March 29, 2024, 09:52:08 AM

Author Topic: 'Wizard's Castle' Turtling Strategy  (Read 11575 times)

Wiz-Pig

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
Re: 'Wizard's Castle' Turtling Strategy
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2013, 10:28:09 AM »
This level of aggression has it's risks, but the one thing that it does inarguably do is force you to change tactics. And if you have set up the two mana crystals on round 1 there is no disadvantage to the rush. If anything there is a brief 4 point advantage mana wise. If you see it coming quickly enough to ditch the crystals your going to do a little better, but it's still completely disrupted your castle build.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2013, 12:03:07 PM »
This level of aggression has it's risks, but the one thing that it does inarguably do is force you to change tactics. And if you have set up the two mana crystals on round 1 there is no disadvantage to the rush. If anything there is a brief 4 point advantage mana wise. If you see it coming quickly enough to ditch the crystals your going to do a little better, but it's still completely disrupted your castle build.

Or with the Golems you could be Force Pushed though a Wall of Thorns, nothing that your guarding Golems can do. Trust me WoT is very brutal with no armor, protect against it and cast Armor, you have once again changed from Multi Golems due to mana/action deficiency's.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

wolf88

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2013, 06:24:47 PM »
I do have a couple of tricks to deal with a single big rushing creature, i'm not scared in the least of that. The plan is very flexible, i could very well Teleport trap, spiked pit or even turn it to stone, stop summoning golems and start spamming low level attack spells from wand + tower (hurl rock is excellent for the purpose)

Being pushed through a Wall of Thorns scares me a little more because it's really something you cannot counter, either you already had armor out or you get a lot of damage. I'm actually considering including the eagleclaw boots.