April 27, 2024, 06:38:57 PM

Author Topic: Paladin and Siren speculation  (Read 62021 times)

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
Re: Paladin and Siren speculation
« Reply #75 on: September 18, 2014, 12:06:43 PM »
I am sorry, i dont get that sentence...
Instead of a Persian vs. Greek it was a Turkish vs. Greek reference with both parties passionate that they are right....

• Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 18, 2014, 01:36:26 PM »
OH! :) thank you for your patience :)
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

Gregstrom

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 18, 2014, 06:15:01 PM »
The superfluous apostrophe had me confused... I was thinking "Bootle???"

KosmosAlive

• Mage Wars Enthusiast
  • Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • The universe abounds with life, without a doubt.
    • View Profile
    • The Adventures of Zea - Project Website (Under Construction)
« Reply #78 on: November 26, 2014, 06:38:38 PM »
I have an idea for the Paladin:

I think it would be awesome - and fitting by his illustration! - if he were able to cast Equipment spells on friendly Soldier creatures in his zone.

In the artwork he is shown carrying a helmet, as if he might lend it to one of his followers  ;D

--The Iron Legionnaire
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
-- Kosmos

BoomFrog

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 26, 2014, 06:52:10 PM »
Dissolve specifically targets mages so that would make the equipment indestructible which probably goes against the 'intuitive design' philosophy.

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 26, 2014, 07:21:38 PM »

Dissolve specifically targets mages so that would make the equipment indestructible which probably goes against the 'intuitive design' philosophy.

Maybe he has an ability that allows him to turn equipments into enchantments?

Still that could be powerful. I would imagine that their would have to be restrictions in place, like that you can not equip non-mage creatures with mage-class only equipments. And arguably that would go for (school) mage-only as well.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Mika

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 07, 2014, 04:26:47 PM »
No idea about the Siren, sure will be an exotic Mage, but not really interesant for me.
The Paladin, sounds a Holy school Warrior with Lvl 1 War school, and triple for Dark school.

But as a "Holy Player" I would like to find in the new 'PvS' expansion:

- A decent "Holy Attack Spell". Agree with that about we are "Defend players", but vs the Nigromantical "Idol of Pestilence", "Deathlock" or "Altar of Skulls" Conjurations & their Resilient Creatures, we need urgently an Attack of 4+ dices. "Pillar of Light" or "Blinding Flash", are simply useless.

- A "Holy Wall", something like "The Gates of Asyra" in order to made more tactical our battles, without need to pay 4 points (the cost of a wall of rock / steel wall) in our books. Really an Elf Mage can't cast an economical wall??

- A "Holly Armor". Value 1 hauberk to protect our Mages in a cheaper way.

Today we found
Nature school: Bearskin (1)
Holy school: --
Dark school: Demonhide Armor (2)
Mind school: --
War school: Harshforge Plate (2) *exclusive WL
Arcane school: well, Wizards have those options:
Fire school: Dragonscale Hauberk (1)
Wind school: Storm Drake Hide (1)
Wind school: Wind Wyvern Hide (1)
Water school: --
Earth school: --

So, please, think about this specially now, with the new Water & Holy Mages.

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 12:02:34 PM by Mika »
  • Favourite Mage: Sortilege Wizard

wtcannonjr

• Ambassador of Wychwood
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • WBC Mage Wars Tournament
« Reply #82 on: December 07, 2014, 07:22:27 PM »
I have an idea for the Paladin:

I think it would be awesome - and fitting by his illustration! - if he were able to cast Equipment spells on friendly Soldier creatures in his zone.

In the artwork he is shown carrying a helmet, as if he might lend it to one of his followers  ;D

--The Iron Legionnaire

Another idea for a Paladin ability:

Asyra's Malakai's Justice
All quick action melee attacks of the Paladin gain the Counterstrike and Piercing +1 trait.

When equipped with multiple quick attacks, such as, Spiked Buckler and Morning Star, this allows the Paladin to deliver counterstrike damage on par with the Forcemaster and Galvitar.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 05:40:13 AM by wtcannonjr »
"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced." - James Baldwin

Sailor Vulcan

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Paladin and Siren speculation
« Reply #83 on: December 07, 2014, 08:35:12 PM »
I thought the paladin would be of Malakai...don't remember why I thought that now
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 07, 2014, 08:39:33 PM »
Because the Paladin we met in OP Kit 2 was a follower of Malakai.

Mika

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 10, 2014, 07:58:34 AM »
This morning my Priestess has been totally defeated due a Warlock with 4 Poisoned Blood, 4 Ghoul Roots, 5 Agony, 2 Drain Life... Many and really hard "Dark Spells" agains useless / soft "Holy Spells". Thats the actual situation; lets play all Necromancers or 'bad guys'.

Think about the level 1 "Holy Armor" (+2 armor plus defense againts the Curses of the Warlock / Wizard / Necromancer) or not any chance to play against them.
"If the owner of this armor is the target of a Curse or a Dark Enchantment / Incantation, the caster must pay +2 mana."

Holy school need a full review. Not only hard nerfs with the Temples.

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 08:05:06 AM by Mika »

V10lentray

• Member of Arcane Duels
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 10, 2014, 08:55:00 AM »
This morning my Priestess has been totally defeated due a Warlock with 4 Poisoned Blood, 4 Ghoul Roots, 5 Agony, 2 Drain Life... Many and really hard "Dark Spells" agains useless / soft "Holy Spells". Thats the actual situation; lets play all Necromancers or 'bad guys'.

Just Sayin' [mwcard=MW1I21]Purge Magic[/mwcard]

Mika

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 10, 2014, 10:40:50 AM »
Yeah! And only for 6 points on my Book; Just removing 2 Guardian Angels,
and I will be safe... or better I will remove all my Angels and take a pair of "Purges".

Thats exactly what I'm asking; If Holy is a Defend school, provide "defend spells" at reasonable cost!

Why release 18 Mages if all we know that "solitaire play" with Warlock & Wizard is the best option?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 11:04:03 AM by Mika »

Sailor Vulcan

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 10, 2014, 11:53:35 AM »

Yeah! And only for 6 points on my Book; Just removing 2 Guardian Angels,
and I will be safe... or better I will remove all my Angels and take a pair of "Purges".

Thats exactly what I'm asking; If Holy is a Defend school, provide "defend spells" at reasonable cost!

Why release 18 Mages if all we know that "solitaire play" with Warlock & Wizard is the best option?

Because it's not? At least not in the sense you're describing. Some strategies are generally more advantaged than others, but having an advantage is not the same as trumping. If you're having a lot of trouble figuring out how to beat mage A with mage B, that doesn't mean mage A is broken. There are already a lot of threads on this forum along the lines of "how to beat mage x" and I'm pretty sure that solo warlock and wizard (blasting banker?) are included.

Anyways, what do you think the Siren's training will be? I'm still thinking she's got to be trained in mind rather than dark considering that it's been said that she'll have a lot of mind-control(ish) spells.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 10, 2014, 12:07:31 PM »

Think about the level 1 "Holy Armor" (+2 armor plus defense againts the Curses of the Warlock / Wizard / Necromancer) or not any chance to play against them.
"If the owner of this armor is the target of a Curse or a Dark Enchantment / Incantation, the caster must pay +2 mana."

Holy school need a full review. Not only hard nerfs with the Temples.

Thanks in advance.
15 Enchantments on your mage? You can only have one of each type of Enchantment one your mage at the same time. [mwcard=MW1I08]Drain Life[/mwcard] costs 12 Mana for 5 Dice and [mwcard=MW1I17]Minor Heal[/mwcard] only costs 5 so Dispel the [mwcard=MW1E31]Poisoned Blood[/mwcard] and Minor Hear for a total of 10 Mana vs. his 17 Mana spent.

Go meta against this book. Pack a bunch of Dispels, Seeking Dispels, Dissolves, and Reverse Magic's. Bring out a couple of Bigs with good timing like [mwcard=MW1C06]Brogan Bloodstone[/mwcard] and [mwcard=MW1C31]Samandriel, Angel of Light[/mwcard] and for fun bring along a couple of Wands and put a throw away spell (Minor Heal) on it to bait out a Dissolve. Live with the curses other than Poisoned Blood(it goes immediately) put on a [mwcard=MW1Q23]Regrowth Belt[/mwcard]. Keep your creatures on him I bet you it will not take long for him to get out of Cursing range. When you get a good amount of Damage on him face down a Reverse Magic on yourself (if you have time a [mwcard=MWSTX1CKE04]Enchantment Transfusion[/mwcard] will let you shift it to a different creature targeted by the Drain Life even).

Just some thoughts......
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest