April 27, 2024, 01:33:12 PM

Author Topic: Here's to you.  (Read 2881 times)

The Dude

• Hitchhiker of sorts
  • Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
  • It's like... good gracious...bodacious.
    • View Profile
Here's to you.
« on: December 06, 2013, 06:12:51 PM »
Hey guys! So, you may, or may not, know you I am. I have been with this game for a while, and I love every single aspect of it. From the mechanics, to the player base, there is absolutely nothing about Mage Wars I don't like (except the Battle Fury thing, but hey! it's not that bad). So, when I perform less than average, or I don't treat people, especially the people I love and care about, with enough respect, It really gets to me. Which brings me to what I wanted to talk about with you all today.

Yesterday I posted in a thread entitled: New Initiative rules and you. The topic started as a discussion on a subtle but important change to the Mage Wars core rulebook. This prompted another discussion about declaring your school as a wizard, which was still incredibly interesting. I did not make it seem so with my post. Here is a link for those of you who want to read these terribly unbecoming words: http://forum.arcanewonders.com/index.php?topic=13333.msg26749#msg26749. And it's all by me. I singlehandedly ruined what I love most by involving outside anger to discussion that was not even mine to begin with. I was angry (not with you folks, with a personal problem), and I let loose hurtful words to people I really do love and care deeply about. I may not know your real names, or know what you do for a living, but I do know your love for the game, and it's a love I can definitely respect, which is exactly what I didn't do in that thread.

So I want to apologize to all of you for the shame that I brought upon myself with those words. I did act with respect, or kindness, and for that I apologize. To all of you who I offended, Baron Zaltor, Kharhaz, aquestrion, sIKE, ringkichard, AylinisAwesome, as well as Deckbuilder. You all have had nothing but good things to say in the past, and I truly do apologize for my words. My mom once told me that they were the only real thing a person had, so for me to give you such a rotten gift is in no way respectful. I consider you all my peers, my equals, my friends. And for me to sink that low just rerail a discussion is just plain wrong. There are no two ways about it. There is one user that I did not mention in the previous list, and that guy, or gal, is Zuberi. My reply to your response was not only uncalled for, it was completely lacking in respect. I hate when people talk to me like I did to you, so for me to do that same thing is intolerable, and I sincerely apologize. You all deserve much more than what I had to offer with those responses.

So, where can I go from here? I do not deserve forgiveness at all for what I have said, and I completely respect those of you who decide that I am not worth the time of day. I am by no means a perfect soul, nor do I want to be. But I do want to show you all that I do care about you, and about this game. I am young, and very prone to mistakes, but I will try my hardest in the future to disrespect any of you in the slightest.

I hope you can forgive me for my anger, and I can only hope to meet, talk with, and even play some Mage Wars with, in the Future.

Here's to you

"The Dude"
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 01:14:53 AM by The Dude »
  • Favourite Mage: Johktari Beastmaster
Always carry a towel...

DeckBuilder

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Re: Here's to you.
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 06:26:39 PM »
Oh, just a storm in a teacup, Dude. We all love you, man.

I got a "first and last warning" for my Golem Pit thread from Patrick (Shad0w and Koz who actually did the name-calling were cool about it)

Everyone has a bad day and it somehow makes you more "human" that you shed your calm "sensei" persona! :)

Please post more enlightening stuff.
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye. And then it's just fun.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 06:39:51 PM »
Padawan,

I have know you for a good while and have met you IRL. Passion sometimes makes you a fool, I have done it and all of us adults have done it at one point or another. You apology is accepted by me though I see no need. Please cease the self-flagellation now and beat up on an opposing mage.

• Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Aylin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 07:24:06 PM »
No harm done.

tarkin84

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2013, 06:16:20 AM »
Great words, dude! Its awesome that people still care of what they write on the Internet. I really hope to read one of those long and interesting articles from you again soon!
My Mage Wars blog (in Spanish): www.gatetovoltari.blogspot.com

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2013, 06:32:50 AM »
Everybody makes mistakes. Not everybody recognizes or admits when they make them though. I appreciate you taking the effort to write out an apology. That really shows your character more so than the slip of emotion that prompted it. I can tell you are a stand up guy and you have most definitely been a pillar of the community for a long time. There are no hard feelings from me and I consider the incident to be behind us. Water under the bridge. I hope you don't fret over it any longer.

cymyn

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2013, 11:57:35 AM »
This is not Nam. This is Mage Wars, and there are rules.

Your apology (if one was necessary -- I didn't read the offending post) is accepted. If I had a nickel for every time I lashed out at strangers on the internet, I'd have a few bucks in my pocket with which to purchase Mage Wars accessories.