April 29, 2024, 11:37:42 AM

Author Topic: Adramelech Face Melter  (Read 16774 times)

jacksmack

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
Re: Adramelech Face Melter
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2014, 03:39:52 AM »
u got nothing but flame attacks. Even your basic attack is flame.

Against your current book Wall of Earth is indestructable.

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2014, 04:01:20 AM »
I'm not gonna say "Oh I'll easily beat you mwahahaha with Build X" but I would suggest losing the Fire Elemental and picking up Sectarus and maybe an Elemental Wand to spam Acid Ball with if you get walled in. If you're going all in fast and heavy you don't have time and mana for the Elemental anyway right? Also the cursed sword will let you spit out curses faster.

Other than that I really like the way this style plays, I'm interested to see how it develops for you.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

Schwenkgott

• Thunderdome
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2014, 08:20:26 AM »
Yes, not i see, the Wall of Earth is Flame immune. I have to meditate about this to find a solution.

Think i will use some of the elementals spellpoints for eagleclawboots and other curses.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 08:22:04 AM by Schwenkgott »
Akiro, I have never prayed to you before. No one will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that one stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Akiro... so grant me strength! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

Schwenkgott

• Thunderdome
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2014, 11:36:04 AM »
[spellbook]
[spellbookheader]
[spellbookname]Facemelter[/spellbookname]
[mage]A Adramelech Warlock Spellbook[/mage]
[mage]built by the OCTGN SBB[/mage]
[/spellbookheader]
[spells]
[spellclass]Attack[/spellclass]
[mwcard=MW1A06]6 x Flameblast[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1A04]4 x Fireball[/mwcard]
[mwcard=DNA01]2 x Acid Ball[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX2FFA01]2 x Devil's Trident[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Conjuration[/spellclass]
[mwcard=MW1J04]1 x Battle Forge[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1J12]1 x Mana Crystal[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1W03]2 x Wall of Fire[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1W04]2 x Wall of Thorns[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Enchantment[/spellclass]
[mwcard=MWSTX2FFE01]3 x Adramelech's Touch[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX2FFE07]3 x Rust[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1E31]1 x Poisoned Blood[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1E27]3 x Marked for Death[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX2FFE03]1 x Arcane Corruption[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1E09]1 x Agony[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1E14]2 x Enfeeble[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1E08]2 x Death Link[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1E32]1 x Regrowth[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX2FFE02]1 x Akiro's Favor[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1E21]1 x Hawkeye[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1E29]2 x Nullify[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Equipment[/spellclass]
[mwcard=MW1Q10]2 x Fireshaper Ring[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1Q14]2 x Lash of Hellfire[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1Q06]2 x Dragonscale Hauberk[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX2FFQ01]1 x Adramelech's Torment[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1Q28]1 x Ring of Curses[/mwcard]
[mwcard=DNQ01]1 x Cloak of Shadows[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX1CKQ06]1 x Eagleclaw Boots[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Incantation[/spellclass]
[mwcard=MWSTX2FFI01]1 x Combustion[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX2FFI05]2 x Ignite[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1I11]1 x Explode[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1I06]3 x Dispel[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX2FFI03]1 x Disarm[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1I28]2 x Teleport[/mwcard]
[mwcard=FWI13]2 x Seeking Dispel[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1I07]2 x Dissolve[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1I12]2 x Force Push[/mwcard]
[mwcard=FWI04]1 x Force Wave[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Creature[/spellclass]
[/spells]
[cost]Total cost: 120 pts[/cost]
[/spellbook]

This is the last and updated version of the Face Melter. hmm maybe i will call her Facemeltress in the future. She has proven very powerful. I played about 15 games on OCTGN and i never lost as far as i can remember. Have fun in playing with fire  8)

Akiro, I have never prayed to you before. No one will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that one stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Akiro... so grant me strength! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

BoomFrog

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2014, 01:00:42 PM »
Why cloak of shadows instead of elemental cloak?  Why the forcewave?  I'm surprised at only 2 acidballs, it seems great with ariko's favor and hawkeye and marked for death already in.  Obviously rust is better, but you can only use one.  Also I'd think jetstream through WoT would be reliable enough with ariko's favor and you get an extra 4 dice attack and save 2 mana.

How often do you use the battleforge?

