March 28, 2024, 12:49:22 PM

Author Topic: Feature requests  (Read 33297 times)

pixelgeek

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
Feature requests
« on: November 10, 2013, 06:59:06 PM »
Please use this thread to post feature requests for the Mage Wars online Spellbook Builder.

Before you post please read through the thread to make sure that your suggestion hasn't been posted already.

Only use this thread to post suggestions. If you want to discuss one please post a new thread.
  • Favourite Mage: Adramelech Warlock
Arcane Wonders Web Guy
Problem with the forums or website?

Send me a PM

Words to live by: I commit strongly to defending my wand.   Precisely so that I don't lose it.

jacksmack

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
Re: Feature requests
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 10:54:48 PM »
I would Love to see a way to use this from different devices without having access to the .sbb file(s).

pixelgeek

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2013, 11:58:05 PM »
It is in the plans but testing local storage is a lot of work  ;) I also need to get an Android tablet to test on before I do that
Arcane Wonders Web Guy

Send me a PM

Words to live by: I commit strongly to defending my wand.   Precisely so that I don't lose it.

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 04:35:16 PM »
Minor quibble. You can take it or leave it, really. However, I think the Search by Type field should be a drop down list instead of a text box. That would be my first choice. My second choice would be to have the full wording of the Type for each spell. I don't really like the abbreviations. But that's just my opinion and doesn't really affect the functionality too much.

Wildhorn

• Superior artificial brain, feel free to call me Blaine.
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013, 09:21:07 PM »
Minor quibble. You can take it or leave it, really. However, I think the Search by Type field should be a drop down list instead of a text box. That would be my first choice. My second choice would be to have the full wording of the Type for each spell. I don't really like the abbreviations. But that's just my opinion and doesn't really affect the functionality too much.

I totally agree with this.

Wildhorn

• Superior artificial brain, feel free to call me Blaine.
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2013, 09:30:44 PM »
Add "+" button next to the "-" in our spellbook so we do not have to search in the big list just to add another copy of a card already in the spellbook.

Moonglow

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2013, 10:24:58 PM »
Not sure if its a feature request, existing feature, known issue or bug, but the card images come up over the page dialogue.  They also persist if another card is selected and need to be actively deselected to be closed. 

As they don't seem movable, having persisting images seems redundant.  It would seem cool if they could be moved to the side so I could have a few cards open to compare effect etc.  In which case, as I'd probably have scrolled from the card title, being able to close the image by clicking on it somewhere would be nice. 

Also wondered if the default card sets included should flag off the mage selected (i.e. if I select Warlord, then FM vs W seems a useful default spell set to include). 

RavenEyeFlash

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2013, 02:50:33 PM »
On this same note, maybe an 'X' in the corner of the card when it pops up so that it can be easily closed without having to click on the card link again would be nice

RavenEyeFlash

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2013, 02:53:37 PM »
Add "+" button next to the "-" in our spellbook so we do not have to search in the big list just to add another copy of a card already in the spellbook.

It would also be kind of nice to be able to have some kind of flag that indicates if a card is already in the spellbook in the bottom pane.   

pixelgeek

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2013, 10:51:04 AM »

Currently you can enter 'War Earth' in the field and find any cards that are Earth and/or Dark schools. You wouldn't be able to do that if it was a drop down. It doesn't effect a lot of spells currently
Arcane Wonders Web Guy

Send me a PM

pixelgeek

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2013, 10:51:26 AM »

Added. Will be in the next release
Arcane Wonders Web Guy

Send me a PM

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2013, 12:11:35 PM »
Quote from: pixelgeek
Currently you can enter 'War Earth' in the field and find any cards that are Earth and/or Dark schools.
As you mentioned, those are Schools. I was talking about spell Type. Meaning Attack, Conjuration, Creature, Enchantment, Equipment, or Incantation. I am pretty confident in saying no spell has more than one Type.

pixelgeek

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2013, 12:27:52 PM »
As you mentioned, those are Schools. I was talking about spell Type. Meaning Attack, Conjuration, Creature, Enchantment, Equipment, or Incantation. I am pretty confident in saying no spell has more than one Type.

Whoops  ;D

I'll add it later today and it will be in the next release.
Arcane Wonders Web Guy

Send me a PM

Radiation_King

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2013, 03:53:31 PM »
It would be nice to have all of the basic spellbooks "pre-built" to save the time of entering them manually.  They could be included as a free download, or better yet integrated into the app.

MageSD

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2013, 12:11:36 AM »
When saving a spellbook that was loaded from disk, subsequent saves are text only (.txt extension).

1. OS:  Mac OS X 10.8.5
2. Browser:  Chrome Version 31.0.1650.57

Steps to reproduce:

1.  Create a Spellbook.
2.  Save the spellbook to disk with ".sbb" extension
3.  Load the spellbook from disk.
4.  Click "save."  The spellbook only saves in .txt format.  ("sbb.txt")