April 30, 2024, 02:03:58 AM

Author Topic: Sosruko's Taunt Effect vs Skeelax  (Read 8079 times)

Borg

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Re: Sosruko's Taunt Effect vs Skeelax
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2015, 05:35:46 AM »
And I am going to pop out my [mwcard=MWSTX2FFQ06]Morning Star[/mwcard] and will taunt [mwcard=MW1C33]Sosruko's[/mwcard] broken and bloody carcass as it is laying there lifelessly on the floor of the arena, just ask Sailor Vulcan....

Right, :) but that's where the Jinx could come in a prevent you from doing that for another round.

There are obviously counters to Sosruko, but that doesn't take away the fact that it can be a powerful effect and something the opposing mage must deal with imo and that makes him react to you rather than you to him which is also a good thing imo.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

SharkBait

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2015, 10:03:29 AM »
And I am going to pop out my Morning Star and will taunt Sosruko's broken and bloody carcass as it is laying there lifelessly on the floor of the arena, just ask Sailor Vulcan....

Funny story, my sister failed 2 dodge rolls in a row with Sos. Thorg squished him flat
  • Favourite Mage: Adramelech Warlock
When in doubt, kill it with fire

wtcannonjr

• Ambassador of Wychwood
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • WBC Mage Wars Tournament
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2015, 05:53:39 PM »
Right now they are separate but similar effects. So no Sosruko's taunt would not be psychic currently. I will be bringing this to Bryan as well, but currently no they are not the same thing.

It would help to clarify how many Codex will be supported going forward.

It seems like we have 3 different codex for Mage Wars right now. Academy, Arena, and Battlegrounds: Domination.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced." - James Baldwin

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2015, 07:06:50 PM »
Domination and Arena have the same codex. Much like Thorg's Taunt is different than Sosruko's, so is Skeelax's. So really there will be 2 codexes.

wtcannonjr

• Ambassador of Wychwood
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • WBC Mage Wars Tournament
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2015, 05:32:42 AM »
Domination and Arena have the same codex. Much like Thorg's Taunt is different than Sosruko's, so is Skeelax's. So really there will be 2 codexes.

Got it. Good to know.

Thanks!
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced." - James Baldwin

Beldin

• The Craziest
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2015, 12:57:40 PM »

Will these codices be totally separate? If cards and terms from Academy are used in Arena will there be an arena codex that covers them? Or will a player have to use the other codex?

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2015, 01:01:56 PM »
They are separate, though in most cases there entries should be pretty close to each other.