April 27, 2024, 05:59:15 PM

Author Topic: Paladin and Siren speculation  (Read 62020 times)

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Paladin and Siren speculation
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2014, 02:34:33 PM »
Paladin & Siren.. Hmm... I know what I want.

Sharks with frickin' Temples of Light attached to their heads.

It has to be in this set. It just has to be.

Something like this?

« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 02:37:28 PM by Shad0w »
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

ozmo

• Playtester
  • Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2014, 02:43:16 PM »
Paladin & Siren.. Hmm... I know what I want.

Sharks with frickin' Temples of Light attached to their heads.

It has to be in this set. It just has to be.

Something like this?

Exactly!

MrSaucy

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2014, 09:54:24 PM »
I want both the Paladin and Siren to be centered around creatures. I would like to see more soldiers with anti-dark themes and I think having a lot of sea creatures to choose from could be sweet. I'm gonna lock in my guess and say that Siren will be trained in water and psychic spells. That would make the most sense to me. Maybe she would have a built-in psychic spell as a special ability?

"See you space cowboy..."

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2014, 03:48:40 AM »
Creature oriented mages are fine by me but my guess is, that paladin will be solo mage.

What bothers me a little, is a creature pool for some mages. For me, it is sufficient but for some players, they want a bigger pool of creatures which they can choose from. Druid and her plants for example. There could be arround 8 fish creatures for Siren and that is it. In future updates and expansions, it is less likely, that more of water creatures with fish subtype will be published. (in a same way for druid). Yea, there could be analternate male Siren with more fish creatures but that would not be under 12 months :)

As i stated, i am fine with current situation, but some players could be... impatient? :)
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2014, 01:53:59 AM »
We have been working on some of these ideas for months
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Myrddin

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2014, 05:35:46 AM »
I want both the Paladin and Siren to be centered around creatures. I would like to see more soldiers with anti-dark themes and I think having a lot of sea creatures to choose from could be sweet. I'm gonna lock in my guess and say that Siren will be trained in water and psychic spells. That would make the most sense to me. Maybe she would have a built-in psychic spell as a special ability?
Given the name Siren you think she should: the strictest interpretation would be some sort of Taunt effect that forced creatures to approach her. But something that allowed her to daze creatures as a quick action by paying their Level or somesuch could work too.

Marhem

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2014, 09:58:14 PM »
"I suspect that PvS will introduce frost (finally) and dramatically increase the psychic component of the mind school. I'm hoping it adds terrain conjurations. I've been wondering about those since someone mentioned that they won't be included in FiF."

I doubt they're adding frost, or major amounts. I think that is something entirely In itself.

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2014, 06:03:51 AM »
There is a very great possibility that terrain cards will be in PvS because Siren will primarly work with them. But i am not so sure about frost. I know it could fit into water school of Siren but i have a feeling that there is a ice mage out there, living in tundras and having a polar bear as his best friend.

I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2014, 07:59:39 AM »

There is a very great possibility that terrain cards will be in PvS because Siren will primarly work with them. But i am not so sure about frost. I know it could fit into water school of Siren but i have a feeling that there is a ice mage out there, living in tundras and having a polar bear as his best friend.

I agree with Boocheck. Neither the Wikipedia  page for Siren nor google searches turn up any link between Sirens and frost/ice.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Wildhorn

• Superior artificial brain, feel free to call me Blaine.
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2014, 11:12:09 AM »
Personally I associate Paladin with Frost, thanks to Dwarves of WoW.

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2014, 02:53:24 AM »
If spiked armor will be Paladins working outfit (will be included in PvS), it would be cool if he would be able work with lightning (gods wrath). In some kind of mechanism (if hit by lightning, redirect half of dealt damage to non-living target in your zone etc.).

If you read a bloodwave story about Siegfried the paladin of Malakai it force me to claim that he will definetly be a Holy school. He than can be educated in War school which makes sense thematicaly and we didnt see a mage educated in more than two schools (yet :) ) I wouldnt expect any frost this christmass :)

Also, frost could belong to Air school and thus introduced by Wizard lady as it seems, she will uses gases and wind attacks (owl as familiar = wind).