Schwenkgott

• Thunderdome
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2014, 01:10:25 PM »
Opening is Crystal and Battleforge in Round 1.
You dont need it, but it gives you backup in case the game lasts longer than four or five rounds. If the enemy does not take out any defenses (intercepting guardian, hauberk etc), you should win in 4 rounds.

The Cloak of Shadows is used against ranged defenses like Slingers or Gorgon Archers, so they cannot attack you, while you set the nessessary curses on the enemy Mage.
The Wall of Thornes is primarily not there to do a push. It's there to block sight for archers or Wizard Towers with the option for a push. The force wave is used against swarm play, for pushing more than one enemy through a firewall.
In the end, i never used these combinations, because the game ended "normally", meaning the enemies faces were melted down by some 10 dice fireballs or 8 dice flameblasts with neverending burns.

Remember: All you need is
1) Fireshaper Ring
2) Hawk Eye
3) Marked for Death
[4) Akiros Favor]
[5) Adramelechs Touch]
[6) Rust]
Then you start spamming Fireballs (or Flameblast if your Mana is low or the Enemy might have some Block/Reverse Attack)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 01:27:53 PM by Schwenkgott »

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2014, 10:15:37 PM »
I like the new version it seems a little more stream lined. Good that you got the boots for walls. I like to keep a Sectarus with my Warlock to give a non-flame option in case they show up with the ole Elemental Cloak/Dragonscale combo.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

BoomFrog

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2014, 11:12:36 PM »
That's true, 2 dissolves and 1 explode seems pretty minimal.  Have you ever faced a solo dwarf warlord build?  It's basically the warlord version of blasting banker with Harshforge Plate instead of Suppression Cloak.  Seems like it'd give you trouble.

Speaking of going solo, you have 0 creatures and marked for death can only give you the benifit once per turn.  I know 10 dice fireballs are fun, but a magebane is basically guaranteed 1 damage and often 2, so that seems like a better basic curse to throw on people.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2014, 12:29:18 AM »
That's true, 2 dissolves and 1 explode seems pretty minimal.  Have you ever faced a solo dwarf warlord build?  It's basically the warlord version of blasting banker with Harshforge Plate instead of Suppression Cloak.  Seems like it'd give you trouble.

Speaking of going solo, you have 0 creatures and marked for death can only give you the benifit once per turn.  I know 10 dice fireballs are fun, but a magebane is basically guaranteed 1 damage and often 2, so that seems like a better basic curse to throw on people.
Yes he has and that is what the boots are for, he won that game though I didn't play it that well, not to detract from Schwenkgott skill he is a master player, I am not.....
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Mortuss

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2014, 02:05:28 AM »
I think I'm gonna be a bit of a tool here, but have you thought about playing this out of Wizzard? You would loose one attack dice thx to demonic reward and one life(also ring of curses, death link and torment, but i dont consider them essential to the strategy), but gain channeling, shield, wizzard tower and training in arcane instead of dark, which would require a little tweaking, but basically you would loose some explosive power in favor of more options and survivability..
And yeah, the warlock lady is prettier than the old geezer, so probably stick with her :D

Schwenkgott

• Thunderdome
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2014, 02:43:49 AM »
Yes, but the warlock is still better. I dont want to wate mana on a wizard tower. The 1 additional attack dice from the warlock skill is what you need. Even if the enemy has a armor 2 equipped, even if he has -2flame protection, your damage is still high enough to burn everything in 3 rounds. If spend x mana and get the same amount of attack dice, your always fine.

Biblofilter

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2014, 05:42:42 AM »
What are you going to do vs someone who someone who summons [mwcard=MW1C01]Adramelech, Lord of Fire[/mwcard]                                                                                                                            Poo your pants like the rest of us?

Even minor creatures like [mwcard=MW1C15]Firebrand Imp[/mwcard] and [mwcard=MW1C16]Flaming Hellion[/mwcard] seems like you would be forced to ignore those?

Naturally you have weaknesses vs all things anti-flame (Flame -2, Burnproof, Flame immune conjurations)

Excellent vs Druid, not so hot (forgive me) vs Warlock.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 09:27:38 AM by Biblofilter »
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Töten". "Alles Töten".
Best strat advice ever

BoomFrog

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2014, 08:00:48 AM »
What are you going to do vs someone who someone who summons [mwcard=MW1C01]Adramelech, Lord of Fire[/mwcard]                                                                                                                            Poo your pants like the rest of us?

