April 30, 2024, 03:41:51 PM

Poll

When you are planning your spells, which of the following describes your strategy?

I always prepare 2 spells with the goal of playing both of them.
1 (5.9%)
Most of the time I prepare 2 spell with the goal of playing both of them.
7 (41.2%)
I always prepare 2 spells with the goal of playing 1 of them; one of these spells is back up incase the other fails.
1 (5.9%)
Most of the time I prepare 2 spells with the goal of playing 1 of them; one of these spells is back up incase the other fails.
5 (29.4%)
My method of spell preparation depends largely on whether I have initiative or not.
2 (11.8%)
There is no method to my madness!
1 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: Spell Preparation  (Read 3163 times)

MrSaucy

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
Spell Preparation
« on: May 18, 2013, 05:47:50 PM »
Just want to get a feel for how the rest of the MW community goes about when planning their spells. Personally, I am more of an "option 4" player.
"See you space cowboy..."

sdougla2

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
Re: Spell Preparation
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2013, 05:53:10 PM »
It really depends on my build. If I'm focused on meleeing with my mage, I'll usually focus on 1 spell I intend to cast and 1 spell as backup in case it doesn't make sense to go with plan A. If I'm focused on playing and supporting my creatures, I often choose 2 spells I intend to cast. The BM can go either way. The Warlock, Forcemaster, and Priestess tend towards casting 1 spell (after some initial setup). The Wizard tends towards casting 2 spells. I don't have enough experience with the Warlord to say how that will work out for me.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster