March 28, 2024, 03:58:15 PM

Author Topic: Mage Wars tournament December 14th Toledo OH!  (Read 3361 times)

Adkin1233

• Playtester
  • New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Mage Wars tournament December 14th Toledo OH!
« on: December 02, 2013, 11:30:27 AM »
Tourney will be held December 14th at The Game Room 3001 Sylvania Ave. Toledo OH. Starts @12:00pm, the store opens at 11. Number of rounds will be determined by number of players. Also if you have a core set then please bring it because the  number of participants will be limited to how many sets are available. ( I have 3 sets, enough for 6 players) please bring your own spell books. I have some promos to give out from my personal stash including some of the alternate artwork mages. I look forward to seeing you there!

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Wars tournament December 14th Toledo OH!
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 11:43:01 AM »
I will not be able to attend, but I figured I might spit out some questions that I'm sure people will want to know the answer to:

1) What sets are legal in this tournament? (This includes whether or not Promo cards are legal in your tournament)
2) How long will Rounds be?
3) What tie breaking method will be used?
4) Do participants need to show up early for any kind of registration?

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 03:07:57 PM »
I may just swing on by. It is only a 2 hour drive for me.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Adkin1233

• Playtester
  • New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2013, 07:24:24 PM »
Ok, sorry I didn't respond earlier. All I had was my phone and that was a bit of a pain to type on. Ok as for the rules clarification.

1) All current expansions will be legal. Promo cards are not legal unless they have been printed in a current set.

2) Rounds will be 75 mins.

3) The tie breaker will be the mage that took the most total damage in the battle is the loser.

4) Please try to show up a little early but if you show up right at 12 or a few mins late then I will do my best to make it work.

Shadow you are most welcome and I would really like to see you there. We are a newish group and a budding mage wars community. To see a veteran/mage wars guru show up I think would be a great experience for my players.

Also just to clarify, I have a good handful of the 2013 promos to give out as prizes including a full set of the alt. artwork, core set mages that will go to the winner!

Ron