March 28, 2024, 06:47:10 AM

Author Topic: Help us improve the OCTGN Module by coming up with creative messages for deaths!  (Read 16799 times)

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
And how many of them are definitely male?

Also, the correct gender neutral/unisex personal pronoun is "they" not "it". "It" is only used for places, things and abstract concepts.

No need to guess or make up new pronouns or anything silly like that. Singular they has been in use as a unisex personal pronoun for hundreds of years before sexist grammar nazis condemned it.

I currently have 35 creatures assigned male pronouns. It isn't so much that the gender of creatures is ever unclear, it is more that they would be referred to as "it" in actual conversation. For example, unnamed demons are referred to as 'it' due to their otherness. Zombies, obviously, are also 'it' (named or otherwise).

Don't worry, the game will not refer to any human-like creatures as 'it'.

Oh. For some reason I thought personal pronouns were pronouns that always referred to a who (person) rather than a what (thing). Just looked up what it actually means.

I never realized who what when where and why were pronouns lol.

I wonder if native english speakers are ever even aware of their own syntax and grammar use if they don't specialize in linguistics or teaching English. I already know we can't hear our own accents lol.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 08:45:04 AM by Sailor Vulcan »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

adanaz

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Just a quick one:

Toasty!@DamageType=Flame

I expect most would get this reference...
  • Favourite Mage: Sortilege Wizard
"My favourite guilty pleasure? Are there innocent ones?" - Shadowcloak Vampire (M15).

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • Playing face-to-face in Ottawa again soon
    • View Profile
    • Ottawa/Gatineau Mage Wars (FB group)
Just a quick one:

Toasty!@DamageType=Flame

I expect most would get this reference...

You'll then need:
Frosty!@DamageType=Frost

At least, once there is an effect that causes frost.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
Stranglevine will be automated here soon, we are looking for death messages for the victims of this heinous vine!
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

adanaz

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
[mwcard=DNJ10]Stranglevine[/mwcard] brings to mind a couple of songs.  You may be able to incorporate them into a death message:

The Jets - Crush on you (also a more recent remix by Nero) "How did you know 'cause I never told, You found out, I've got a crush on you".

Jennifer Paige - Crush "It's just a little crush, Not like I faint every time we touch".

Big Pun - I'm not a player (I just crush a lot) the clean version "I ain't a player I just crush a lot".

• Favourite Mage: Sortilege Wizard
"My favourite guilty pleasure? Are there innocent ones?" - Shadowcloak Vampire (M15).

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
I was tryiing to think of something with devil's snare, referencing that plant that tries to strangle people in Harry Potter, you know?

I have yet to think of anything. :(
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
<A> chokes the life out of <D>!@AttackerName=Stranglevine,Type=Creature,Trait=Living

<D>'s skull pops off as its bones are crushed by the powerful contractions of the <A>!!@AttackerName=Stranglevine@Type=Creature,Subtype=Skeleton

• Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest