Author Topic: Jinx  (Read 3726 times)

Aquila

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Jinx
« on: December 20, 2012, 08:26:36 AM »
Question:
What if i have a thunderbold (or so) attached to a staff/wand and get jinxed after that?
Does the Jinx force me to take back my attachment to my spellbook, when i try to quick cast the attack from the staff/wand?

pixelgeek

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
Re: Jinx
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 09:56:55 AM »
That would be the way I read it. Spellbind doesn't contradict that so that is the way I would play it
  • Favourite Mage: Adramelech Warlock
Arcane Wonders Web Guy
Problem with the forums or website?

Send me a PM

Words to live by: I commit strongly to defending my wand.   Precisely so that I don't lose it.

lukard

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 09:57:28 PM »
I know this is an very old topic, but I would like to correct it so people do not get confused.

What if i have a thunderbold (or so) attached to a staff/wand and get jinxed after that?
Does the Jinx force me to take back my attachment to my spellbook, when i try to quick cast the attack from the staff/wand?

No, it doesn't. You get your mana refunded and the spell still bound to the staff/wand.

FAQ - Jinx:
"If Jinx is used to counter a Spellbound spell, the spell card stays on the equipment to which it was Spellbound, as per the rules of Spellbind."

FAQ - Spellbind:
"If a bound spell is countered, the spell effect is canceled, but the bound spell still remains bound (it is not destroyed or discarded). This includes if the spell is canceled or fails, such as with a Jinx spell, or if the target changes or is moved."

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 01:27:41 PM »
NP
 lukard the FAQ is correct  8)

Locking
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage