April 27, 2024, 11:29:36 PM

Author Topic: Paladin and Siren speculation  (Read 62022 times)

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Re: Paladin and Siren speculation
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2014, 01:41:28 AM »
Well, there is still possibility that he can be Level 2 war and Level 2 holy school educated. Thus level 3 and more WAR/HOLY mage only will not be applicable on him. Same restriction as Druid have on water school.

Just speculating. :)
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

Ganpot

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2014, 10:57:31 AM »
Well, there is still possibility that he can be Level 2 war and Level 2 holy school educated. Thus level 3 and more WAR/HOLY mage only will not be applicable on him. Same restriction as Druid have on water school.

Just speculating. :)

I could potentially see that on one school, but not both.  They wouldn't be able to give him any powerful exclusive cards if that was the case. 

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2014, 11:14:34 AM »
I will speculate more into distant future. If this paladin will belong to Order/Cult of Malakai - archangel of holy fire, what will be his alternating mage. Also some "Holy Fire" stuff was already installed onto Priest and i am wondering what should paladin of malakai possibly do. Does paladins of asyra exists? Followers of asyra are mostly healers, not warriors.

I hope that alternate paladin will not be a women. Im my language, we use some grammar heavy rules when comes to a job performed by lady or by a man. As Warlock could be male/female in english, in my language it would be Warlock and Warlockerin, Wizard and Wizardess... i hope you get my point. Some savage paladin from blood wave could be cool but i dont know, how to explain his holy school :)

I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2014, 11:17:23 AM »
I will speculate more into distant future. If this paladin will belong to Order/Cult of Malakai - archangel of holy fire, what will be his alternating mage. Also some "Holy Fire" stuff was already installed onto Priest and i am wondering what should paladin of malakai possibly do. Does paladins of asyra exists? Followers of asyra are mostly healers, not warriors.

I hope that alternate paladin will not be a women. Im my language, we use some grammar heavy rules when comes to a job performed by lady or by a man. As Warlock could be male/female in english, in my language it would be Warlock and Warlockerin, Wizard and Wizardess... i hope you get my point. Some savage paladin from blood wave could be cool but i dont know, how to explain his holy school :)

Asyra isn't the only holy God(dess). Several others have already been mentioned on cards. Asyra is the most powerful of the holy deities, but she still has help. So there are lots of options for Paladins.

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
  • www.magewars.weebly.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2014, 11:35:03 AM »
Asyra isn't the only holy God(dess). Several others have already been mentioned on cards. Asyra is the most powerful of the holy deities, but she still has help. So there are lots of options for Paladins.

Malakai: The warrior deity, as we already know.
Bim-Shalla: Is this one too? Seems like it would be.

Don't recall any others, but don't want to sift through all my cards looking for mentions of them either... too lazy
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
Visit my Mage Wars blog at www.magewars.weebly.com, also check me out on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MageWarsBlog and on twitter at @MageWarsBlog

Ganpot

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2014, 12:04:06 PM »
Bim-Shalla: Is this one too? Seems like it would be.
Bim-Shalla is definitely another deity. 

I looked through all the holy cards, but the only other person mentioned was the Dawnbreaker (who I assume is either Malakai or Asyra). 

And yet, Laddinfance stated that there were several more holy deities mentioned....  Maybe they are only featured on non-holy cards.  Or maybe the Dawnbreaker is actually a separate deity. 

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2014, 12:09:14 PM »
I just checked them all and i must say that i bet my mother-in-law life on that dawnbreaker is that another diety. Dawnbreaker ring is offensivly used and that also contribute to this theory.

Maverick

• Ambassador - Twin Cities MN
  • Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • I got a fever, and the only cure is Mage Wars!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2014, 07:36:40 PM »
Isn't Talos a deity? Also on the Alter of Carnage they mention another deity that is fighting Akiro in an eternal struggle. Could be a viable candidate for a "good" war deity. Name escapes me though.
Easy, guys.. I put my pants on just like the rest of you -- one leg at a time. Except, once my pants are on, I win Mage Wars!

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2014, 12:31:46 AM »

Malakai is the Archangel of Holy Fire who is a worshiper of, and who has fallen out of favor of Asyra, The Divine Mother. Hers is the way of Peace, and for him, lies the way of war.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2014, 12:55:13 AM »
Lord Bellicar is fighting Akiro on the Alter of Carnage. In the fiction that comes with the OP kits you read the story of Malakai coming before Asyra and falling out of favor with her. He's the leader of her arch-angels but I could see him being elevated to godhood with enough followers. The Church of Asyra is split in two by Malakai falling out of favor.

I strong predict we'll see Malakai appear in this expansion. Another powerful creature which isn't quite deity level as far as I can tell would be the Bog Queen the Necromancer serves.

I'm really hoping the Paladin isn't Holy/War. I'd vastly prefer him to either just be Holy or maybe Holy/Air.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

Maverick

• Ambassador - Twin Cities MN
  • Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • I got a fever, and the only cure is Mage Wars!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2014, 02:43:22 AM »
Main reason I think he will be holy/war is the sheer number of holy soldiers. I suppose he could be holy and merely have an effect that synergies with soldier creatures. Hmm...
Easy, guys.. I put my pants on just like the rest of you -- one leg at a time. Except, once my pants are on, I win Mage Wars!

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Paladin and Siren speculation
« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2014, 07:54:54 AM »
He's a paladin. He's got to he trained in holy/war, it's the only training that makes sense thematically. I really don't see a problem with him being trained in two major schools. If a mage is designed stronger in one way it will be weaker in another. Training isn't the end all be all of balance. We've already seen that the straywood beastmaster is perfectly capable of holding his own against the wizard of Sortilege, and the wizard is fully trained in two schools while the beastmaster is only trained in one. Meanwhile, the Druid is trained in two schools but only has level 1 training in the second school. In other words, a mage with more training isn't always better, perhaps because there are other aspects of their ability cards that balance out their training?

Also, let's not forget that the Sorcerer is going to be arcane/dark, according to one of the recent let's level up podcasts.

I would also like to point out that if mages could not be trained in more than one major school, the number of possible mages would become quite limited. If every mage could only be trained in one major school and sometimes one minor school, and if for each training there were two mages, one original and one alternate, then there would basically be a maximum limit of 48 mages [6 major schools * 4 minor schools * (1 original mage + 1 alternate)]. Unless you started having different mages that aren't alternates of each other with the same or extremely similar training.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 08:07:45 AM by Imaginator »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2014, 08:23:36 AM »
Isn't Talos a deity? Also on the Alter of Carnage they mention another deity that is fighting Akiro in an eternal struggle. Could be a viable candidate for a "good" war deity. Name escapes me though.

Talos is an avatar for the Gods of war.

Lord Bellicar is fighting Akiro on Altar of Carnage. They are the gods of war, though they're more "neutral".

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2014, 11:29:59 AM »
Talos is a statue from greek mythology.

In history, there are two types of generals. One who support his troops from behind, calculating great schemes and creating deadly formations (Lord Belikar) and generals which are in front of their troops and inspire them at the spot (Akiro).

If you see film Brave Hearth, Mel Gibson is Akiro, that evil somewhat cool English king is Belikar.

I would really liek to see whole pantheon of Etheria. Is there a underworld diety?... i really need to have a match right now :)

BoomFrog

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2014, 03:04:01 PM »
My guess is terrain will be indestructible and permanent once played and will change up the flow of the game quite dramatically. That's why it needed more play testing.

Sharks will be restricted to water terrains only and will have a quick bite that causes bleed and a full attack with double strike (and more bleed) that is only usable against targets that are bleeding. Shark pits will be a thing.