April 28, 2024, 03:12:39 PM

Author Topic: First Mage Wars Tournament on OCTGN  (Read 20722 times)

Schwenkgott

• Thunderdome
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
First Mage Wars Tournament on OCTGN
« on: April 25, 2015, 02:14:38 PM »
First OCTGN Mage Wars Tournament
On the 23th and 24th May, I will start the first Mage Wars tournament on OCTGN. Because I am hosting this event for the first time,  the number of participants is limited to 8 players.

This will be the rules:
 - The first two rounds (Quarterfinal and Semifinal) will be held on Saturday (afternoon and evening gmt+1), that will be late morning and early afternoon for the players from America. The final round starts on Sunday (evening gmt+1). That’s again early afternoon in America.
- Encounters will be chosen randomly. Right from the first game the tournament is played according to the knock-out system, meaning who ever loses his game is out of the tournament. The player who wins three times in a row will be the winner of the tournament.
- Each player may only use the same deck during all of his his games. A copy of this deck (Format: .o8d) has to be sent to me before the first game. In the game the referees will look at each players used spells and compare with their declared decks.  If anyone uses a spell that is not in the specified deck, the player will be disqualified.
- The referee monitors compliance with the Mage Wars rules and helpful when ever there is a problem between the players concerning these rules.
- A game has no time limit, winner is the mage who survives at the end. In the event of a tie, the player who has the highest mana value on the field (Creatures + Enchantments +  Conjurations + Equipment)
- All cards available on OCTGN are allowed in this tournament, this includes promo cards. The only exception is the Ballista. It is treated as if it had the Trait Unique.

If you want to participate in the tournament, send a PM to me on the forums or via OCTGN. If interested, I can give you a quick tutorial how to install and use OCTGN.

Number of players signed in at this time: 8/8
Waiting list: 1/2
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 09:59:24 AM by Schwenkgott »
Akiro, I have never prayed to you before. No one will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that one stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Akiro... so grant me strength! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
Re: First Mage Wars Tournament on OCTGN
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2015, 05:02:22 PM »
This is awesome!
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2015, 06:39:22 PM »
Why is there a tie-breaker if the game is to the death?
  • Favourite Mage: Asyra Priestess

Schwenkgott

• Thunderdome
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2015, 12:25:51 AM »
Because both mages can die at the same time.
Akiro, I have never prayed to you before. No one will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that one stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Akiro... so grant me strength! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

theasaris

• Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2015, 04:00:05 AM »
When exactly will this take place? May 25th is not a Saturday.  ???

Schwenkgott

• Thunderdome
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2015, 04:11:24 AM »
Edited! :)

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2015, 03:05:05 PM »
And the final rule...and no one talks about the Digital Fight Club....

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2015, 07:12:25 PM »

And the final rule...and no one talks about the Digital Fight Club....

I'm not getting the reference lol.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile

Schwenkgott

• Thunderdome
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2015, 01:39:18 PM »
Only 1 place left!
I won't tell names here, but what i can say is ... the contenders are from all over the world :)

Still looking for people, that want to stream these games with english commentary. Send me a message, if you are interested.

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2015, 02:22:33 PM »
Contenders from all over the world, different styles, different strategies... this remainds me of Blood Sport (Great movie! :) )

• Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2015, 02:28:21 PM »
So, is anyone from Brussels going to represent? That would really make it like Bloodsport.

Schwenkgott

• Thunderdome
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2015, 02:32:55 PM »
I was searching for a name ... ALL THE TIME ... thank you guys. The follow up tournaments will be called Kumite! :)

Sailor Vulcan

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2015, 06:36:04 PM »

I was searching for a name ... ALL THE TIME ... thank you guys. The follow up tournaments will be called Kumite! :)

What does that mean?

...do we have any say in this?
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Sailor Vulcan

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
First Mage Wars Tournament on OCTGN
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2015, 06:37:15 PM »
Also there are eight players and its on octgn. Why not call it the Octournament?