June 28, 2024, 08:59:45 PM

Author Topic: Expansion cards  (Read 13334 times)

Master Ruprecht

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Re: Expansion cards
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2014, 08:18:45 AM »
I know, but I definitly want both a second time to have both preconstructed Warlords at the same time, and a third time to build at least one Warlock of my own (better yet a forth time so I can buid both in addition to the preconstructed).   8)

DailyRich

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2014, 09:21:51 AM »
Why standard bearer and barracks? Those are both things you will only want 1 of in a book and only for a single mage. It's not something sl most people will run short of.

If you want to build both Warlords simultaneously, you'd need two copies of FvW, since each comes one to a box.

Cnoedel

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2014, 05:46:27 PM »
It surely would not hurt to print one more "Barrack" and "Standard Bearer" and have it in the FiF.

In conclusion it is either:

- Not thought through because AW didn't expect us to put all prebuild Mages together at once

OR

- nasty businessmaking on the back of their customers

...This isn't the fist time this issue appeared and sadly i think it won't be the last - I won't complain since I am  not able to play that often but i see myself buying a second core somewhere in time so i guess they already won :D >:(
"I close my eyes and seize it
 I clench my fists and beat it
 I light my torch and burn it
 I am the beast I worship..."

DTHGRPSBWR

http://absurdurbannihilist.tumblr.com/
my blog.

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
  • www.magewars.weebly.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2014, 06:38:24 PM »
It surely would not hurt to print one more "Barrack" and "Standard Bearer" and have it in the FiF.

In conclusion it is either:

- Not thought through because AW didn't expect us to put all prebuild Mages together at once

OR

- nasty businessmaking on the back of their customers

...This isn't the fist time this issue appeared and sadly i think it won't be the last - I won't complain since I am  not able to play that often but i see myself buying a second core somewhere in time so i guess they already won :D >:(

Or it's because they are trying to get as many new cards out there as possible. People who try building all the spellbooks at once are in a very small minority, so they are basing their card distribution on getting out new cards instead of reprinting old ones. Laddin has mentioned something along these lines before I think (too lazy to find it).

I know they are aware of this issue and are discussing ways to fix it. I also remember a post discussing the possibility of releasing a Barracks and Standard Bearer card with alternate art for the Anvil Throne Warlord, basically a Dwarven Barracks instead of an Orcish one. Can't find it, sorry. Hopefully this isn't my imagination playing another trick on me -_- Just know that they're doing what they can.
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
Visit my Mage Wars blog at www.magewars.weebly.com, also check me out on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MageWarsBlog and on twitter at @MageWarsBlog

Cnoedel

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2014, 06:53:25 PM »
We are talking about 1x Barrack and 1x Standard Bearer - or in general: All Unique cards that came in Expansion packs (since the core set ones are added in the second core spell tome i suppose)

Reprinting 2 cards and add them to FiF is not a big deal at all, regarding that this small minority of hardore fans/supporters need to buy the set all over again thus pissing them off.

DTHGRPSBWR

my blog.

BoomFrog

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2014, 06:57:34 PM »
2 more reprints of old cards means 2 less copies of new cards. Exactly which 2 cards should they have removed from FiF to make room for the extra barracks and standard bearer?

Cnoedel

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2014, 07:19:54 PM »
"2 more reprints of old cards means 2 less copies of new cards."

Because there was not enough space in the Box for 2 more cards? You have got to be kidding me :D

DTHGRPSBWR

my blog.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2014, 07:47:44 PM »
"2 more reprints of old cards means 2 less copies of new cards."

Because there was not enough space in the Box for 2 more cards? You have got to be kidding me :D
This it's the real question. What two would you pull out to put those two in? Only so many cards can be printed and packaged for any given set. So once again which two? Understand that there will be someone or some group that will feel the same about the two cards that you choose to pull out, the same way you feel about these two cards. No win situation honestly.

Maybe one day they will release a spellbook builders expansion pack that helps with this kind of situation.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Cnoedel

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2014, 08:02:24 PM »
If under any circumstances Arcane Wonders is unable to put in two more cards, yes you both are right, i wouldn't cut off a single card in FiF ( Haha, I dislike Sardonyx so he could have been the chosen two :D:D, just kidding)

But why isn't this the real question? Why is there a limit that cannot be crossed by two cards? I don't want to judge on AW but i cannot see the problem there

DTHGRPSBWR

my blog.

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2014, 08:41:15 AM »
If under any circumstances Arcane Wonders is unable to put in two more cards, yes you both are right, i wouldn't cut off a single card in FiF ( Haha, I dislike Sardonyx so he could have been the chosen two :D:D, just kidding)

But why isn't this the real question? Why is there a limit that cannot be crossed by two cards? I don't want to judge on AW but i cannot see the problem there

Not to go into too much detail, as I'm sure I'd bore you all with production, but the quantities of cards in our sets are precisely numbered to coincide with the size of card sheets that our manufacturer uses. If we do not print based on the quantities on their print sheets then our cost goes up greatly, as they effectively have to print the whole sheet regardless of how many extra cards we need.

Right now Forged in Fire has a quantity of cards that fit this. If we add two cards, then we would need to fill the rest of the print sheet to keep from disproportionally increasing cost.

V10lentray

• Member of Arcane Duels
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2014, 07:05:26 PM »
good we need more teleports, I have 2 copies of the base game and 2 of each spell tome and still run short on teleports.

I rarely run more than 1 Teleport. You must be doing something wrong...
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

ringkichard

• Flightless Funpire
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Kich, if you prefer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2014, 08:44:43 PM »

Oh, my sweet summer child.
I can take the fun out of anything. It's true; here, look at this spreadsheet.

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2014, 10:15:45 PM »

good we need more teleports, I have 2 copies of the base game and 2 of each spell tome and still run short on teleports.

You rarely run more than one teleport, your local meta game must be different. Here's an experiment to try: play an earth wiz kill zone build with 4 teleports and see if the number of teleports your opponents include in their builds changes, and also see whether this changes the number of teleports that you yourself end up deciding to include in the future.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Wildhorn

• Superior artificial brain, feel free to call me Blaine.
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2014, 06:32:16 AM »

You rarely run more than one teleport, your local meta game must be different. Here's an experiment to try: play an earth wiz kill zone build with 4 teleports and see if the number of teleports your opponents include in their builds changes, and also see whether this changes the number of teleports that you yourself end up deciding to include in the future.

Try to stack armor and then laugh at golem pit.

jacksmack

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2014, 09:14:07 AM »
I thought golem pit was - if not completely then partly - replaced with jelly pit.