April 29, 2024, 03:34:18 AM

Author Topic: Adramelech Face Melter  (Read 16770 times)

Schwenkgott

• Thunderdome
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Adramelech Face Melter
« on: August 19, 2014, 05:31:40 AM »
This is my first Deck, i want to show you guys.  Played and won with it three times. It's called Adramelech Face Melter ... for a good reason :)
Maybe i can help some of you, that are confused about possible playstyles of the new Warlock.

[spellbook]
[spellbookheader]
[spellbookname]Adramelech Face Melter[/spellbookname]
[mage]A Adramelech Warlock Spellbook[/mage]
[mage]built by the OCTGN SBB[/mage]
[/spellbookheader]
[spells]
[spellclass]Attack[/spellclass]
[mwcard=MW1A06]6 x Flameblast[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1A04]4 x Fireball[/mwcard]
[mwcard=DNA01]2 x Acid Ball[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX2FFA01]2 x Devil's Trident[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Conjuration[/spellclass]
[mwcard=MW1J04]1 x Battle Forge[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1J12]1 x Mana Crystal[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1W03]2 x Wall of Fire[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Creature[/spellclass]
[mwcard=MWPROMO41]1 x Fire Elemental[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Enchantment[/spellclass]
[mwcard=MWSTX2FFE01]3 x Adramelech's Touch[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX2FFE07]3 x Rust[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1E31]2 x Poisoned Blood[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1E27]3 x Marked for Death[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX2FFE03]1 x Arcane Corruption[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1E09]1 x Agony[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1E14]1 x Enfeeble[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1E08]2 x Death Link[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1E32]2 x Regrowth[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX2FFE02]2 x Akiro's Favor[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1E21]2 x Hawkeye[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1E22]1 x Hellfire Trap[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1E29]2 x Nullify[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Equipment[/spellclass]
[mwcard=MW1Q10]2 x Fireshaper Ring[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1Q14]2 x Lash of Hellfire[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1Q06]2 x Dragonscale Hauberk[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX2FFQ01]1 x Adramelech's Torment[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1Q28]1 x Ring of Curses[/mwcard]
[mwcard=DNQ01]1 x Cloak of Shadows[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Incantation[/spellclass]
[mwcard=MWSTX2FFI01]2 x Combustion[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX2FFI05]4 x Ignite[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1I11]2 x Explode[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1I06]2 x Dispel[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX2FFI03]2 x Disarm[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1I28]2 x Teleport[/mwcard]
[mwcard=FWI13]1 x Seeking Dispel[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1I07]1 x Dissolve[/mwcard]
[/spells]
[cost]Total cost: 120 pts[/cost]
[/spellbook]

The basic strategy of this deck is to get in your enemies face asap and melt it with hellfire!
(the fire elemental should not confuse you. on octgn we play with these promocards, but you can use the spellpoints otherwise)

First turn 19 Mana: Move 1, cast Hawkeye (hidden, 2) and Ring of Curses (2)

Second turn 24 Mana: Move 1, cast Fireshaper Ring (3) and Adramelechs Touch on enemy mage (revealed, 4)
(If the enemy plays defensive and stays in his corner, you can do something else here in preparation phase)

Third turn 26 Mana: Move 1, cast Marked for Death (revealed, 5) and Fireball (8 )
You can cast a 10 dice fireball here. If the enemy deployed Armor, you can think about using Acid Ball or Dissolve next turn.
Just ignore enemy creatures and try to use both actions with attack spells. Try to use 8 dice Fireblast first, so block or reverse attack is useless.
After the first 10 Dice Fireball hits, the enemy is in a world of pain  8)
When running out of mana, you can use Ignite on a Creature or Conjuration in the enemy mages zone and swap the burn to him. Always pay the wanted burn mana cost of Adramelechs Touch, so you can use a 5 mana Combustion if the enemy is heated up to finish him (beware of nullify).

Bad things, that may hinder you:
1) Enemy mage uses Guard with Intercept -> just teleport the mage or the guard away from each other.
2) Enemy mage uses heavy armor -> 8-10 dice attacks hurt, even with armor. But you should reduce the armor with Acid Ball or Dissolve.
3) Enemy mage dispels/dissolves curses (Marked for death) or buffs (Hawkeye, Fireshaper Ring) -> Marked for Death has to be recast (you lose 2 dice with no curse on enemy), recasting the rest is up to you.
4) Enemy mage tries to stay out of LoS -> It's not easy to evade a range 2 Fireball at all. You can use teleport to bring you near the enemy (Move 1, teleport 1, use quickcast Fireblast for example)

Additional Stuff:
The Forge and the crystal are in the deck for another opening. Open with these to be less vulnerabe (easy deploy some armor)

Akiro, I have never prayed to you before. No one will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that one stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Akiro... so grant me strength! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Re: Adramelech Face Melter
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 05:34:12 AM »
I would like to mention, that RUST is also a curse :)

I will be maybe OT but how Fire Elemental plays for you? Is he good, bad?
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

Schwenkgott

• Thunderdome
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 06:35:13 AM »
Yes, i forgot about that. Cheaper way to reduce armor (4 mana with ring)
The elemental is awesome, but usually i dont have the mana for it.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 06:36:58 AM by Schwenkgott »
Akiro, I have never prayed to you before. No one will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that one stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Akiro... so grant me strength! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

Bluebaron

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 09:00:44 AM »
Very nice spellbook with a lot of fire power. However, two questions remain.

