April 24, 2024, 03:19:08 PM

Author Topic: Tokens  (Read 7922 times)

Terrazas

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Tokens
« on: June 18, 2013, 07:27:37 AM »
In later expansion will there be more damge and mana tokens? Or can they be sold sepertaly? I have had the problem in a few of my games where we ran out of mana tokens and in another game we almost ran out of damge tokens.

jacksmack

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
Re: Tokens
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 07:50:03 AM »
In later expansion will there be more damge and mana tokens? Or can they be sold sepertaly? I have had the problem in a few of my games where we ran out of mana tokens and in another game we almost ran out of damge tokens.

Did you playe the spawnpoints and familiars correctly? I have never run out of mana tokens.
The spawnpoints and famliar pays whatever mana they have on them when casting a spell, and then the mage pays the remaining mana.
So you dont have to wait for the holy temply to have 13 mana to cast knights of wrestlock.

Damage tokens can run short though. Regular D6s can be used to help keep track. (not that this is a satiesfying solution in any way! in fact the shortage of damage counters and condition counters being double side is my biggest beef with this game.)

Also remember the highest damage counter is a 9 not a 6 - mby this helps.

They should have made the damage counters double sided (same total number or more). something like this:
1 and 2.
3 and 5.
8 and 10.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 07:50:57 AM »
I just use dice I do not use the tokens. Even in all the games I have seen and played this has not been an issue. Are both players playing slower swarm builds?
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Terrazas

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 09:14:44 AM »
It usually happens when I play the priestess, what I do is just have my spawn point hold on to the mana. What I like to do is have enough saved up so I can bring out a angel  along with a highland unicorn with my full action or if my mage has enough mana a second angel. Another example when we ran out my wife used the mana syphion on me and then brought out a bear. So used turn to stone on the bear and that basically any mana I was getting when channelling came around so relied on my spawn point and just saved up mana on it.

Of course in both these example my opponent had a conjuration or familiar and sometimes both.

And I agree with the double sided damge counters, it would be better for players and probably more cost efficient for the AW.

RARodger

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2013, 12:13:42 PM »
This has come up in some of our games, to the point where I wonder if I lost some of my tokens. Chenelling isn't usually a problem until midgame when creatures arent coming out as quickly. But damage can be when we've got a couple swarms going at it.

I wouldnt mind beimg able to pick up more counters somehow.

CanadaAndy

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2013, 12:23:11 PM »
Yeah, I also use six-sided dice. I have some red ones (damage) and some purple ones (channeling). I actually like it better. I find it faster and easier to mark up the damage with dice than to try and find the right combination of "1", "3" and "6" tokens.

Terrazas

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2013, 12:48:45 PM »
I like the dice idea ill have to try that next time I play.

Texan85

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • Game Free, or Die!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2013, 02:28:46 PM »
MAybe use a marker or pen or nail polish and put dots on the lower right for or or the 6's and make them 9's on one side, migt free up some room. But yea I would like to see that as an update to the website a few more independent goodies from the game as extras.
Ipsa Scentia Potestes Est

Terrazas

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2013, 05:48:44 PM »
I thought it would be easier to just have additional token in their next expansion, like they did with the melee and armor tokens.

Does anyone else have any good ideas for token they can make?

Texan85

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • Game Free, or Die!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2013, 12:53:48 AM »
The 1's should have 2's on the back so they can just be flipped over before having to add another token.  Do this times 10

Then redo the next bracket with 4's and 8's do this times six

And to round it out maybe do 6's and 12's do only two or three.
Ipsa Scentia Potestes Est

nitrodavid

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
    • East Coast Hobbies
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2013, 12:56:09 AM »
I just imagine 6 dice on earth elemental. I just wish I could find a large collection of the glass rocks they gave in the original Pokemon card decks
Being Aussie we place all our cards face down, apart from enchantments which are face up