached or effected by friendly will also not work I guess. Seems like you have to wait till somebody hits the gorilla three times.   :(

bigfatchef

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2016, 06:31:47 PM »
You are right moonglow. I totally missed your Comment just saw the Change in stop removing Tokens by healing.

But even if friendly attacks also count rage steel doesn't sound a really worthy trait. You have to slowly stack them and already get damage by doing so... They should all appear at once.
After dealt damage a creature with Rage +3 should get +3 mellee dice next time activated and maybe one less to zero each following round. When damaged again they are full +3 again. When healed they all can then disappear.

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2016, 01:39:01 AM »
You are right moonglow. I totally missed your Comment just saw the Change in stop removing Tokens by healing.

But even if friendly attacks also count rage steel doesn't sound a really worthy trait. You have to slowly stack them and already get damage by doing so... They should all appear at once.
After dealt damage a creature with Rage +3 should get +3 mellee dice next time activated and maybe one less to zero each following round. When damaged again they are full +3 again. When healed they all can then disappear.

I think this is the best version of Rage I've heard so far.
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
When in doubt kill it with fire? I never doubt and crush them right away.

wtcannonjr

• Ambassador of Wychwood
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • WBC Mage Wars Tournament
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2016, 09:11:27 AM »
[mwcard=MWSTX1CKQ06]Eagleclaw Boots[/mwcard]?
... can be dissolved and leave you stranded.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced." - James Baldwin