What is your counter to walls, especially wall of earth?

How do you deal with mages with a lot of defenses, e.g. forcemaster?

I think you should swap at least the fire elemental for a falcon precision and something that can do damage to fire immune stuff.

Wildhorn

• Superior artificial brain, feel free to call me Blaine.
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2014, 09:17:10 AM »
My Juggernaut Dwarf would eat you alive. You would lose an action every turn teleporting my mage/panzerguard every round. Your fireball would barely scratch my 5 armor (can boost to 9 with a Brace Yourself if needed) and burns would hardly land while I hit you for 8 dice with my hammer.

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2014, 09:24:18 AM »
fight... Fight.. FighT. FIGHT! FIGHT!!!

Now, be a gentlelady and gentledwarf and settle your differencies in the ARENA and write a great report about it :)
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

BoomFrog

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2014, 09:44:12 AM »
Akiro's Favor would be better then hawkeye, although you can of course do both.  If you are already rolling 7-9 dice a reroll is much stronger then +1 die.  Also you can reroll missed burns, corrodes, and it applies to melee if you bust out the lash.  All in all I like it, and tried something similar. 

However a dwarf  with harshforge plate and elemental cloak gives this build a ton of trouble.  Adding 2 mana to the cost of dissolves and curses adds up fast.

Schwenkgott

• Thunderdome
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2014, 10:52:20 AM »
My Juggernaut Dwarf would eat you alive. You would lose an action every turn teleporting my mage/panzerguard every round. Your fireball would barely scratch my 5 armor (can boost to 9 with a Brace Yourself if needed) and burns would hardly land while I hit you for 8 dice with my hammer.

I already played against such a Warlord and was still able to win. At the end, he had 7 burns on him and took a 13 dice Combustion.
Your Armor might be nice, but it wont help you against Igniting your Guard and moving the burn to you every round. A mighty Hammer may hit hard, but what if he's out of range? This Warlock melts faces from afar and he does that very quickly. There is no time for the enemy to build up a huge defense (and counterattack in a dangerous way) at the same time.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2014, 11:08:19 AM »
Akiro's Favor would be better then hawkeye, although you can of course do both.  If you are already rolling 7-9 dice a reroll is much stronger then +1 die.  Also you can reroll missed burns, corrodes, and it applies to melee if you bust out the lash.  All in all I like it, and tried something similar. 

However a dwarf  with harshforge plate and elemental cloak gives this build a ton of trouble.  Adding 2 mana to the cost of dissolves and curses adds up fast.
Along with a well place Harshforge Monolith can make things quite mana expensive.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Schwenkgott

• Thunderdome
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2014, 12:26:36 PM »

Rust and Acid Ball to reduce his Armor and then burn him. -2 Flame is no problem.

Wildhorn

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2014, 01:42:46 PM »

I already played against such a Warlord and was still able to win. At the end, he had 7 burns on him and took a 13 dice Combustion.
Your Armor might be nice, but it wont help you against Igniting your Guard and moving the burn to you every round. A mighty Hammer may hit hard, but what if he's out of range? This Warlock melts faces from afar and he does that very quickly. There is no time for the enemy to build up a huge defense (and counterattack in a dangerous way) at the same time.

You have no way to get ride of earth walls, I would wall you in a zone then Watchtower + any ranged soldier would kill you.

Schwenkgott

• Thunderdome
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2014, 03:52:25 PM »

You have no way to get ride of earth walls, I would wall you in a zone then Watchtower + any ranged soldier would kill you.

You mean these evil 3 dice ranged soldiers? Yes they will kill me someday, but usually the game is over in turn 5 ;)
I want you to spend mana on creatures, that first are inactive when summoned and then have to move the next round without beeing able to attack. Like this i win 2 rounds where your invested mana does not do anything. Even with earth walls, i cannot be walled in from all sides (when you use 2 of them, you only waste mana and win a round).
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 03:59:43 PM by Schwenkgott »

jacksmack

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2014, 05:15:03 PM »
he can wall himself off in corner and wait 15 roiunds summining all his creatures.

Wildhorn

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2014, 05:29:36 PM »

You mean these evil 3 dice ranged soldiers? Yes they will kill me someday, but usually the game is over in turn 5 ;)
I want you to spend mana on creatures, that first are inactive when summoned and then have to move the next round without beeing able to attack. Like this i win 2 rounds where your invested mana does not do anything. Even with earth walls, i cannot be walled in from all sides (when you use 2 of them, you only waste mana and win a round).

I can cast 4 walls in 1 round. I just need 3 to cut the arena in half, allowing the Sniper to snipe you for 5 dices if you go hide in a corner.

You really need to add a way to break Earth Walls in your spellbook, this is all what I am saying.

Schwenkgott

• Thunderdome
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2014, 03:34:17 AM »
Ok, that's something i can live with. I think i would buff the Warlock with all he needs and then kill the wall with a fireblast (akiros favor) and maybe a melee attack. I lose i round, we both spend the same mana. That's not too bad.

I'm not saying, that this deck is the best warlock deck out there. I'm just saying: It's fun to play, and basicly you are prepared for the common bad situations. There are counters to this, but can still do huge amounts of damage.