April 29, 2024, 07:54:28 AM

Author Topic: Helm of Fear  (Read 23047 times)

DarthDadaD20

• Dark Father of Random Occurrence/TeamRocket Grunt
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 14
    • View Profile
Re: Helm of Fear
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2013, 07:53:11 AM »
I suppose..... beat down already means a deck type to me.(You want a whole bunch of solid, aggressive creatures, some removal spells and maybe one or two mid-to-late game finishers.)

And buffed/equipment mage really doesn't get the point across that you are being extremely aggressive with mostly your mage, relying on your mage being overly aggressive, and using the mages melee attacks as a win condition.

Really I dont care if its called another name.....I really dont. But I didnt know anyone out there was only using just a mage, and not even one creature....I have yet to see a build titled "Solo Mage" and just have nothing for creatures. I have never seen a build without one creature at all.
I have seen a solo forcemaster build....that had an invisible stalker.

So.... bottom line, I have yet to hear of a build that has no support at all for this so called "Solo Mage" until this thread....but again.......... "Solo Style" "Beatdown" "buff/equip" "Magical unicorn" "Release the Kraken" "Bread n' Butter" I dont really care what people want to call it.......But if you really want a proper name- Its called "Disruptive Aggro", but that still dosnt show that you are using your mage as your beatstick.
Where does my greatest enemy lie?
It has been around since the dawn of time,
it follows your loved ones as well as mine,
takes the form of a mountain as well as a flower,
it cannot be outrun by the greatest of power.
Within Shad0w.

Lightseed

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2013, 11:32:39 AM »
whoa DarthDadaD20 you are coming heavy on this thread here :D you like wrapping things up :D , one could say you have a beat down style xd

DarthDadaD20

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2013, 12:14:30 PM »
You think?? I hope Im not coming off as a jerk....I dont mean too. It is hard to convey my calm demeanor over the internet!

If you could read all my post in a Morgan Freeman voice.....it would help me out tremendously!
Within Shad0w.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2013, 12:23:02 PM »
When reading your threads Darth, I think in the James Earl Jones Voice. Like....

I find your lack of faith disturbing.....
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

DarthDadaD20

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2013, 12:51:48 PM »
Quote from: "sIKE" post=11951
When reading your threads Darth, I think in the James Earl Jones Voice. Like....

I find your lack of faith disturbing.....

That is the greatest thing I have ever heard! Yes....do that.

Commander, tear this ship apart until you find those plans! And bring me all passengers, I want them ALIVE!
 :lol:

And I guess I do wheeze a lot....... :silly:
Within Shad0w.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2013, 12:57:40 PM »
Then sometimes I think:

Scar! Brother, help me!
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Cyborgs Gaming

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2013, 01:34:09 PM »
Darth and Lightseed, you are both only allowed to play Forcemaster from now on, you are hereby banned from playing all other mages.

sdougla2

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2013, 02:19:17 PM »
Quote from: "DarthDadaD20" post=11945
I suppose..... beat down already means a deck type to me.(You want a whole bunch of solid, aggressive creatures, some removal spells and maybe one or two mid-to-late game finishers.)

And buffed/equipment mage really doesn't get the point across that you are being extremely aggressive with mostly your mage, relying on your mage being overly aggressive, and using the mages melee attacks as a win condition.

Really I dont care if its called another name.....I really dont. But I didnt know anyone out there was only using just a mage, and not even one creature....I have yet to see a build titled "Solo Mage" and just have nothing for creatures. I have never seen a build without one creature at all.
I have seen a solo forcemaster build....that had an invisible stalker.

So.... bottom line, I have yet to hear of a build that has no support at all for this so called "Solo Mage" until this thread....but again.......... "Solo Style" "Beatdown" "buff/equip" "Magical unicorn" "Release the Kraken" "Bread n' Butter" I dont really care what people want to call it.......But if you really want a proper name- Its called "Disruptive Aggro", but that still dosnt show that you are using your mage as your beatstick.

I've tried solo builds (no creatures) a couple of times. They worked alright primarily because my opponent didn't make effective use of creatures, and I used other things to gain an action advantage. My Priestess, as an example of when I tried a solo build, used a Temple of Light to get additional attacks, and prevent my opponent from attacking me. If I played against a better opponent, I doubt it would have worked well, but I've seen creatureless plays before. I've seen creatureless Warlock, Priestess and Forcemaster.

If you don't think beatdown, buffed mage, or equipment imply being aggressive with your mage, then I don't see why you think solo does this better. Solo doesn't really imply aggression. If you added aggro to the description, that might help. Aggro equipment? Aggro mage? Something that implies that you're mostly relying on your mage being the threat, but doesn't imply that you're not using creatures at all.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

DarthDadaD20

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2013, 04:33:08 PM »
I just thought that was already established in what we were calling the build....not that solo mage implies aggro at all.

I dont care what we call it....... Mage buff Aggro........I just thought solo was an excepted term for the build in which I am speaking of (A aggro mage who spends full actions attacking and using quick actions for equipment/enchantments the majority of the time, one or two creatures and conjurations may not apply) ............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Within Shad0w.

DarthDadaD20

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2013, 04:36:53 PM »
Quote from: "Cyborgs Gaming" post=11955
Darth and Lightseed, you are both only allowed to play Forcemaster from now on, you are hereby banned from playing all other mages.

My group just decided that I couldnt use the forcemaster for a while!  :lol:  Im not even joking.....

(I need to post my build, but as it uses cards that SWIM likes to play with......I have to find suitable replacements, and have zero time to do much........dont you look at my number of post and go.."Sure you dont." That in which has no life....)
Within Shad0w.

piousflea

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2013, 08:49:13 PM »
I do not consider "big creature builds" (lord of fire etc) to be a "solo" build. Solo would be a forcemaster going straight for his opponent with a Galvitar and a Dancing Scimitar and nothing else.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2013, 01:09:17 PM »
Quote from: "DarthDadaD20" post=11963
Quote from: "Cyborgs Gaming" post=11955

My group just decided that I couldnt use the forcemaster for a while!  :lol:  Im not even joking.....

(I need to post my build, but as it uses cards that are not released yet......I have to find suitable replacements, and have zero time to do much........dont you look at my number of post and go.."Sure you dont." That in which has no life....)

I may have an Idea or two about your build Darth :whistle:
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2013, 01:12:00 PM »
Well this has wandered way off topic I will make a thread for the Big creature builds and name conventions.

I will post the link to the new thread. This will be all about Defining a build.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

DarthDadaD20

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2013, 02:59:39 PM »
What have you done shad0w!?!?!?! Also...what do you mean ideas for my forcemaster.......?
Within Shad0w.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2013, 08:33:17 PM »
Dealings of the forbidden spells Darth.  ;)

We must not talk of them in the open.  :whistle: