April 19, 2024, 04:44:04 PM

Author Topic: Druid vs Necro Spoilers  (Read 610067 times)

Wiz-Pig

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
Re: Druid vs Necro Spoilers
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2013, 09:21:22 PM »
I think as the previews are written you'll start to see all of the new abilities and fresh keywords for this set.  It's pretty exciting, in fact we should have a preview that will reveal two new keywords on Wednesday. This is an exciting time to play Mage Wars!

Check out this awesome Druid vs Necromancer Preview of Acid Ball by Assistant Designer, Aaron Brosman

http://magewars.com/jsite/newsblog

Sorry to nit pick when you maybe have already sent this to print, but in the text of corrode where it says object there is the potential for confusions due to the fact that corrode potentially interacts with equipment on a mage. If you change instances of 'object' to 'creature or conjuration' this source of confusion could be completely eliminated.

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2013, 09:33:00 PM »
Currently as the effects are applied to the target creature, there this cannot go on armor.  However, I see where you're coming from and try to get that wording changed!

Koz

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2013, 08:44:06 AM »
Out of curiosity, how often will the previews be coming?  Once a week?  Twice a week? 

Not being pushy, just want to know how often I need to check the Mage Wars Facebook page ;)

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2013, 09:00:49 AM »
Check the news feed at noon today.  The card previews will be every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

ringkichard

• Flightless Funpire
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Kich, if you prefer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2013, 09:59:58 AM »
Has a release date been announced? That's what, 12 spoilers this month and up to another 14 next month?

Forcemaster vs Warlord was 60 unique cards, so that's less than half the set spoiled? If so, I know mystery fans should be happier with that than Conquest!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 10:07:19 AM by ringkichard »
I can take the fun out of anything. It's true; here, look at this spreadsheet.

Koz

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2013, 10:12:51 AM »
Check the news feed at noon today.  The card previews will be every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

Thank you!  :)

Koz

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2013, 10:15:04 AM »
Has a release date been announced? That's what, 12 spoilers this month and up to another 14 next month?

Forcemaster vs Warlord was 60 unique cards, so that's less than half the set spoiled? If so, I know mystery fans should be happier with that than Conquest!

They may accelerate the previews as we get closer to release, I think they did that for the last two sets.  I'd like to see the whole set revealed before release so that I can start planning new builds.  Those that don't want to see all the previews don't have to look, those of us that want them shouldn't have them withheld because some people lack restraint ;)

ringkichard

• Flightless Funpire
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Kich, if you prefer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2013, 10:19:09 AM »
In my friend's case, I think he wants everyone to struggle with the new environment while he picks out the best cards for himself :)
I can take the fun out of anything. It's true; here, look at this spreadsheet.

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2013, 11:17:01 AM »
I prefer leaving some mystery. ;)  But I think the previews will give you a great idea what this set has to offer.

maxlongstreet

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2013, 12:34:40 PM »
Zombie minion is up!

Stormmaster

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2013, 01:48:03 PM »
Well they do want to sell the product and without letting people know at least some of what they will be paying money for it is difficult.  It generates interest and provides information.  If I want total mystery and to have no idea what I am purchasing I can ignore the spoilers.  For me I like to get a taste of what I am buying.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2013, 02:08:01 PM »
For me I like to get a taste of what I am buying.
I like mine with lots of mashed taters, white gravy, fried okra, some apple pie ala mode, and Chicken Fried Steak...the more the better :)
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Koz

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2013, 02:50:13 PM »
Well they do want to sell the product and without letting people know at least some of what they will be paying money for it is difficult.  It generates interest and provides information.  If I want total mystery and to have no idea what I am purchasing I can ignore the spoilers.  For me I like to get a taste of what I am buying.

Yeah, there's a reason why companies provide spoilers and it's to generate interest, conversation, and internet traffic with the goal of converting that interest into sales.  I don't get the "savor the mystery" types who lobby for cards to NOT be spoiled.  If they don't want to look, then don't.  Why should those of us that want to see the spoilers be denied that option because there are some who lack restraint?

Altropos

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • The Heart of the Maelstrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2013, 03:45:26 PM »
Shh, you'll give my game away.

In my friend's case, I think he wants everyone to struggle with the new environment while he picks out the best cards for himself :)
I can take anything and make it fun. It's true; I made a paper airplane out of your spreadsheet.

Moonglow

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2013, 04:16:34 AM »
Check out the Chronicles, there are a few new ones there:

http://us5.campaign-archive2.com/?u=9da956a569c65d5b054e80642&id=e38ef24789

Barkskin - +2 upkeep, cantrip that gives +2 armor and some other effects that aren't visible. Might be regeneration.
Vine Snapper - 7 mana slow cast, has a new characteristic 'rooted'
Ziggurat of Undeath - looks like the card revealed at GenCon, whenever a zombie kills something you can reanimate it.
Skeletal Archer - a bony royal archer.

Druids Leaf Ring
Togorah - cant read too much on this one, its a zone card, also rooted, but 21 mana, looks like a big deal.  Has another new characteristic 'uproot' and vigilent.  Also has regenerate 2, a d6 attack and looks like it dazes on 7-10 and stuns 11+. May also have intercept.
Grey Wraith - can teleport 1 zone instead of a move action for 1 mana. Gives a weak condition on 5+, but only a 3d6 attack.
Animate Death - this is the bring back from the discard card... yeaaahh!  Looks like it costs half the creatures casting cost to animate it.  Can't quite see what the creature's undead life is based on.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 04:41:34 AM by Moonglow »