April 27, 2024, 01:11:15 PM

Author Topic: MW Battlegrounds Domination Spoilers  (Read 187661 times)

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
  • www.magewars.weebly.com
    • View Profile
MW Battlegrounds Domination Spoilers
« on: October 26, 2014, 03:56:20 PM »
Okay well by now it should be well known that PvS isn't really that close to coming out. The next thing up to be released is MW Battlegrounds, so this will be a thread where I cover information as it gets released, including cards, what's included, how it will be played, and other stuff. Feel free to speculate or post ideas.

WHAT WE KNOW

• Battlegrounds is a new type of Mage Wars expansion. The past expansions are "Arena" expansions.
  • It will be the next expansion to be released. Release date is June/July
  • It is called "Battlegrounds:Domination" and will include "Domination Mode", a new way to play the game where instead of having to kill the enemy Mage to win, you can instead capture "Power Orbs" and somehow use them to win the game.
  • You could still also win by simply killing the other Mage.
  • The "Power Orbs" had guardians, called a "Ssslaak".
  • These creatures had 2 armor, 8 health, and a quick attack of 4 dice.
  • They would only attack you if you attacked them. Hence, they were on guard all the time. They were also bound to the zone with the Power Orb, so they couldn't be pushed or teleported out of said zone.
  • Battlegrounds will have a Modular board. It will be puzzle-cut pieces that you will be able to use to make any shape arena you desire.
  • There will also be official multiplayer rules. Everybody knows that the rules for multiplayer that came in the base rulebook aren't the most comprehensive rules in the world. So hopefully Battlegrounds can help change that.
  • There will be more spells that come out in Battlegrounds as well. All are useable in both Domination and Arena, but some are made specifically for Domination and therefore won't be as useful in the original game.

I can't talk about the stuff going behind the scenes in playtesting but the list above is the information that has been publicly released and I will keep this list updated as we learn more. If I have missed anything, feel free to let me know but please also direct me to the source so I can verify it as being true and not just speculation.

3/2/2015 - Updated with cover art.

3/9/2015 -Minor spoiler posted on online game store

4/6/15 - Up for Preorder, some new pics and info.

The spoilers have started as of 4/13

4/20 Astral Anchor

4/27 Bolt of V'Tar

5/4 Cascading Force Wave

5/11 Guard Dog

5/18 Sentinel of V'Tar

Battlegrounds Rules

5/26 Skeelax, Taunting Imp

6/1 Galaxxus

« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 02:13:26 PM by Lord0fWinter »
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
Visit my Mage Wars blog at www.magewars.weebly.com, also check me out on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MageWarsBlog and on twitter at @MageWarsBlog

V10lentray

• Member of Arcane Duels
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Re: MW Battlegrounds What We Know So Far
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2014, 07:25:17 PM »
There will be cards released in Battlegrounds as well that will be usable in the base game as well as battlegrounds. There will also be cards that are specifically for Battlegrounds.  And cards already released will be able to be used in the battlegrounds expansion.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
  • www.magewars.weebly.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2014, 07:29:55 PM »
There will be cards released in Battlegrounds as well that will be usable in the base game as well as battlegrounds. There will also be cards that are specifically for Battlegrounds.  And cards already released will be able to be used in the battlegrounds expansion.

I knew I forgot something. And it was an important one. Thank you.
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
Visit my Mage Wars blog at www.magewars.weebly.com, also check me out on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MageWarsBlog and on twitter at @MageWarsBlog

isel

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2014, 10:57:01 PM »
i only want to know if we have anything realeased before end of the year. If battlegrounds it´s before PvS, then it´s difficult that PvS would be this year.

V10lentray

• Member of Arcane Duels
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2014, 11:45:33 PM »
In the podcast they said that PvS was going to be after Battle Grounds and After Academy. So PvS is not going to be this year.

isel

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2014, 08:04:02 AM »
Ahhhhh it´s november now, i was very sad because i didn´t hear anything about next product of arcane, i believe was PVS, now it´s battlegrounds, but....we continue without hearing anything, now im depressed, please laddinfance i believe it´s time to begin spoilers, at less one xdxd

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2014, 09:28:44 AM »
I'm working feveriously on the finishing touches of Battlegrounds. We'll have spoilers as soon as is humanly possible. I want to show everyone Battlegrounds, trust me. I'm sorry that the speed of our progress is making you sad, and I want to fix that. It's what I'm working on right now.

ozmo

• Playtester
  • Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2014, 02:04:16 PM »
I'm working feveriously on the finishing touches of Battlegrounds. We'll have spoilers as soon as is humanly possible. I want to show everyone Battlegrounds, trust me. I'm sorry that the speed of our progress is making you sad, and I want to fix that. It's what I'm working on right now.

And there's the problem. We don't play this game to be humans. We're humans in every day life.

Instead why not put a little more effort in and give us spoilers as soon as is Dwarvenly possible? Or as soon as is Orcishly possible? But no Elvishly. If we rely on the elves you'll just sit around drinking wine and lamenting for the lost era when everything was better and way cooler before the other races showed up.

Damn hipster elves.

ozmo

• Playtester
  • Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2014, 02:08:06 PM »
But in all seriousness - my group says take your time. We're big fans of things that are properly done. Many of us used to play heroclix and wizkids didn't always rarely never seemed to playtest anything which resulted in nasty broken pieces that sucked the fun out of the game.

So if it takes you guys longer to get a good, balanced game going then so be it.

In the meantime we just discovered the D&D Adventure Games and we're playing around with how to use Mage Wars as the combat system for it.

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2014, 02:33:30 PM »
Thank you for your vote of confidence.

Also, I love the DND adventure games.

ozmo

• Playtester
  • Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2014, 05:28:03 PM »

I bought Drizzt last week. My friend had Ravenloft. Now... I've ordered Ravenloft & Ashardalon. My friends have as well. And we're going for all of the Dungeon Command stuff as well.

It's a good thing we don't obsess or anything.

Maverick

• Ambassador - Twin Cities MN
  • Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • I got a fever, and the only cure is Mage Wars!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2014, 06:07:57 PM »

I bought Drizzt last week. My friend had Ravenloft. Now... I've ordered Ravenloft & Ashardalon. My friends have as well. And we're going for all of the Dungeon Command stuff as well.

It's a good thing we don't obsess or anything.

I own Ravenloft, Ashardalon, Drizzt, and all 5 dungeon commands. I love the whole system though I have yet to include the Dungeon Command stuff into my adventure game plays. All those extra minis are a hassle to pull out of the dungeon command games for use in the adventure format so I just opted out entirely. Watch out for the characters in the Legend of Drizzt set as they are more powerful then the characters from Raveloft and Ashardalon.
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
Easy, guys.. I put my pants on just like the rest of you -- one leg at a time. Except, once my pants are on, I win Mage Wars!

KosmosAlive

• Mage Wars Enthusiast
  • Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • The universe abounds with life, without a doubt.
    • View Profile
    • The Adventures of Zea - Project Website (Under Construction)
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2014, 01:44:38 PM »
What is After Academy? I'm excited to hear of another expansion!

--the Iron Legionnaire
-- Kosmos

V10lentray

• Member of Arcane Duels
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2014, 02:44:32 PM »
PvS is scheduled after academy

isel

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2014, 03:44:12 PM »
laddinfance , i would like to know 2 questions about battlegrounds:

-When will be released?
-The cards in that expansion will be new? or there wil be old ones?
-Quantity of cards?

Thanks