April 27, 2024, 01:35:41 PM

Author Topic: So ummm...anyone else notice the Warlord is getting a tank?  (Read 22424 times)

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
So ummm...anyone else notice the Warlord is getting a tank?
« on: March 01, 2014, 12:51:38 AM »
I was on the Mage Wars FB and I read their latest news sheet and I couldn't help but notice at the top A FRIGGIN TANK! What's more it looks like a super pimped out dwarf ubber tank!

Yup I'd say the balance is gonna swing very positively for the War School hehehehe. Voltaric Shields can't stand up against some heavy caliber artillery 8)

http://us5.campaign-archive2.com/?u=9da956a569c65d5b054e80642&id=c3048514e0
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

Kharhaz

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
Re: So ummm...anyone else notice the Warlord is getting a tank?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 01:14:29 AM »
The door pops open and a battalion of T-1000 come out with Phased plasma rifles in the 40-watt range.

::)

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 01:25:43 AM »
Hehehe now watch the tank be Wizard Only lol
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2014, 01:36:22 AM »
That would ironic
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2014, 01:40:45 AM »
"Ok Thorg I see they got a hydra, some gorgons, and one of those funny leech things. Hmmmm.....just have the tank drive over them a few times and that should do it."

Yup there you have it folks I've just accurately described the next great strategy:)

Aylin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2014, 04:41:10 AM »
That would ironic

I think it would be more ironic if it was "Druid Only".

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2014, 11:12:40 AM »
Tank... nonliving, high armor, acid weakness. Load Tokens. I  hope not lightning -2 or something like that.

"You see soldiers of Westlock. I see little lightning rods." - Did anyone heard about Faradays Cage? :) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faraday_cage
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

ACG

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2014, 12:50:00 PM »
Tank... nonliving, high armor, acid weakness. Load Tokens. I  hope not lightning -2 or something like that.

"You see soldiers of Westlock. I see little lightning rods." - Did anyone heard about Faradays Cage? :) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faraday_cage

Yes, this is one of my biggest pet peeves about the game, theme wise. Metal objects should have Lightning +X (or immunity) if anything, not -X; a conductor is much less vulnerable to electricity than a resistor. I also see no reason for plants to have hydro immunity.

Artemus Maximus

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2014, 02:16:26 PM »

Yes, this is one of my biggest pet peeves about the game, theme wise. Metal objects should have Lightning +X (or immunity) if anything, not -X; a conductor is much less vulnerable to electricity than a resistor. I also see no reason for plants to have hydro immunity.

Same here! My delicate flowers are immune to your tsunami-like surging wave! Ha!

if the tank will have a size-related rule, like squishing non-fliers upon movement w/ critical damage, that would be interesting... Watch out necromancer

krj

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2014, 02:17:31 PM »
i've also noticed that, but i'm sceptical about it. don't much like that idea, but maybe i will change my opinion when i see the expansion.
tank is not a creature...

Artemus Maximus

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2014, 02:27:50 PM »
Maybe conjuration type fits better than creature,  although you could argue that youre summoning the creature(s) inside the tank,  which is merely an extension of a creature's armor.  Either way, it would be lame if it didn't move imo...I can't imagine AW would make it stationary. So if conjuration, would be the first moving conjuration?

Another possibility is that it turns out to be like the fabled box-cover Griffin lol
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 02:29:34 PM by Artemus Maximus »

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2014, 02:51:51 PM »
That reminds me of "not yet" revealed orc archer from FM vs. WL expansion :)
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2014, 03:24:22 PM »
It's got treads and spiky parts on the side so I assume it moves. I see it be a non-living creature actually.

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2014, 03:36:05 PM »
I am not very familiar with Faraday Cages. However, sticking a fork in a light socket does not seem safer to me than sticking my finger in one. Perhaps purely metallic objects would take less damage from lightning, but the knights are still fleshy underneath all of that armor. It seems to me that the effect of the armor would be to distribute the charge equally across their entire body. This means that instead of having a singed arm, you are now singed from head to toe.

It doesn't magnify the damage. Nor does it reduce the damage. What it does do is distribute the damage to your entire body. That seems like a Lightning +X trait to me.

I also agree that the tank sounds more like a conjuration than a creature. However, it should definitely be mobile. Perhaps you attach it to a creature (like Tanglevine) who then uses it's action marker to drive the tank.

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2014, 03:40:36 PM »
My goodness Zuberi attaching the tank to a creature to pull around? We finally found a use for Psylok!