April 26, 2024, 02:11:20 AM

Author Topic: Online spell book builder?  (Read 428538 times)

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
Re: Online spell book builder?
« Reply #60 on: February 28, 2013, 09:14:44 AM »
Any updates on when this feature will be rolled out? I have a couple of spellbooks I have entered and stored there. There is no way to provide feedback like if it is missing spells and such.

I really like what they have done there but they are moving very slow. I hate to say that but with the expansion out they are now even furter behind.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Koz

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 28, 2013, 11:43:39 AM »
Quote from: "sIKE" post=8275
Any updates on when this feature will be rolled out? I have a couple of spellbooks I have entered and stored there. There is no way to provide feedback like if it is missing spells and such.

I really like what they have done there but they are moving very slow. I hate to say that but with the expansion out they are now even furter behind.

Well, I have the feeling this took a back seat to the Star Wars deckbuilder.  That's kind of lame though because Star Wars is pretty much the lightest deckbuilding game ever and I don't really understand why anyone NEEDS an online Deckbuilder for that game.  It's not like there are lots of choices to make or remember.  I play Star Wars and I still laugh when I see people post their decks and I'm always like "oh wow, you made a handful of choices from a teeny-tiny card pool, how amazing, thanks for sharing!"  

Sorry for the side-track there, but I have a feeling that Star Wars is exactly the reason the Mage Wars deckbuilder has taken so long (you know, a game that actually NEEDS one).  Darksbane has even stopped responding to messages left in the Mage Wars threads on the forums so we don't know where this stands right now as the weeks continue to tick by :(

BlueByLiquid

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 28, 2013, 02:18:09 PM »
I will have something soon

Bjorne

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 26, 2013, 02:13:03 AM »
How is the CardgameDB deckbuilder coming along? I hope they get the support they need. It looked really promising but now all magewars-activity at cardgamedb.com seem to have stopped and it appears like a missed opportunity. The expansion cards really needs to come online soon I think, as well as the full deckbuilder.

Bjorne

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 17, 2013, 02:58:28 PM »
Bump.

Apparently Darksbane over at cardgamedb.com didn't get the scans for the expansion yet. I really wish this tool to be completed. Its such a nice way of trying and sharing deck ideas.

Koz

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 22, 2013, 03:32:19 PM »
Yeah, I saw a post from him saying that since Sean left Arcane Wonders he hasn't gotten any responses from them and he has never received the scans for the expansion.  We really need SOME sort of online deck builder because counting out books on paper or in your head is a pain in the rear.  Big time.  

Can someone from Arcane Wonders post here and let us know what's going on?  Cardgamedb is a great resource and a nice site and I'd like to see the deckbuilder updated.

booored

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 22, 2013, 11:59:20 PM »
I made a post begging for them to contact cardgamedb...

http://magewars.com/jsite/forum/general-discussion/11603-arcane-wonders-a-messge-from-afan-of-mage-wars#11603

go and sign it please!!

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 24, 2013, 07:59:47 AM »
I asked broood to repost is this thread because we have had multiple threads all on the same topic and I was trying to combine them. Since Broood has not I will do it.

Quote from: "booored" post=11603
So I have core + the 2 boosters and the 2 new guys... I really like your game.. but what I REALLY want is for you to communicate with another online community called CARDGAMEDB.COM.

I am not affiliated with them in any way... I am just a user there.

When MW first came out you guys said that they could post the cards on their site so we could have a easy database to look though as well as access to there extremely good deck building software and archive system for rating and publishing decks. (just like the LCGs they support)

This was all well and good until the new expansion came out and we have been waiting and waiting for them to update their site and they keep telling us that you guys are not replying to their mails permitting them to post the card images, like you did last time.

Here is the Deck Builder
http://www.cardgamedb.com/index.php/magewars/mage-wars-deck-builder

We would LOVE you to communicate with these guys so they can go ahead with fishing the Mage Wars section of their site!!

PLEASE.. contact the admin!! Just send a 3 letter email... "go for it" and your done.. this would be like 3 seconds of work!!
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 24, 2013, 08:04:20 AM »
Quote from: "booored" post=11604
I made a post begging for them to contact cardgamedb...

http://magewars.com/jsite/forum/general-discussion/11603-arcane-wonders-a-messge-from-afan-of-mage-wars#11603

go and sign it please!!
Broood Please keep it all in 1 thread. I do know the community wants this but the AW staff has been so backed up I do not currently know how far along it is. Maybe if some body from AW  could let us know it would be nice.  :whistle:
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

isel

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 24, 2013, 10:17:23 AM »
Quote from: "pixelgeek" post=5218
No iPhone app that I am aware of but there is an online tool

http://mw-deck-builder.herokuapp.com

and cardgamedb.com is adding support for Mage Wars to their site.

wow, it´s possible to download this in my computer and work without internet? it´s for my job ;P

I hope soon see warlord and forcemage!!!

CanadianMohawk

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 27, 2013, 08:17:01 PM »
I went to cardgamedb tonight looking for aid in building my deck. I'm sad that the Forcemaster Vs. Warlord and Promo cards from the Game night package aren't in it.

It's a real drag to try and do this in your head on on paper.

Arcane Wonders, please, please, please do something soon to alleviate this problem!

Lightseed

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 28, 2013, 01:05:31 AM »
I support this thread :D

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 03, 2013, 08:18:32 PM »
From the BGG Mage Wars Forum, think that this would of been posted here first.....

Quote from: Patrick
Folks,

We are currently working on an "in-house" solution for the spell database and spellbook builder. In the meantime, we will continue to work closely with third party developers to get you the resources you need.

Sincerely,

Patrick Connor
 Communications Director, Arcane Wonders
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

isel

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 06, 2013, 03:56:48 AM »
I hope soon we´ll see a app, i prefer not online, that supports us to build new spell books, i have few time to play to this fantastic game, and many times i havent time to do a new spellbook and i prefer to play anothers games although i like this, and auto. exe would be fantastic or a program that not need install that i can use in my phone when i go to work in train or bus.

Pleasee!! Help us!!!

Koz

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 06, 2013, 11:26:09 AM »
Any word on what kind of timeframe Arcane Wonders is looking at regarding rolling this out?  This is a pretty essential tool so forgive us for being a bit rabid about wanting it released  :)