April 28, 2024, 02:13:29 AM

Author Topic: Conquest of Kumanjaro - SPOILERS  (Read 363125 times)

Arlemus

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Re: Conquest of Kumanjaro - SPOILERS
« Reply #270 on: June 12, 2013, 05:52:49 PM »
http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgameexpansion/143092/mage-wars-conquest-of-kumanjaro-spell-tome-expan

Guys, note: "106 New Spell Cards"

This is just a suggestion, but Arcane Wonders might want to make some kind of announcement stating that the cards spoiled are NOT all the cards in the set.  I see an unsettling number of individuals thinking that the only cards in the set are those spoiled.  IIRC only 20-ish cards have actually been spoiled and I don't want to see people disinterested because they falsely believe that's all their getting in the expansion. 

• Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer

isel

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 13, 2013, 08:51:39 AM »
If any lucky individual got the expansion at Origins, could he/she share if there are other cards in the new set besides the spoiled ones?
And rules please.

No more spoilers..????? sniff, i´m very sad

I hope there would be more cards, not only these because i believe are few, except if AW put in the box 6 copies XD

szendroib

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: June 13, 2013, 08:58:25 AM »
I'm sure some people already have the expansion, we should know more soon. But personally I think there will be some more cards in the set. Probably not much more, but some:).

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 13, 2013, 12:04:56 PM »
http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgameexpansion/143092/mage-wars-conquest-of-kumanjaro-spell-tome-expan

This is just a suggestion, but Arcane Wonders might want to make some kind of announcement stating that the cards spoiled are NOT all the cards in the set.  I see an unsettling number of individuals thinking that the only cards in the set are those spoiled.  IIRC only 20-ish cards have actually been spoiled and I don't want to see people disinterested because they falsely believe that's all their getting in the expansion.

106 New Spell Cards, not NEW SPELLS, so there will be 4*Panzer Garde, 4*Troll, 4* Wizard tower... and when you sum it up, it will be yours 106 new spell cards :)
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

Hale_32bit

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 13, 2013, 12:31:34 PM »

106 New Spell Cards, not NEW SPELLS, so there will be 4*Panzer Garde, 4*Troll, 4* Wizard tower... and when you sum it up, it will be yours 106 new spell cards :)

Only 1 Wizard's Tower, 1 Makunda, 1 Galador, 1 Battle cry
Maybe 6 Enchantment Transfusion, 6 Healing charm, 6 Surging Wave
 = 98 cards maximum.

Paleblue

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: June 13, 2013, 06:45:40 PM »
I'm happy with the new amount of cards and alternate Mages. Of course I would like more cards, but I think there is a solid amount for a mini expansion such as this.

szendroib

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 14, 2013, 06:47:27 PM »
I'm happy with the new amount of cards and alternate Mages. Of course I would like more cards, but I think there is a solid amount for a mini expansion such as this.

Is this a confirmation that we saw all the new cards?:). Or you say you would be fine with it? For me it would be good either way, but still some info would be great from the proud owners of the expansion.

Paleblue

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: June 14, 2013, 10:31:50 PM »

Is this a confirmation that we saw all the new cards?:). Or you say you would be fine with it? For me it would be good either way, but still some info would be great from the proud owners of the expansion.

Haha sorry mate it was just my opinion, I'd say I'am a ways of getting my grubby hands on it!

Cosworth

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: June 17, 2013, 07:54:13 AM »
So Origins 2013 has come and gone and CoK has been in the wild for several days, but still no final news as to the content?

One thing I noticed on BGG was that it said 106 NEW cards in the description indicating no reruns in this expansion.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: June 17, 2013, 02:34:25 PM »
I have not even had a chance to open my 3 copies yet
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

szendroib

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: June 17, 2013, 04:22:07 PM »
I hope it means you need to buy 2 or 3 copies for full set of cards, that would mean a lot of unspoiled spells :). Or it could mean that you stuff your pillows with cards:D

Sarkath

• Playtester
  • New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 17, 2013, 04:31:18 PM »
There are mostly playsets in the box. 2 of's of a few other things, like Wizard's Tower.

I already mixed my stuff in with my other cards, otherwise I would get a better list.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 05:40:34 PM by Sarkath »

szendroib

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 17, 2013, 04:43:47 PM »
Thanks it is a good start:)

szendroib

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 18, 2013, 03:59:45 AM »
It was posted on BGG, an unboxing video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAjFDOL-8T0

Long story short we have seen all the cards in the set. To be honest I expected a little more theme from a themed expansion. I already mentioned I expected the invading priest army to have a lot of new tricks, but they didn't get too much new cards. I also waited at least the beastmaster's cool looking green dagger. Also I thought from the box size and the price point that we will get 2 new spellbooks (that I wouldn't have used probably since I have enough).

However even though I find the price way too high for 106 new cards and some tokens, I will surely buy it for the new creatures (they all seem a lot of fun), and for some of the few other fun cards.

isel

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 19, 2013, 02:37:14 AM »
Since i saw this video, i think this expansion it´s expensive, few cards and components for 39 $, the core set have many more and cost 59$, i believe this expansion have wooden action tokens, a spell book...something more...