April 26, 2024, 01:28:58 AM

Author Topic: Druid vs Necro Spoilers  (Read 610121 times)

tarkin84

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Druid vs Necro Spoilers
« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2013, 04:40:24 AM »
Thank you!!!
My Mage Wars blog (in Spanish): www.gatetovoltari.blogspot.com

Koz

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2013, 09:34:31 AM »
Yeah, those all look cool.  The Wraith looks fun, it has Blue Gremlin's Teleport ability, is Incorporeal (with 8 life) and inflicts Weak on a 5+.  The Upkeep 1 is a drag, but is par for the course it seems for Incorporeal creatures.  I like it. 

Lots of new traits on those cards too.  I assume Rooted is going to be some sort of super Unmovable and Uproot is going to be the mana cost for the creature to move.  Not sure what Vigilant does, but it may be that they come into play with their ready marker active, or perhaps they come into play with a Guard marker on it.  Guess we'll see :)

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 05, 2013, 10:02:44 AM »
Move along folks nothing to see here. 8)

Yeah, those all look cool.  The Wraith looks fun, it has Blue Gremlin's Teleport ability, is Incorporeal (with 8 life) and inflicts Weak on a 5+.  The Upkeep 1 is a drag, but is par for the course it seems for Incorporeal creatures.  I like it. 

Lots of new traits on those cards too.  I assume Rooted is going to be some sort of super Unmovable and Uproot is going to be the mana cost for the creature to move.  Not sure what Vigilant does, but it may be that they come into play with their ready marker active, or perhaps they come into play with a Guard marker on it.  Guess we'll see :)

"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

ringkichard

• Flightless Funpire
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Kich, if you prefer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 05, 2013, 10:15:44 AM »
If Togorah is a Vigilant Interceptor, and that means what I think it means, that's pretty impressive.
I can take the fun out of anything. It's true; here, look at this spreadsheet.

Koz

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 05, 2013, 10:26:28 AM »
If Togorah is a Vigilant Interceptor, and that means what I think it means, that's pretty impressive.

Yeah, I'm guessing he comes into play with a Guard marker, which is pretty sweet, especially with the Interceptor as you mentioned.  :)

Wiz-Pig

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 05, 2013, 11:25:21 AM »
I was able to get some more deatails out of the cards by sharpening in photoshop:

Druid's Leaf Ring (2 mana, quick spell, 0-2, Mage Level:?)
[Equipment: Plant]

Druid only
Once per round this Mage may p--ay 1 fewer mana--when she casts of reveals a p--lant spell.-- Enchantments only receive this dis--count when they-- are revealed.

Togorah, Forest Sentinel (21 mana, full cast, 0-0,Zone, Nature[4])
Creature: Plant, Tree, Sequoia

Armor: 2 Health: 18

Full Attack: Melee 6 dice, effect: 7-10 Daze 11+Smash Reach
Rooted - Uproot 2 - Vigilant - Intercept--Flame+2--Regenerate 2 - Hydro Immunity--Legendary--

[Speculation on Uproot 2: You must pay 2 mana to take a move action with this creature]

Grey Wraith (10 mana, fullcast, 0-0, Zone, Dark 3)
Creature: Spirit

Armor: / Health: 8

Quick Attack: Melee 3 dice , effect: 5+ Weak, Ethereal
Upkeep +1 - Incorporeal - Nonliving
Instead of taking a move action, Grey Wraith may pay 1 mana to teleport to an adjacent zone.

Animate Dead (Cost: X, Full-cast, range: 0-0, target: destroyed non-Epic Living Creature, level: Dark 3) Incantation: Necro

Dark Mage Only
--Choose-- a destroyed creature from any discard pile and… Place damage on the creature equal to it's --level. Then plac--e a Zombie marker on this creature. X= half --of the-- creature's casting cost rounded up.

Barkskin (2 mana cast/ 2 mana reveal, quick-spell, 0-2, target: Druid Mage, level: ?)
Enchantment: Plant, ?

Upkeep +2 - Cantrip - ?
Mage gains Armor +2 and Re--generate 2? silient?--

Vine Snapper (Cost: 7 mana, Fullcast, 0-0 Zone Nature: 2)
Creature: Plant, Vine

Armor: 0 Health: 10

Quick Attack: Melee 4 dice
Full Attack: Melee 5 dice, Piercing +1, Devour

Rooted - Regenerate 1 - Flame +2 - Hydro Immunity

Ziggurat of Undeath (8 mana, quick spell, 0-1, Zone, level: ?)

Zone Exculsive - Legendary - ?

--Whenever a f--riendly zombie  creature makes a me[lee attack and d--estroys a Living creature, you may pa--y mana equal to half it--'s casting cost (rounded up). to Rean--imate that creature. Whenever-- a  creature comes into play, place a --Zombie-- marker on it and place damage on --it equal to-- it's Level.

