May 01, 2024, 10:17:34 PM

Author Topic: Gremlin Power  (Read 9732 times)

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
Re: Gremlin Power
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2014, 01:22:40 PM »
So not only does it not work but this whole discussion is besides the fact that putting any kind of enchantment on such a low level, low health creature is almost always a bad idea.  Level 1's are easily outclassed, and by investing more mana (and actions) into them you're 1-2 attacks away from losing your investment.

I don't think it would be a good idea even if BG's got the bonus...

Don't get me wrong though, post the release of acid ball low level creatures are great.  Blue gremlins are very efficiently costed and generically strong for the mana, but that doesn't mean you should risk mana on their frail body.
Adding a Bear Strength to a BG can make him quite a hard hitter....
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

sdougla2

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2014, 01:25:12 PM »
I'm kind of tempted to try putting Lion's Savagery on a Pet Thunderdrift Falcon despite it's frailty (Note: don't try this against a Wizard).
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

baronzaltor

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2014, 01:39:25 PM »
I'm kind of tempted to try putting Lion's Savagery on a Pet Thunderdrift Falcon despite it's frailty (Note: don't try this against a Wizard).

This works pretty well.

Also, Enchantment Transfusions can let you get a lot of mileage out of one Lion Savagery as you slide it from Falcon to Falcon to Falcon multiple times in one round

Wildhorn

• Superior artificial brain, feel free to call me Blaine.
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2014, 02:07:51 PM »
So not only does it not work but this whole discussion is besides the fact that putting any kind of enchantment on such a low level, low health creature is almost always a bad idea.  Level 1's are easily outclassed, and by investing more mana (and actions) into them you're 1-2 attacks away from losing your investment.

Don't get me wrong though, post the release of acid ball low level creatures are great.  Blue gremlins are very efficiently costed and generically strong for the mana, but that doesn't mean you should risk mana on their frail body.

Blue Gremlin has very high survivability for its mana cost. Adding Bear Strenght (or Lion's Savagery if it worked) make him a very hard hitter, with lots of survivability and mobility. They are my favorite level 2 creature.

Doucotasisay

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2014, 02:55:42 PM »
I just want you all to know how heart broken I am about my gremlins losing their lion savagery. I also checked this forum again about a third of the way through playing my deck to find that definitive answer which ruined that game for me. I weep. and go change all those lion savagerys to bear strengths

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2014, 05:25:36 PM »

I just want you all to know how heart broken I am about my gremlins losing their lion savagery. I also checked this forum again about a third of the way through playing my deck to find that definitive answer which ruined that game for me. I weep. and go change all those lion savagerys to bear strengths

The point of gremlins is more for their mobility and efficiency than their power. Their abilities allow them to move in and attack pretty quickly. Plus if you use walls then they're even more useful because your opponent can't move through them but they can.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Arlemus

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2014, 08:06:13 PM »

Blue Gremlin has very high survivability for its mana cost. Adding Bear Strenght (or Lion's Savagery if it worked) make him a very hard hitter, with lots of survivability and mobility. They are my favorite level 2 creature.

I agree, but it doesn't change the fact that buffing out a low level creature with enchantments is a bad idea for a multitude of reasons, not the least of which is that it can be 1-2 shotted.  Any control that goes off of level is then so much better against it as well. 

Orc butchers also have high survivability for their mana cost, but the only enchant I'd be willing to put on them is  the Standard, and that's only because it buffs other creatures. 
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer