April 27, 2024, 08:49:14 PM

Author Topic: The current metagame is boring and stale and I'm getting sick of it. What to do?  (Read 7193 times)

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
You can generally get some time in the Geek Chic lounge and play Mage Wars on their awesome tables. A couple years ago I got to teach Robert how to play Mage Wars.

What's the geek chic lounge? I've never heard of it. Is it an FLGS? I checked Google maps and there are no places with that name in Ohio.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 10:38:26 AM by Sailor Vulcan »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Phoenix

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
I believe Laddinfance is referring to area where the Geek Chic tables are on display in the hotel lobby.  It is really great if you can reserve one of these wonderful tables for evening gaming. It is located near the restaurant in the hotel during Origins.

Sailor Vulcan

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
How much does that cost, and how early would it have to be reserved?
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Phoenix

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
The last two years it has been free on the first come, first served basis.  The reservation is just a list of people signed up to use them.  If I remember it is divided up to 2hr slots for the tables.  They are very popular, and the sign up, reservations, is just to ensure that as many people as possible get exposed to their tables.
The tables are a real joy to play at, very comfortable and nicely built.

Phoenix

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
As for how early, they open reservations in the morning for that evening. 

Sailor Vulcan

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
and you don't have to be staying at the hotel to reserve a table?

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
No, you just have to be at the convention. :) It's a fun spot. All kinds of games going on all the time, and you can get bar service there lol.