April 24, 2024, 11:34:52 PM

Author Topic: OCTGN Tournament: Thunderdome II  (Read 69768 times)

ArcaneDuels

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels - YouTube
OCTGN Tournament: Thunderdome II
« on: August 05, 2015, 04:59:53 PM »
Hey everyone, we know you may be exhausted from the past few tournaments but we're gearing up for the next Thunderdome! This time we'll be hosting the American bracket of players while Schwenkgott hosts the European bracket. After which there will be a brutal best 2 of 3 match between the two champions!

These are the rules Schwenkgott has set out ahead of time. Please read carefully and contact us if you have any questions.

OCTGN Thunderdome II

The Thunderdome Mage Wars Tournament will take place for the second time in September. This time we thought of something special, since there actually will be two tournaments respectively in America and Europe. For the first tournament there is a limit of eight players per continent. After a victor will be announced for each America and Europe, both will contest in the Grand Finale.

The tournament will be carried out via knock-out-elimination. The participants for the first round will be chosen randomly and announced in the Arcane Wonders Forums.

The first round including eight players will be carried out over a longer period of time (Sept- 21 – Oct. 4).  Each player is responsible for organizing the dates he is playing in and communicating these date with the respective organizer. Only after the organizer has confirmed the game and his attendance will the game take place.
Semi-finals and finals will be carried out on the same weekend (Oct. 17/18). The hours will be during the afternoon and in the evening depending on the respective time zone.

In the end, the Grand Finale between the America and European bracket champions, will take place on Oct. 24 (evening in Europe, afternoon in America), where both victors of each tournament will fight against each other for the Champion’s title in a Best of three. Special rule for the end game: After one has lost a game one is allowed to use a side deck.

All games will be recorded and commented by the organizers and provided on Youtube for Mage Wars fans all around the world to be watched afterward. The games carried out during the weekend of the finals will be transmitted additionally on Twitch.

If you want to take part in this great tournament you only have to do two things: Show us that you belong to the active Octgn Mage Wars Community and apply via PM  in Arcane Wonders Forum until Sept. 17. The organizers are for America Coshade/Intangible and for Europe Schwenkgott.

You should keep in mind the following things if you want to take part:

• The most important thing first: Before registering for the tournament the gamer has to make sure that he will have enough time during the games to compete. There is nothing worse than games that cannot take place because of player(s) who cannot make it.
  • Every gamer is allowed only to compete with a single and authentic deck.  This deck has to be sent to the respective organizer latest by Sept. 18.
  • During the game the organizer will check if only spells of the deck are being played. If a spell is used which cannot be found in the specified deck, this will end in disqualification. The referee will look after the adherence of the Mage wars Rules and will be the first person to turn to for both players when questions occur considering rules.
  • There is no time limit for a game. The player whose mage survives will be the winner in the end. In case of a tie, the winner will be chosen by the most influence on the board (amount of mana in creatures + enchantments + conjurations + equipment).
  • All cards that are available on Octgn are permitted, which includes Promo cards as well as the new Battlegrounds Domination cards. Only exception is the Ballista. It will be treated as if it had the characteristic unique.

Up to date information will be posted on the Arcane Wonders Forum. See you in the Arena!
Subscribe to us on YouTube to catch all of our videos!

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Re: OCTGN Tournament: Thunderdome II
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 05:44:03 PM »
What if someone isn't from the Americas or Europe? Do they just pick whichever one is nearest to their time zone or something?

Or do we not have any players in Asia or Australia yet?
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Intangible0

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 05:51:31 PM »
That was actually my first concern with this. The best way to look at it is: The American "time" bracket and the European "time" bracket.

These are the times we're operating out of since it's where we, and a lot of players we know, come from. If either of these brackets work for you the you are allowed to sign up for them, matters not where you actually come from.  ;D
  • Favourite Mage: Johktari Beastmaster

Cnoedel

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 06:06:25 PM »
Can't wait for Schwenkgott to upload his commented videos, had a lot of fun with those :)
"I close my eyes and seize it
 I clench my fists and beat it
 I light my torch and burn it
 I am the beast I worship..."

DTHGRPSBWR

http://absurdurbannihilist.tumblr.com/
my blog.

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2015, 09:54:59 AM »
Eastern Hemisphere vs Western Hemisphere?

Sailor Vulcan

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2015, 10:43:30 AM »

Eastern Hemisphere vs Western Hemisphere?
isn't Europe right on the prime meridian? So it would be both east and west.
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Intangible0

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2015, 11:41:21 AM »
Well Vulcan, you sure have been responding a lot on this thread... Makes me think you want to be involved with this tournament. Should I sign you up?  :)

gdieckhaus

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2015, 12:14:49 PM »
Is there any chance that the players can schedule 1 game a week?  I am not sure I can dedicate a whole weekend to this.
  • Favourite Mage: Asyra Priestess

Sailor Vulcan

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2015, 12:26:36 PM »
"Well Vulcan, you sure have been responding a lot on this thread... Makes me think you want to be involved with this tournament. Should I sign you up?  :)"

Depends on my class schedule.

Quote insertion feature not working.

Intangible0

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2015, 12:39:34 PM »
Is there any chance that the players can schedule 1 game a week?  I am not sure I can dedicate a whole weekend to this.

There's one compromise I can think of. Because of the time restraint (considering everyone's schedule) I can't guarantee it But if you get into the semifinals and your scheduled opponent is available earlier that week then I'm okay with you playing against them during that same week of the 17/18th instead of on the weekend.

However:
  • You have to let me know when you sign up that you can't do two games on that same weekend.
  • Find out ahead of time when the match will be so I can prepare for the stream and let people know.
  • If you win your semifinal match then you are still required to play the final match on the scheduled day. No other rescheduling allowed.
  • Reiterating - Your opponent must be available earlier and willing to play you on a different day.

I'm fine with being flexible, I just don't want the system to get taken advantage of. Hope this works for you  :D

Intangible0

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2015, 12:41:56 PM »
"Well Vulcan, you sure have been responding a lot on this thread... Makes me think you want to be involved with this tournament. Should I sign you up?  :)"

Depends on my class schedule.

Quote insertion feature not working.

Hmm, worked fine on my end. Perhaps a browser issue?

Well there's almost two weeks to schedule the casual match and the semifinals and finals happen on one weekend. After that you'd have awhile before grand finals.

You should do it!

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2015, 01:11:30 PM »
I want to join Schwenkgott, but I don't think it's open yet.
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
When in doubt kill it with fire? I never doubt and crush them right away.

Intangible0

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2015, 03:17:29 PM »
I know that he posted this on the German forum as well.

Unfortunately Schwenk will be gone for awhile (vacation, or work related, I'm unsure). If he doesn't get back to you soon then feel free to message me and I'll add you to the list on my end. :-)

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2015, 07:48:48 PM »
Really looking forward to a great tournament! We had a blast last Thunderdome and I am happy to see players returning to compete.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Intangible0

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2015, 12:02:31 PM »
I've seen a lot of members on octgn lately. This is awesome! However, I wonder, how many will step up to the challenge? How many will brave the tournament to face off against some of the greatest players?  8)