March 29, 2024, 06:26:33 AM

Author Topic: Altar of Skulls  (Read 2480 times)

Agraxe

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Altar of Skulls
« on: July 27, 2014, 12:37:52 PM »
Hello guys, thanks again for receiving me!

I like to discuss about this powerful conjuration for the necromancer .... as u might know, Altar of skulls could be a win just by itself,  if the opponent let u complete it, and propperly protect it.... BUT .... thats the deal...

1) when u try to get the 8 tokens... u just have 2 options a) pray with 1 cleric each turn b) destroy enemy creatures ..... so its more complicated than it seems ..... and if the opponent doesnt have (or use) creatures... u have to wait(suffer) 8 turns to pull it out ...

2) In 8 turn .... they can kill your cleric..... can simply destroy the altar, or also can destroy your mage before it reach 8 turns

3) even if u reach the 8 tokens.... i bet u´d have to pay lots of mana in order to make it possible... and effort to do it could leave u depending only in that strategy, on that conjuration... a conjuration that is not that hard to destroy

so... it is a strategy that wont work with a good player in the other side of the table....

the reasson im telling u guys this is because i just bought Druid vs Necromancer... i love the druid... and i love the necromancer... but i have found more usefull cards on the core game that use poison... than this altar...so i prefer right now to make a summoner necromancer, rather than a venenous one....

My suggestion is to make it with a lower number of turns to activate this great altar(i think 5 is a good number).... or make it more resistant to damage (like resilent, or having more hit points).... so u just concentrate on protecting your clerics... or yourself..... Or letting more clerics to put 2 skull tokens per turn

thanks for your support.... player who play with this mage would like to make this change :) good luck!!

echephron

• Player
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • The finest in mage wear...
    • View Profile
Re: Altar of Skulls
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 06:38:01 PM »
there has been plenty of talk about this spell. next time i suggest you search for that post and add to it to prevent forum clutter.

edit: may i suggest this post:
http://forum.arcanewonders.com/index.php?topic=14126.msg37566
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 06:40:14 PM by echephron »
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

Agraxe

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Altar of Skulls
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 11:00:23 PM »
hey thanks... i search on "spell"... i guest i didnt do it good enough... but still i really think there should be changes with this good card... thanks again :D