March 18, 2024, 09:12:55 PM

Author Topic: Indianapolis Mages Wanted  (Read 75129 times)

zot

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
Re: Indianapolis Mages Wanted
« Reply #150 on: September 05, 2019, 10:25:38 PM »
a number of folks mentioned the alternate weekend would work better.

looking like next mw weekend here in indy will be nov 15-17. let me know if you can make it.

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 06, 2019, 09:05:00 PM »
I will try to make it.
  • Favourite Mage: Asyra Priestess

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 11, 2019, 11:59:17 AM »
I will try to make it.

I just put in for PTO for Friday

zot

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 11, 2019, 12:08:46 PM »
awesome news. look forward to seeing you there.

zot

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 11, 2019, 10:57:47 PM »
I am planning on having a serious tournament for 11/16 Saturday. hope to start at 1pm or so. I will post rules for it here in advance. but the starting point will be the 2019 gencon rules as a base. there may be a couple of card modifications beyond those base rules. the 2 cards being considered for change to printed version are ritual of kallek, and perhaps pillar of righteous flame. just a thought at the moment.

should be a blast. looking forward to seeing folks. more to come....

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 13, 2019, 08:16:25 PM »
You might want to put in something about Freezes and Burns cancelling before Freeze damage.

zot

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 13, 2019, 09:35:39 PM »
will do.

zot

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 29, 2019, 11:28:49 AM »
only six weeks or so until the next mw weekend here in indy. if you have not yet informed me if you are planning on making it, please contact me and let me know and I will get you further details.

tournament on Saturday (11/16)  to be held. prizes will be available too. thanks arcane wonders. we will be using gencon tournament rules plus a couple of additions that the arcane duels team uses for their online events listed below.

• Disciple of Radiance Text Change:
Once per round, whenever your Mage casts or reveals a healing spell, Disciple of Radiance may deal 1 direct light damage to a target creature in her zone

• Casting a Spell - Change to the end of the Pay Costs Step
Previous wording - If you cannot pay all of the costs, the spell is cancelled and discarded, and you have lost the action.
New wording -If you cannot pay all of the costs, the spell is cancelled and obliterated, and you have lost the action.
Everything else remains unchanged about the step

• Steep Hill
Steep hill will block Line of Sight if you cast a spell and it goes through two diagonal sections of the zone.

• Force Pull
Once per round, the Forcemaster may cast this quick Force spell. Target creature is Pushed 1 zone towards the source of this spell. Will not Push a creature through a wall with the Passage Attacks trait.

• Trample
- If a Flying creature attacks a non-Flying object, it loses Flying until the end of the attack.
- Elusive Creatures can ignore guards when making a Trample Attack
- Defenses that do not work against Melee attacks cannot be used during the Avoid Attack step, however all other types may be (choosing one during the step following normal rules).

• Symbiotic Orb
Symbiotic orb triggers during the Avoid Attack Step

• Burns
Object is on fire. This is a flame condition. Each Upkeep Phase, roll 1 attack die of direct flame damage for each burn marker on each object. On a roll of “0,” remove that burn marker. Burn markers have a removal cost of 2.

additionally:
if after an effect assigns burns or freezes to a target, before resolving damage, if the condition's opposite (freeze and burn oppose each other) exists on the target, remove one of each until only one condition remains on the target. then proceed with final resolution normally.

• Dig in and Press the Attack only apply to the zone they are in

• Object Enchantments, equipment, creatures, and conjurations are spells which represents objects in the game, remaining in play after they are cast. The Mage is also considered an object. Incantation and attack spells do not become objects.

• Swarm (Please remember all non-mage objects are also spells)
Creatures with the Swarm trait cannot be targeted by non-attack actions or spells that do not specifically target Swarm creatures.  When attacking, Creatures with the Swarm trait may make additional strikes equal to their remaining health.  Additionally, they are immune to conditions, healing, and life gain that does not target swarms. Non-zone attacks do a maximum of 1 damage to them. Swarms cannot guard.

• The Embalmed
When summoning The Embalmed, remove target non-Epic Living creature in any discard pile from the game. This creature becomes a copy of the removed creature, gaining The Embalmed’s traits and subtypes. X= the removed creature’s mana cost

• ritual of kallek
this spell will be a full cast spell.

• pillar of righteous flame
will no longer attack enemy creatures that enter its zone.

the last 2 items are for data gathering to see if they help balance a few spells. for instance regarding ritual; all other mana gain spells are full actions. consider crumble, remove curse, disperse, and meditation amulet. ritual will join these as a full cast spell. also, for pillar, it would be good to see if removing the enter zone attack portion of the spell helps balance this powerful spell.

looking forward to seeing everyone soon.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2019, 11:31:43 AM by zot »

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 30, 2019, 06:47:04 PM »
Are these changes in effect for the entire weekend, or are these just tournament rules. I will only be playing casually on Friday, so just need to know if I should replace the Pillar in some of my books.

zot

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 30, 2019, 09:19:58 PM »
just for the tournament.

zot

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 11, 2019, 11:04:44 AM »
about 1 month to the next mw weekend. getting super stoked for folks to get here.

zot

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 15, 2019, 01:36:54 PM »
mw weekend is here!!!

zot

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 28, 2022, 05:17:25 PM »
considering hosting a mw weekend here perhaps in april.  4/15-17 or 4/29-5/1. see how many can make either and go from there. i suspect the mid-april is most likely but would like to get the most folks here. let me know who can make it and which dates work best.

zot

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 07, 2022, 09:26:20 PM »
Currently looking like the mw weekend here in indy will be 4/29-5/1. let me know if you need details. also let me know if you are making it so i can plan snacks accordingly. thanks.