March 29, 2024, 02:56:01 AM

Author Topic: Lev 1 outposts lose Zone Exclusive thought  (Read 5793 times)

echephron

• Player
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • The finest in mage wear...
    • View Profile
Lev 1 outposts lose Zone Exclusive thought
« on: December 16, 2014, 02:36:19 PM »
I had an idea for a fun rule change that will never happen. Change the level 1 outposts to lose Zone Exclusive. they have to stay far apart anyway due to being outposts, and i'd love to not worry about saving space for future outposts.

i welcome you to list problems with it. makes Altar of domination easier to pull off. lets you place outposts on top of enemy zone exclusives too.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 07:50:21 PM »
Insane combos. Garrison post and archers watchtower in the same zone. Warlord keeps spawning goblin slingers behind walls, and they get off several attacks before you can destroy the wall, unless you climb over it. Even then, he has at least two more zones just like it and they are easily replaceable for a relatively low cost. Better if those goblins have to move twice to reach a tower, since they already have other ways to protect them on the way besides walls, like fortified position, standard bearer, guards and especially armory.

And worse, with such a rule change he can get a lot more total outposts into the arena, which will make his barracks channeling ridiculous fairly quickly.

That doesn't sound fun. It sounds unfair. I think if I played against a warlord and this was a house rule, I would not want to play.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 07:52:20 PM by Sailor Vulcan »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
Re: Lev 1 outposts lose Zone Exclusive thought
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 08:06:46 PM »
I think he means that level 1 outposts still have to follow the outposts rules but themselves are not Zone Exclusive so can exist in a zone with another conjuration, including other Zone Exclusive conjurations. Neat idea though.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

echephron

• Player
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2014, 08:49:30 PM »
correct sike

Sailor Vulcan

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2014, 10:01:12 PM »
Oh oops. You're right that is interesting. Not sure if it would be balanced, though. That might be interesting to try.

Then again, it probably would be overpowered. Garrison post is essentially the equivalent of a 4 mana summoning circle  that can't be dispelled which benefits barracks channeling and altar of domination.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 10:05:56 PM by Sailor Vulcan »
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Arlemus

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2014, 12:50:21 AM »
...lets you place outposts on top of enemy zone exclusives too.

I think this is probably why it might make them too strong.  You could final QC a garrison post in the same zone as an enemy conjuration, then deploy a soldier and first QC to conquer it with not too much worry of reaction.  That seems a little wrong to me.
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer

echephron

• Player
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2014, 03:50:51 PM »
ooo that is a problem. k new idea!

how about:...
This card loses the Zone Exclusive Trait if you control the zone it is being cast into or control another Zone Exclusive conjuration in that zone.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 05:25:31 PM by echephron »

Sailor Vulcan

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2014, 04:54:19 PM »
That might be a good effect for an enchantment that targets outposts

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2014, 05:50:48 PM »
how about:...
This card loses the Zone Exclusive Trait if you control the zone it is being cast into or control another Zone Exclusive conjuration in that zone.

Does the loss of control of the zone (meaning no friendly creatures in the zone, and at least one enemy creature there) result in its automatic destruction? That might balance it... a little.
  • Favourite Mage: Asyra Priestess