Look at me, theory crafting during my work... i was never hooked on something this way ever before :) AW create trully something special :)

Myrddin

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2014, 05:02:48 AM »
If spiked armor will be Paladins working outfit (will be included in PvS), it would be cool if he would be able work with lightning (gods wrath). In some kind of mechanism (if hit by lightning, redirect half of dealt damage to non-living target in your zone etc.).

If you read a bloodwave story about Siegfried the paladin of Malakai it force me to claim that he will definetly be a Holy school. He than can be educated in War school which makes sense thematicaly and we didnt see a mage educated in more than two schools (yet :) ) I wouldnt expect any frost this christmass :)

Also, frost could belong to Air school and thus introduced by Wizard lady as it seems, she will uses gases and wind attacks (owl as familiar = wind).

Look at me, theory crafting during my work... i was never hooked on something this way ever before :) AW create trully something special :)
I really hope we do get frost for Christmas: my beastmaster's been wearing a bearskin for years now, and 4 expansions later it's still not doing him that much good. Plus the grizzly bear clearly needs a boost to be worth playing...  :P

Frost can definitely be either water or air: maybe a bit of both! But at the moment water only has 'utility' attack spells, nothing equivalent to fire/lightning/rocks...

Like the idea of an owl familiar, though interesting to see how it would differ from raven...

Marhem

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2014, 06:53:01 AM »

Exactly!!!!! (And hopefully)

Maverick

• Ambassador - Twin Cities MN
  • Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • I got a fever, and the only cure is Mage Wars!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2014, 09:10:40 PM »
In Mage Wars Mondays Episode #8 Bryan Pope spoils the Sorcerer which will use two main schools (Arcane and Dark). So going off of this here are my predictions. Some may be repeats of other peoples predictions I did not read the whole thread so sorry if their is redundency.

The Paladin will be Holy/War. I do not know if he will have level restrictions to either but it would not surprise me if he does not get a spell discount on the higher level spells of either. Maybe he can only prepare the first 2 or 3 levels without doubling spellbook cost? I think he will be a defensive enchantment heavy mage as culturally that is what Paladins represent in fantasy now and Mage Wars likes to stick to stereotypes of the mage archtypes. He will probably get a horse that gives him the fast and maybe charge trait somehow.

The Siren is definitley going to have the Water school and Mind school. It would not surprise me if she gets to choose between air or lightning as well given the whole storm theme that comes with aquatic archetypes. She will probably have spellbook restrictions for higher level spells as well only being able to prepare level 2 or 3 spells without the doubled spellbook cost. She will probably have a flood mechanic similar to the druids vine mechanic. I also think she will have "water bound" creatures that are massive and powerful for the mana cost but will be restricted to her "flooded" zones. This would fit well with her ability to draw creatures to her with some kind of taunt like song ability they will give her.

I think the trend started by the druid with the water school is going to carry on in future mages. Multiple schools with reduced spellbook building in those schools. We have all the "Single school" mages so now they will start putting out "Hybrids" like the Bard or what have you.
Easy, guys.. I put my pants on just like the rest of you -- one leg at a time. Except, once my pants are on, I win Mage Wars!

Cnoedel

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2014, 08:02:48 PM »
If the Siren will be focussed mainly on Water she'd be the first major-elemental Mage ever.  This might change the meta pretty much and add a new flavor for the waterwizard, because there will be much more water spells - I am very excited about the Expasion! Mind will be her second school i guess, just as you mentioned.

And the Paladin would be the first to be trained in two schools of magic! All other Mages are elemental hybrids and he'd go straight to holy and war.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 08:05:20 PM by Cnoedel »
"I close my eyes and seize it
 I clench my fists and beat it
 I light my torch and burn it
 I am the beast I worship..."

DTHGRPSBWR

http://absurdurbannihilist.tumblr.com/
my blog.