Skeletal Archer (11mana, fullcast, 0-0, Zone, Dark 3)
Creature: Undead, Skeleton, Soldier

Armor: 0 Health: 9

Fullattack: Ranged 1-2  4 dice
Quick Attack: Melee 2 dice

Nonliving - Psychic Immunity
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 06:55:47 PM by Wiz-Pig »

Hale_32bit

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 05, 2013, 01:45:28 PM »
What about this? Full text for Animate Dead  and Barkskin.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3ekn24oh2hqfc04/Arcane%20Wonders%20Distributor%20Product%20Catalog.pdf

Druid's Leaf Ring (2 mana, quick spell, 0-2, Nature[1])
[Equipment: Mana]
Druid only
bla bla bla

Animate Dead (Cost: X, Full-cast, range: 0-0, target: destroyed non-Epic Living Creature, level: Dark 3) Incantation: Necro

Dark Mage Only
Choose a destroyed creature from any discard pile and summon it. Place damage on the creature equal to it's level. Then place a Zombie marker on this creature. X = half of the creature's casting cost rounded up.

Barkskin (2 mana cast/ 2 mana reveal, quick-spell, 0-2, target: Druid Mage, Nature[2])
Enchantment: --Healing, Protection--

Upkeep +2 - Cantrip - Druid only

Mage gains Armor +2 and Regenerate 2.

Ziggurat of Undeath (2 mana, quick spell, 0-1, Dark[2])
Conjuration: --Artifact--

Armor 2

According to an interview from GenCon: Vigilant ~ you may place guard marker on this creature each round for free.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 01:51:45 PM by Hale_32bit »

Hale_32bit

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile

Koz

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 05, 2013, 02:05:40 PM »
Wow, Barkskin is really good for 4 mana.  Really good. 

Not sure what the Zombie marker will give creatures, but I assume it will add the Lumbering and Resilent traits, but we'll see.

If Vigilant allows you to add a Guard marker every round then that's really good too.  Wow.

Stormmaster

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 05, 2013, 02:27:13 PM »

Not sure what the Zombie marker will give creatures, but I assume it will add the Lumbering and Resilent traits, but we'll see.

If Vigilant allows you to add a Guard marker every round then that's really good too.  Wow.

But Barkskin could cost you 6, 8, 10, 20+ mana depending how long you leave it on.  2 mana upkeep is steep, it's a cool card armore + regen is awesome but 2 mana every turn for it.  I guess it is worth it to pay 2 mana to heal 2 points each turn but there are other regen items that don't cost mana.  Cantrip is cool though, at least you will always have the option of armor and regen.

Would be cool if Vigilant was like the Vigilance trait in MTG which lets the creature attack and still block/guard.  Not saying they should copy Magic by any means just saying Vigilance is one of my favorite traits in that card game, so I'm eager to see how they implement it here.

Koz

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 05, 2013, 02:30:29 PM »
Spoilers
http://www.critshappen.net/2013/09/05/mage-wars-druid-vs-necromancer-expansion/

Ok, those are awesome too.  Holy cow, I am getting really pumped for this set!  I have been anticipating the Necro since he was announced, and now I can't wait! 

The Druid seems really cool too.  Based on the text describing her Treebond ability, it sounds like she'll be able to shunt damage done to herself to her plants possibly.  It also sounds like she may be able to extend the range of her spells through her plants or something like that. 

The Necro description talks about his Eternal Servant ability which sounds cool, and it sounds like he gives his Skeletons the ability to reconstruct themselves in some fashion.

Totally salivating over here!!  8)

Koz

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 05, 2013, 02:32:44 PM »

But Barkskin could cost you 6, 8, 10, 20+ mana depending how long you leave it on.  2 mana upkeep is steep, it's a cool card armore + regen is awesome but 2 mana every turn for it.  I guess it is worth it to pay 2 mana to heal 2 points each turn but there are other regen items that don't cost mana.  Cantrip is cool though, at least you will always have the option of armor and regen.

Would be cool if Vigilant was like the Vigilance trait in MTG which lets the creature attack and still block/guard.  Not saying they should copy Magic by any means just saying Vigilance is one of my favorite traits in that card game, so I'm eager to see how they implement it here.

Yeah, missed the Upkeep 2, still, it's very good and well worth the cost IMO

Hale_32bit

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 05, 2013, 02:39:17 PM »
The Druid seems really cool too.  Based on the text describing her Treebond ability, it sounds like she'll be able to shunt damage done to herself to her plants possibly.  It also sounds like she may be able to extend the range of her spells through her plants or something like that. 
I think she use regeneration from plant.

Hale_32bit

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 05, 2013, 02:42:41 PM »
Yeah, missed the Upkeep 2, still, it's very good and well worth the cost IMO
Cost is big because you can use it together with rhino hide. I think this is rhino hide and you can must buy two life each upkep for two mana.

Stormmaster

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 05, 2013, 04:00:17 PM »
Cantrip makes it worth almost anything, never worry again about being caught without armor, even after everything has been dispelled/destroyed this can come back out.  Me personally I wouldn't pull it out early and would favor non upkeep forms of armor first, 2 mana per turn (early on) is just too costly, but later game wouldn't matter as much.