April 29, 2024, 05:09:07 AM

Author Topic: DvN rules questions  (Read 276630 times)

DeckBuilder

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Re: DvN ruels questions
« Reply #75 on: October 04, 2013, 02:26:47 PM »
Joe, I think that's the problem. Swamp Orcs vs. The Fallen was too much of an inspiration, I fear. Vine Walls have 3 life. Ergo vine markers need to have life.

I think I'm going to go out now and get very drunk and sad that my favourite game has discarded its "it all makes sense" charm.

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye. And then it's just fun.

HomelessJoe

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 04, 2013, 02:32:59 PM »
Naw, just give this mythical bird mage fingers that come out of it's wings, just like Stratos from He-Man. Boom, problem solved!

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 04, 2013, 02:46:08 PM »
Thanks for that, sIKE, I couldn't find it anywhere on this thread. Vine markers are far worse than I imagined, really fragile!

It seems like Pestilence, Gas Cloud, Plagued etc will only harm creatures (as per text).

So the above Poison effects harm Kralathor, Togorah, Vine Snapper, Raptor Vine etc

Poison cannot harm vine markers, Seedling Pods, Vine Tree, Samara Tree, Etherian Lifetree, Wall of Thorns, Tanglevine, Mana Flower

I guess this a necessary balance rule, like how former can be targeted by enchantments like Bear Strength and Rhino Hide. Maybe we can explain it as "the former are sentient plants"? It seems to me Poison can only harm plants with activation markers for some reason.

A necessary evil, I guess, as they made Vine MARKERS a conjuration (which also breaks another consistency in rules about markers).

I think they have a created a mess in consistency and intuitiveness here. Sad panda.

You are correct it had to be done for balance reasons.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 04, 2013, 02:48:03 PM »
Wait,

If vine markers are conjurations, does that mean Earthquake can damage them? Vine Markers can't be targeted by ranged attacks, but Earthquake doesn't seem to make ranged attacks (or even a zone attack). Huh.

Earth quake at the correct time is nearly a blowout.it can set you back 1-6 turns
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

HomelessJoe

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 04, 2013, 03:05:16 PM »
Well, I got my answer, thanks to all who contributed to that resolution. Seriously, this is one of the best forums. A close knit well informed group who don't have elitist attitudes. Not to mention moderators and play testers who are quick to clear things up. Well done guys.

pixelgeek

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
Re: Slow + Lumbering + Fast
« Reply #80 on: October 04, 2013, 04:54:13 PM »
I have a Zombie Minion with the Lumbering trait. It is enchanted with a face up Enfeeble, giving it Slow. I cast Charge on it.

Does the Zombie lose both Slow and Lumbering?

Can you start a new thread and give it a descriptive title so people will be able to find this question at a later date?
  • Favourite Mage: Adramelech Warlock
Arcane Wonders Web Guy
Problem with the forums or website?

Send me a PM

Words to live by: I commit strongly to defending my wand.   Precisely so that I don't lose it.

ringkichard

• Flightless Funpire
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Kich, if you prefer.
    • View Profile
Re: DvN rules questions
« Reply #81 on: October 04, 2013, 05:00:27 PM »
Would you believe that's exactly what I did, and then... someone...  changed it to the current title?
I can take the fun out of anything. It's true; here, look at this spreadsheet.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 04, 2013, 05:39:53 PM »
Would you believe that's exactly what I did, and then... someone...  changed it to the current title?

Just link it off the main thread.  :P

HomelessJoe

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 05, 2013, 08:10:21 PM »
After a conversation with Wiz I started thinking about Darkfenne Bats and the potential there. So here's the question: I have Ziggurat of Undeath on the board, if I  zombify a Darkfeene Bat and it inflicts rot on a creature but does not kill it, if it dies from rot on the upkeep phase, does it turn into a zombie? I'm assuming Ziggurat's discription of "makes a melee attack which destroys a creature" would mean no, but want to be certain. 

baronzaltor

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 05, 2013, 08:59:29 PM »
Correct, the death blow needs to comes from a zombie melee hit.  Other sources won't trigger ziggurat.
Rise Again would work off of a rot death though.

HomelessJoe

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 05, 2013, 09:20:17 PM »
Thanks Baron. If rot did work that way, might have been worth it to add a few for a horde build.

jacksmack

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 07, 2013, 07:03:09 AM »
"Vine Markers (Game Marker)
Vine markers are a Living conjuration with 1 life, no armor, and they cannot gain armor. Vine markers hinder enemy non-Flying creatures. Any mount of damage will destroy a Vine Marker, regardless of its total life. ................."

With Etherian life tree (all living creatures and living conjurations gain finite life +x) the vine markers get more than 1 HP.
I assume the bolded text means that the vinemarkers always get destroyed when they recieve damage even if they have 3 HP due to other effects and only recieve 1 or 2 damage.
My question is: What if a low lvl creature rolls 0 damage... does 0 fall under "any mount of damage" and thus the Vine Marker is still destroyed?

Kharhaz

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 07, 2013, 07:26:54 AM »

My question is: What if a low lvl creature rolls 0 damage... does 0 fall under "any mount of damage" and thus the Vine Marker is still destroyed?

In the rule book a blank result is described as a missed attack (pg 25 v 2)  also on that same page,

"Then, add up the value of all normal hits showing and subtract the target's armor from this total. If the result is more than zero, the target suffers that much damage."

So you can not deal zero damage, and to answer your question no zero damage damage does not fall under any damage.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 07:32:30 AM by Kharhaz »

jacksmack

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 07, 2013, 07:42:35 AM »

In the rule book a blank result is described as a missed attack (pg 25 v 2)  also on that same page,

"Then, add up the value of all normal hits showing and subtract the target's armor from this total. If the result is more than zero, the target suffers that much damage."

So you can not deal zero damage, and to answer your question no zero damage damage does not fall under any damage.

wp sir.

HomelessJoe

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 07, 2013, 11:25:39 AM »
Also vine markers are not considered creatures. Though stated as 'alive' they must be labeled creature to get any creature specific buffs.