April 30, 2024, 02:44:28 AM

Author Topic: Can you put mana on Temple of Asyra from anywhere in the Arena?  (Read 5073 times)

Biblofilter

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Can you put mana on Temple of Asyra from anywhere in the Arena?
« on: November 07, 2015, 07:51:58 PM »
Just had my first go as a Tourney Director :o

[mwcard=MW1J23]Temple of Asyra[/mwcard] doesn't state that the praying clerics, has to be in the same zone as Temple of Asyra (or even have line of sight to it)

So can Clerics put mana on Temple of Asyra without being in the Temples zone?

« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 07:57:53 PM by Biblofilter »
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Töten". "Alles Töten".
Best strat advice ever

Wildhorn

• Superior artificial brain, feel free to call me Blaine.
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
Re: Can you put mana on Temple of Asyra from anywhere in the Arena?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2015, 07:55:35 PM »
Holy shit... never thought of that, but you are right. It doesn't say "cleric in the same zone", so it can be in any zone.

ringkichard

• Flightless Funpire
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Kich, if you prefer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2015, 07:58:59 PM »
There's no relevant FAQ entry that I can see, and I don't remember it ever coming up before! But yes, apparently the temple has a good wi-fi signal for prayer.
I can take the fun out of anything. It's true; here, look at this spreadsheet.

ACG

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2015, 08:33:37 PM »
I never realized this either. This makes Temple of Asyra slightly better, in my mind.

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2015, 03:34:06 AM »
My inner feeling is telling me, that you can add mana from any zone in the arena. We are playing it this way for last three years :)

Also, i think that source of my inner feeling was official one. I will try search button, maybe i will find that old thread.
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2015, 06:37:45 AM »
Part of the reason people forget this might be that if you deploy the clerics with the temple and use your mage's action for something else, then the clerics use every action after that to add mana to the temple, then you don't have any reason to move them. Not unless you're specifically running a cleric swarm and therefore have more than two of them. Not sure how viable cleric swarm really is. What it lacks in raw power it might make up for in sheer flexibility. Plus it probably combos well with Valshalla.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

ringkichard

• Flightless Funpire
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Kich, if you prefer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2015, 08:20:08 AM »
I've had a hard time keeping Valshalla alive. She's awfully fragile for 20 mana. Cleric swarm might help, though. Interesting.
I can take the fun out of anything. It's true; here, look at this spreadsheet.

Gogolski

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2015, 08:42:04 AM »
I knew it and I always thought it a great spawnpoint. A [mwcard=MW1E20]Harmonize[/mwcard]d [mwcard=MW1J23]Temple of Asyra[/mwcard] with two praying [mwcard=MW1C02]Asyran Cleric[/mwcard]s gains 4 mana each round. An [mwcard=MW1C02]Asyran Cleric[/mwcard] costs 4 mana, and you'll needs 6 of them! (One free from the temple, one from your priest(ess). They have to move away and start guarding to protect the temple from attacks, as I always experience it being the main target. (+4 mana on a spawnpoint is threatening!)

Use walls to block attack spells.
Use [mwcard=MW1E37]Sacred Ground[/mwcard] and [mwcard=MW1Q03]Crown of Protection[/mwcard] to make the clerics more durable.
Cast a Holy Avenger [mwcard=MWSTX2FFC01]Asyran Defender[/mwcard].
Cast [mwcard=MW1C39]Valshalla, Lightning Angel[/mwcard]! (The dying clerics will give her the wrath tokens!) Use [mwcard=MW1E25]Maim Wings[/mwcard] on [mwcard=MW1C08]Darkfenne Bat[/mwcard]s or [mwcard=MW1C37]Thunderift Falcon[/mwcard]s or other flyers (or use [mwcard=MWBG1J02]Gravikor[/mwcard])

Lastly: Build a priest book!!

wtcannonjr

• Ambassador of Wychwood
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • WBC Mage Wars Tournament
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2015, 06:10:25 AM »
I've had a hard time keeping Valshalla alive. She's awfully fragile for 20 mana. Cleric swarm might help, though. Interesting.

Crown of Protection and Holy Avenger are good combinations with the Cleric swarm. As you already noted they clerics that die will feed the wrath of Valshalla.
"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced." - James Baldwin

Sailor Vulcan

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2015, 08:14:50 AM »

Crown of Protection and Holy Avenger are good combinations with the Cleric swarm. As you already noted they clerics that die will feed the wrath of Valshalla.

Crown of protection I can see, but how does holy avenger combo well with cleric swarm?
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2015, 07:50:40 PM »
Yes, It's why Asyran Clerics are my favorite creatures in the game right now. Versatility!
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Kharhaz

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2015, 07:58:28 PM »

Crown of protection I can see, but how does holy avenger combo well with cleric swarm?

melee +2, pierce +1 and +5 life for 2 mana?

that makes you decide to focus on the HA or risk letting him get out of hand?

Is that 2 mana is worth your opponent spending 3+ actions to down 11 life with 1 armor? I would make that trade everyday of the week.

wtcannonjr

• Ambassador of Wychwood
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • WBC Mage Wars Tournament
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2015, 06:01:23 AM »

When your easy cleric target is attacked, your Holy Avenger sweeps in and hits with retribution! By providing targets for the opponent you have more options to use the HA benefits. A fast Gray Angel works well in this role.
"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced." - James Baldwin

Sailor Vulcan

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2015, 06:31:44 AM »

When your easy cleric target is attacked, your Holy Avenger sweeps in and hits with retribution! By providing targets for the opponent you have more options to use the HA benefits. A fast Gray Angel works well in this role.

I suppose what I meant is, you can only have one holy avenger at a time, and the priest has less channeling and generally wants to be attacking the enemy Mage himself. I suppose the temple can be used purely for summoning holy avengers, but if that's the case gray angels would be the better option because of their ability to sacrifice themselves to heal you 6 dice from anywhere in the arena. The sacrifice ability means you don't need to spend as many actions on healing yourself, and the ability to deploy them saves you actions as well as mana. This extra action advantage means you're going to have a lot more chances for the priest to attack.