April 24, 2024, 07:07:27 PM

Author Topic: Forged In Fire  (Read 380794 times)

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
Re: Forged In Fire
« Reply #285 on: June 01, 2014, 11:35:51 AM »
I see it as providing some much needed relief against Fire. The Raincloud only has 5 Ethereal life so with the right tool set shouldn't be to over powering.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Dr.Cornelius

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: June 01, 2014, 03:14:30 PM »
[mwcard=DNI04] Renewing Rain[/mwcard] and Raincloud are highly situational and likely to only appear in Druid books.    The Adramelech Warlock has a built-in advantage against the Druid, so the rain cards just even things up.

On the other hand, [mwcard=MW1Q07] Elemental Cloak[/mwcard] and [mwcard=MW1Q06] Dragonscale Hauberk[/mwcard] are generally useful, already appear in many books, and are highly effective.  In order to be successful, Adramelech Warlock will need to find a way to consistently and efficiently deal with them.

Wildhorn

• Superior artificial brain, feel free to call me Blaine.
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #287 on: June 01, 2014, 06:05:23 PM »
Regenerate does not stack, as Raincloud provides the Regenerate 1 trait vs. a trait with +1 which would stack.

I am not understanding why you think this spell is broken....

i believe its very strong give to the vine tree a flame -2, because you avoid see how a warlock throw in the second turn 2 fireball against your vine tree that throw 20 dice, renew rain its not bad spell but i believe its very situational for a lvl 3 spell for 9 mana. for burns i prefer a geyser for 4 mana and lv 1, if you havent burns you can use for daze your opponents, its more efficient, i used a druid with a wand and geyser on it and was very efficient.

it´s only my opinion, and i believe this opinion dont would disturb anyone.

If opponenent use 18 mana and a whole turn to take down your tree, you just got ahead of him. And 2 fireball would be 18 dice, not 20.

Also, Renewing Rain affect all your creature in the arena and heal them too. Geyser affect 1 creature.

Aylin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: June 01, 2014, 09:01:18 PM »
An extended Wall in front of the tree would also shut down the 2x Fireball attack, effectively wasting your opponent's turn.

Plus if the attack failed to kill the tree it'll be back up to full in a few rounds (with a wall in front of it to protect it for a while), and you'd be out 16 mana.

Overall it's not a great strategy.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: June 01, 2014, 10:30:30 PM »
Regenerate does not stack, as Raincloud provides the Regenerate 1 trait vs. a trait with +1 which would stack.

I am not understanding why you think this spell is broken....

i believe its very strong give to the vine tree a flame -2, because you avoid see how a warlock throw in the second turn 2 fireball against your vine tree that throw 20 dice, renew rain its not bad spell but i believe its very situational for a lvl 3 spell for 9 mana. for burns i prefer a geyser for 4 mana and lv 1, if you havent burns you can use for daze your opponents, its more efficient, i used a druid with a wand and geyser on it and was very efficient.

it´s only my opinion, and i believe this opinion dont would disturb anyone.

If opponenent use 18 mana and a whole turn to take down your tree, you just got ahead of him. And 2 fireball would be 18 dice, not 20.

Also, Renewing Rain affect all your creature in the arena and heal them too. Geyser affect 1 creature.
I think he is including the Fireshaper Ring in his calculations.....

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: June 01, 2014, 10:34:28 PM »
An extended Wall in front of the tree would also shut down the 2x Fireball attack, effectively wasting your opponent's turn.

Plus if the attack failed to kill the tree it'll be back up to full in a few rounds (with a wall in front of it to protect it for a while), and you'd be out 16 mana.

Don't forget the Burns on the Tree and the Wildfire Imp..........the Druid will not like the tool box of the new Warlock....

If the 2byFireball is successful and the tree is burnt down early, I find that most of the time the Druid is really at a disadvantage and will Fall quite easily......

Wildhorn

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #291 on: June 02, 2014, 08:48:04 AM »

Don't forget the Burns on the Tree and the Wildfire Imp..........the Druid will not like the tool box of the new Warlock....

If the 2byFireball is successful and the tree is burnt down early, I find that most of the time the Druid is really at a disadvantage and will Fall quite easily......

Then include a 2nd vine tree in your spellbook. Your opponent will have spent more mana than you and wasted 2 finisher spells. You will be in great position.
Yes druid has an harder time vs warlock, but damn its creature has regeneration for that. Fire kill them more easily, but if you do not kill them in one shot, they come back at full fast.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: June 02, 2014, 08:55:06 AM »

Then include a 2nd vine tree in your spellbook. Your opponent will have spent more mana than you and wasted 2 finisher spells. You will be in great position.
Yes druid has an harder time vs warlock, but damn its creature has regeneration for that. Fire kill them more easily, but if you do not kill them in one shot, they come back at full fast.

By no means am I arguing that the Druid is sub-par, in my experience she is, when well played, very close to the Wizards equal, however, once you start doubling up on spells like this you start reducing her utility ability and Treebond is lost with the first tree and with it the Lifebond +2, the Innate Life +4 and the Channeling +1. This was the handicap I was talking about.

** Update, don't know what I did, but I fixed the formatting....
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 10:04:38 AM by sIKE »

Wildhorn

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #293 on: June 02, 2014, 08:59:58 AM »
Dirt Walls will be the best friend of the druid then.

Bluebaron

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: June 02, 2014, 09:02:36 AM »
Treebond will be out of game and cannot be used for the second vine tree.

Aylin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: June 02, 2014, 09:13:32 AM »

The burns aren't likely to kill the tree, since you can regenerate it and transfer 2 damage to your mage before taking the Burn damage.

My point is that it's an easily countered strategy (throw up any wall that blocks LoS, cast an Intercept creature turn 1, etc.) that puts you in a horrible position if it doesn't work. It's effective if it works, though I think the risk of failure is too high.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: June 02, 2014, 10:09:58 AM »

The burns aren't likely to kill the tree, since you can regenerate it and transfer 2 damage to your mage before taking the Burn damage.

My point is that it's an easily countered strategy (throw up any wall that blocks LoS, cast an Intercept creature turn 1, etc.) that puts you in a horrible position if it doesn't work. It's effective if it works, though I think the risk of failure is too high.

We can do oh yeah and then I will do this all day long. Yes it is very wise for the Druid to take into consideration Flame attacks but once you start doing these items you are really taking the Druid from being offensive early to being defensive early, which in a Flame heavy book will not be to her advantage.

(Just thought of this) - Rolling Fog and a Wand with Flameblast attached will be quite nasty....

lettucemode

« Reply #297 on: June 02, 2014, 11:42:06 AM »
[mwcard=DNJ12]Vine Tree[/mwcard] is Epic so you can't have two in your spellbook.

Also correct me if I am wrong but I believe walling off your Vine Tree would mean that it can no longer cast spells using the Vine markers since there is no longer LoS between them, so that seems like pretty bad advice to me.

Wildhorn

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #298 on: June 02, 2014, 11:44:04 AM »
[mwcard=DNJ12]Vine Tree[/mwcard] is Epic so you can't have two in your spellbook.

Also correct me if I am wrong but I believe walling off your Vine Tree would mean that it can no longer cast spells using the Vine markers since there is no longer LoS between them, so that seems like pretty bad advice to me.

All correct... then get Togorath out!

lil_drag_n

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: June 02, 2014, 07:55:30 PM »
U can use bloodspine walls which don't block LOS and then your can't wall off your tree.
Jedi vs that orc guy from L of the R, wow what a mix,... i wonder if AW would consider Dhalsim a mage.