April 29, 2024, 03:11:20 PM

Author Topic: Online spell book builder?  (Read 428611 times)

pixelgeek

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
Re: Online spell book builder?
« Reply #90 on: July 30, 2013, 12:35:03 PM »
One additional comment would be... Can it work across PC, Mac and iPad?

It will be a web based application so you should be able to use it on all your devices.
  • Favourite Mage: Adramelech Warlock
Arcane Wonders Web Guy
Problem with the forums or website?

Send me a PM

Words to live by: I commit strongly to defending my wand.   Precisely so that I don't lose it.

pixelgeek

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
« Reply #91 on: July 30, 2013, 12:36:40 PM »
I would love to see a droid app for this. Just my 2¢ on the matter

The company really doesn't have the resources to do platform specific applications of any type. First out will be a web based app and as long as your device has a modern browser it should be able to use the site.
Arcane Wonders Web Guy

Send me a PM

Words to live by: I commit strongly to defending my wand.   Precisely so that I don't lose it.

Fentum

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 30, 2013, 12:41:12 PM »
One additional comment would be... Can it work across PC, Mac and iPad?

It will be a web based application so you should be able to use it on all your devices.

Lovely. ETA?

pixelgeek

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
« Reply #93 on: July 30, 2013, 01:03:37 PM »
Lovely. ETA?

None at the moment. We have a lot of work going on concurrently so its difficult to say
Arcane Wonders Web Guy

Send me a PM

Moonglow

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 30, 2013, 02:23:04 PM »
Wish AW would also approve the request on the forum then for some one to release their pdf list of the cards with images.

What you're working on is great, but some of us don't have constant internet access, or our mobile data is very expensive. I know that a basic print out of the cards doesn't help with maths of building a deck, but it does fit as a solution for some of our needs that a Web based solution doesn't.

I feel quite frustrated with AW shutting down a lot of the fan based enthusiasm promising to 'do it themselves',   but then not being able to meet the diversity or pace of interest. I get all the IP stuff, but I think that there are good examples of allowing community and open source contributions to help support business growth. It doesn't have to be a marshall the wagons the Indians are coming response.

I would love to see a droid app for this. Just my 2¢ on the matter

The company really doesn't have the resources to do platform specific applications of any type. First out will be a web based app and as long as your device has a modern browser it should be able to use the site.

Locusshifter

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 02, 2013, 11:43:53 AM »
No offense to the efforts of Pixel Geek, but Card Game DB already had a working system in place. It would have been done. I understand the want to have that traffic here at the AW forums, but still we sit a year later without a decent means to create spell books other than PDF's found in the BGG forums.

I'm a patient guy. I love this game. I'm looking forward to the builder. Here's hoping it's sooner rather than later.

pixelgeek

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
« Reply #96 on: August 02, 2013, 12:05:44 PM »
No offense to the efforts of Pixel Geek, but Card Game DB already had a working system in place.

I'm not aware of what went on with Cardgame DB or what happened to that project.

I have an alpha version of the new JavaScript based deck builder and will be adding images to it and begin testing on Tuesday.

Arcane Wonders Web Guy

Send me a PM

Locusshifter

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 02, 2013, 12:11:10 PM »
No offense to the efforts of Pixel Geek, but Card Game DB already had a working system in place.

I'm not aware of what went on with Cardgame DB or what happened to that project.

I have an alpha version of the new JavaScript based deck builder and will be adding images to it and begin testing on Tuesday.

I'd imagine it's a case of wanting that traffic on the AW site so not only are we building but discussing in the same place; and rightly so.

pixelgeek

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
« Reply #98 on: August 02, 2013, 12:22:16 PM »
I'd imagine...

But neither of us actually know so its really just speculation.
Arcane Wonders Web Guy

Send me a PM

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 02, 2013, 12:32:18 PM »
The Deckbuilder and Forums are now gone from CardGameDb :(
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Moonglow

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 02, 2013, 03:53:32 PM »
Shouldn't you know Pixelgeek? I would have thought it'dmake more sense to be looking at the whole vision/direction for the wwebsite comms channels together. Intent to capture audiences, and align services would likely work better if it's designed and conceptualised holistically. Feels like it would hinder the work you're doing (the great work)  if you're not privileged to the whole picture.

I'm not saying you should tell us or anything, but it was surprising to hear you say you're in the dark too.

I'd imagine...

But neither of us actually know so its really just speculation.

pixelgeek

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
« Reply #101 on: August 02, 2013, 08:53:48 PM »
Shouldn't you know Pixelgeek?

I do web development and I am not privy to the decisions that the company makes or the conversations they have with third parties.
Arcane Wonders Web Guy

Send me a PM

Moonglow

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 02, 2013, 11:57:27 PM »
Guess its an organisational philosophy thing.  I believe you would be able to contribute more and perform better with a sense of the long term direction/vision.

Shouldn't you know Pixelgeek?

I do web development and I am not privy to the decisions that the company makes or the conversations they have with third parties.

Koz

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 07, 2013, 12:01:48 PM »
No offense to the efforts of Pixel Geek, but Card Game DB already had a working system in place. It would have been done. I understand the want to have that traffic here at the AW forums, but still we sit a year later without a decent means to create spell books other than PDF's found in the BGG forums.

I'm a patient guy. I love this game. I'm looking forward to the builder. Here's hoping it's sooner rather than later.

I love the game too, but the fact that we are a year in and the player base has been clamoring for a solution to this the whole time and nothing has happened is a bit of a let down.  This should be a priority IMO based on how badly we all want it.  It shouldn't have taken as long as it has, but AW is a new company and I'm sure they have a lot on their plate.

Still...we need this to get completed sooner rather than later. 

Fyst

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 26, 2013, 08:47:35 PM »
If anyone would like to use my online spell book builder, you can access it at:

www.gameknight.org/MageWars

Please keep in mind that this was my personal spell book building tool and is probably not ideal for everyone. If enough people want to use it, I will add features to save and/or print spell books (possibly other changes, as suggested). I make no promises as to when I will update it, but it is functional at the moment for all of the standard/expansion game sets.

I had personally been using this tool since Gencon last year. I no longer play the game regularly. I originally wrote the program before the game was released, as I had been following them since Origins and Gencon the previous year. I spoke with multiple people at the AW booths last year and this year to offer the code to them for free, including updating to their needs for the initial page. They showed no interest at all, so it continued to be used only by me and a couple of friends.

Sorry if this is too late to do any good for anyone. I do not come to the forums often and did not realize that others may be looking for a similar tool.