April 28, 2024, 01:36:33 AM

Author Topic: Mage Wars Companion App - Feature Requests  (Read 63421 times)

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Mage Wars Companion App - Feature Requests
« on: January 23, 2015, 02:16:17 PM »
This thread is for posting features that you would like to see added to the Mage Wars Companion app. We're eager to have this app become an integral part of your play experience, so please let us know how we can improve.

Thank you for taking the time to help us on this project.

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Wars Companion App - Feature Requests
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2015, 06:39:53 PM »
I haven't bought the app yet, but I was wondering if it has the Codex built into it? I've seen lots of talk about the tracker (all good) and the spellbook builder (mostly criticism) but no mention of a Codex. Considering that is the most often referenced material during game play, having it built into the app would be extremely helpful. Having the Rulebook and Rules Supplement built in would also be nice, but not as necessary I believe.

Icarus

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2015, 06:52:48 PM »
As someone without an appropriate device, I do not have this. But I agree with the above; a codex (preferably searchable) would be amazing.

ericshelpdesk

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2015, 07:08:28 PM »
More compatible devices, including phones.  Our newest galaxy 4.0 tablets aren't supported while the kids Nabi 2 tablets are.
Filtering on multiple criteria for spell book building.
Including the starter books for each mage with the opportunity to a new book based on an old book.

And most of all, an assurance that I won't have to pay money to add more virtual cards to the spell book builder as they become available.

PsyKoStorm

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2015, 07:31:16 PM »
I would need:

1- A filter by type of spell :
Exemple: I want Arcane + incantation or Nature + Enchantment

2- A way to save he name of the spellbook without : Changing name, remove a card, exit, open the book, place a new card, exit.

3- A way to delete spellbook.

4- A way to duplicate a spell book. Exemple: I want to make a new version of the same mage, so I copy the old speelbook as a base to modify it with a new name.

Thanks
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 02:11:24 PM by PsyKoStorm »

netzhuffle

• Playtester
  • Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • Swiss Mage Wars Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2015, 07:56:26 PM »
Having the tracker on smartphones (and not only on tablets) would be awesome!
netzhuffle – Jannis Grimm, German Mage Wars Head Judge. headjudge@magewars.de

thedredman

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2015, 08:41:45 PM »
When building a spellbook, instead of looking by the school the card is in, if you could search by the type, like conjuration, attack, etc. When I build a deck I usually don't go by the school, I go by the type of card. So if there where a feature where I could look at all attack spells, or even better, look at only attack spells of the fire school, or only war conjurations, etc. Other than that, loving the app so far.

Porus Reign

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2015, 08:54:03 PM »
Need to able to rename spell books.
Need to be able to view spell books separately from the builder.  i.e. be able to look at and select cards from your deck and not have them delete themselves.
Need to be able to view available cards by type.
Need to be able to record history of games played. (Record wins and losses when using different mages.
Searchable rules codex
Add spell tombs and promo cards
Indicate when card limit is reached based on number of cards owned.
Do not add IAP for expansions. Add cost into expansion sets (if necessary) or give a code to those who buy expansions sets to get APP updates for free. $5 is a premium price for an app that doesn't really DO anything. Eg. I can't play it. This app now makes me want to get the expansions I missed, it is encouraging play, charging me to then update the app will feel cheap.
zoom on cards needs to be bigger
Alternate way to scroll pages (arrows or something) as often a slip of the finger means you select a card you had no intention of selecting.

Thanks

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2015, 10:08:34 PM »
Since a lot of other people have mentioned search capabilities, I will add that the search and filter features of OCTGN are the main reason I use it for spellbook building. With it I can search by Name, which Set it came in, Type, Subtype, School of magic, Mana Cost, Level, Card ID number, whether it takes a Quick or Full action to cast, the Range I can cast it at, what it Targets, how much life or armor it has, what it has in the attack bar, and the Card Text. I'm not saying that the official spellbook builders need this much functionality, but I will say that is what you guys are competing with and it is very useful. At the least I would include the same filters as on the current web based spellbook builder: Name, Type, Subtype, School, Level, and Cost.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 10:10:42 PM by Zuberi »

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2015, 10:11:51 PM »
Since a lot of other people have mentioned search capabilities, I will add that the search and filter features of OCTGN are the main reason I use it for spellbook building. With it I can search by Name, which Set it came in, Type, Subtype, School of magic, Mana Cost, Level, Card ID number, whether it takes a Quick or Full action to cast, the Range I can cast it at, what it Targets, how much life or armor it has, what it has in the attack bar, and the Card Text. I'm not saying that the official spellbook builders need this much functionality, but I will say that is what you guys are competing with.
QFT

All of the card data is searchable, also it has an export function to post your book to the forum or into the AW spellbook format.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Tophermay

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2015, 12:52:17 AM »
I am enjoying this app. Thanks a lot for making it and for providing support for it. Here are my suggestions.

In addition to the aforementioned search functions and acces to the codex here is functionality I believe should be in this app: (in addition to fixing the incorrect novice spell calculating)

Builder:

1) a way to delete spellbooks

2) a way to view cards in the spellbook without deleting them (not to mention making it harder to accidentally delete spells when scrolling through book list. It is very frustrating to accidentally delete a spell and can't tell which one you deleted)

3) a way to sort cards by type

4) ability to see the mages special abilities while building (maybe include the mage special ability cards in the library)

5) easier navigation through the pages. Swiping is very tedious and the click function is difficult. (This might be eliminated by being able to sort by school and type at the same time so I could just see the nature enchantments for example or all enchantments)

Tracker;
1) a way to automatically track auto damage (ghoul rot, etc), life gain (sunfire amulet) and healing (regenerate)

2) show the round number

3) provide an undo or back to the previous round feature

im sure I will think of more but here is my staring contribution.

fas723

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2015, 05:39:18 AM »
Except the above I would like to see:

- A better overview of your built books. I have only found the books in list format. It would be nice with a grid view of which cards you have picked, together with a sort function inside each book.
- Drag and drop of cards instead of clicking into books. Clicks should be for detailed viewing.
- A built in, let me call it: "Rule-FAQ". With guidance in how Teleport works in variable situations, LOS situations, upkeep orders, etc that might be hard to understand by just reading in the rules. I guess you can easily take these topics from the forum.
- Pre-built books like, apprentice books, tournament winning books, etc together with a guide how each one is meant to be played.
- Add a promo set which you can have as option on top all the other sets.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 07:14:14 AM by fas723 »

jtharrison

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2015, 10:00:24 AM »
Would be nice if you could make it available for iphone

netzhuffle

• Playtester
  • Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • Swiss Mage Wars Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2015, 10:53:12 AM »
Oh, and my top feature request: A German translation would be awesome! :)
netzhuffle – Jannis Grimm, German Mage Wars Head Judge. headjudge@magewars.de

Master Ruprecht

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2015, 08:01:40 PM »
I love all of those ideas and would emphasize on codex and FAQ and different languages (German being my personal wish).