Even minor creatures like [mwcard=MW1C15]Firebrand Imp[/mwcard] and [mwcard=MW1C16]Flaming Hellion[/mwcard] seems like you would be force to ignore those?

Naturally you have weaknesses vs all things anti-flame (Flame -2, Burnproof, Flame immune conjurations)

I'm pretty sure his reaction is to smile at how much mana they invested and then melt the enemy mages face before Adramelech can do anything significant.  He cost 24 and swings for 6 dice plus burns and can't attack the turn he is summoned.  That means if Adramelech is summoned round 2 he has not even broke even with straight fireballs until at least round 6.  By then the match is probably over.  Adramelech is too slow.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 08:51:37 AM by Laddinfance »

Biblofilter

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2014, 10:11:19 AM »

Even minor creatures like [mwcard=MW1C15]Firebrand Imp[/mwcard] and [mwcard=MW1C16]Flaming Hellion[/mwcard] seems like you would be force to ignore those?

I'm pretty sure his reaction is to smile at how much mana they invested and then melt the enemy mages face before Adramelech can do anything significant.  He cost 24 and swings for 6 dice plus burns and can't attack the turn he is summoned.  That means if Adramelech is summoned round 2 he has not even broke even with straight fireballs until at least round 6.  By then the match is probably over.  Adramelech is too slow.

You might be right. I thought i´d would be a auto-win for the male Warlock here with Lord Of Fire.

I tried to looked into it:

ADRAMELECH FACE MELTER                                                                          LORD OF TERROR

19 Hawkeye 1                                                                                          19 Enchanters Ring 2
    Ring of Curses 2                                                                                       Cheetah Speed 1
    Move 1                                                                                                     Move 1

25 Fireshaper Ring 3                                                                                 25 Lord of Fire 24
     Adramelechs Touch 4                                                                                Bear Strenght 1
     Move 1                                                                                                    Move 1

26 Marked For Death 5                                                                              9  Ring of Curses 2
     Fireball 8                                                                                                 Shift enchantment  1
     Reveal Hawkeye 1                                                                                    Reveal Bear Srength 3
                                                                                                                   Reveal Cheetah Speed 3

10 dice attack                                                                                          8 dice attack

19                                                                                                           9

This is hardly a laughing matter for the Adramelech Facemelter. The Lord of Terror is somewhat behind here in mana and deal lesser damage. Lesser chance to get a burn and no way to keep the opponent burning like the facemelter but he has 5 more hp from the beginning and he has one more action each round. The Facemelter has a 10 mana lead here but the Lord of Terror has a 0 mana cost attack so thats probably going to change.

Is Lord of Terror really far behind here?

• Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Töten". "Alles Töten".
Best strat advice ever

Schwenkgott

• Thunderdome
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2014, 11:14:17 AM »
When i start attacking, it is with 2 attack spells at once, so the enemy cannot react.

That's what i would do:

1st Round: 19 Mana
Forge -8
Hidden Hawk Eye -2

2nd Round: 18 Mana / 1 on Forge
Deploy Ring of Curses -1
Adramelechs Touch -2
Hidden Akiros Favor -2

3rd Round: 23 Mana / 1 on Forge
Hidden Marked for Death -2
Hidden Rust -2
Until now, there is no hint for the enemy, that he will burn in hell soon, so no need to deploy hauberk or cloak.
He should expect Ghoul Rot or something like that. No armor can help against direct damage from curses.

4th Round: 28 Mana / 2 on Forge
Deploy Fireshaper Ring -1
Reveal Marked for Death -3
Reveal Hawkeye -1
Reveal Akiros Favor -3 (to do at least average damage or reroll the effect for burns)
Fireball -8 (or go with Flame Blast first if there might be a Reverse Attack or Block)
Fireball -8

5th Round: 13 Mana / 1 on Forge
Eventually reveal Adramelechs Touch and pay for extinguished burns. Depends on the damage done in last round.
Fireball -8 (or Flameblast if you are low on mana)
Flameblast -5
Until now i rolled about 32-36 dice with additional burn damage in upkeep. If the enemy is still not dead, you can finish him with Combustion in the next round, if he survives the ongoing burn hellfire.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 11:18:30 AM by Schwenkgott »