Author Topic: Bashed  (Read 3855 times)

malgor

• Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Bashed
« on: March 15, 2013, 10:46:23 PM »
Hi, I was looking something up in the codex when i noticed the "Bashed" entry, pasted below:

Bashed
When a creature is Pushed into a wall with the Passage Blocked trait it is
Bashed. It receives an Unavoidable attack of 3 attack dice of damage. The
walls around the arena have the Passage Blocked trait.

I looked back at the "Walls" section of the rulebook, and bashed isn't mentioned at all.  Does the above codex entry mean that I can use force push in a border zone to bash a creature against a wall and roll 3 attack dice?  Are there any examples of how I can use the fact that walls around the arena have the "passage blocked" trait to initiate a bashed 3 dice attack on my enemy?

Klaxas

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Re: Bashed
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 10:56:44 PM »
yes you can push creatures into the outside walls of the arena to bash them for a 3 die attack.  this includes flying creatures that would normally are pushed over the walls.

any time a creature is pushed into a wall with passage blocked it takes the 3 die hit.  with force push since you can choose the direction of the push you can always choose to push the creature into the wall and cause the 3 die bash damage.  and since it isn't a passage attacks wall, you do not have to pay the extra mana to cast it.
Favorite Mage: The one I am using.

Tacullu64

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 10:59:12 PM »
You can use Force Push to push a creature into a wall with passage blocked and it will be bashed. You would roll 3 attack dice and the attack would be unavoidable.

I am not sure if there are any examples in the rule book.

DarthDadaD20

• Dark Father of Random Occurrence/TeamRocket Grunt
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 04:34:49 AM »
No Tacullu64 there are not. But in the codex under Blocked passage trait, and Bashed, the information is there.
Where does my greatest enemy lie?
It has been around since the dawn of time,
it follows your loved ones as well as mine,
takes the form of a mountain as well as a flower,
it cannot be outrun by the greatest of power.
Where does my greatest enemy lie?
Within Shad0w.

malgor

• Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2013, 09:43:05 AM »
thanks for the clarification.  this should definitely be added to the section on walls as well.  

my main confusion was that the force push card says push 1 zone in the direction of my choice.  it obviously makes sense to have the power to bash into a wall, but the language did make it sound like i had to move the target 1 zone if possible.  

thanks!

Hix

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2013, 08:51:42 AM »
I have a question about outside walls. Yesterday I was facing the Air Elemental who has the push effect die when attacking. The creature is in the same zone so the under the FAQ
If the target is in the same zone as the source then
the controller can choose any of the four directions.

But under the push rules it states zone several times. Since the wall is not a zone would the owner of the Air Elemental be allowed to just constantly push into the outer wall? Also if there is a passage attacks trait does the owner get to push the creature or mage through the passage attacks just for rolling the status effect die?

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2013, 01:57:02 PM »
Bashed
When a creature is Pushed into a wall with the Passage Blocked trait it is Bashed. It receives an Unavoidable attack of 3 attack dice of damage. The walls around the arena have the Passage Blocked trait.

Passage Blocked
Creatures may not move through this wall. If a creature is Pushed into this wall, it is Bashed. The
walls around the outside of the arena all have the Passage Blocked trait, and affect Flying creatures.
See “Walls” on page 17.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Hix

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2013, 09:24:29 PM »
So the Whirling Spirit chooses this with no restriction so just a bash away creature? That makes him worth a lot more than I gave it credit for...

Tacullu64

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2013, 09:48:32 PM »
Quote from: "Hix" post=9603
So the Whirling Spirit chooses this with no restriction so just a bash away creature? That makes him worth a lot more than I gave it credit for...

It has to make its effect die roll of 7 - 10 push or  11+  push and daze.

Arcanus

• Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2013, 01:01:24 PM »
And, since the Push is in his zone, he gets to choose the direction, making ti very effective with walls.

Arcanus

• Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2013, 01:01:35 PM »
And, since the Push is in his zone, he gets to choose the direction, making it very effective with walls.