April 24, 2024, 08:39:25 PM

Author Topic: Agony should target Living Creature  (Read 3998 times)

Dumbfire

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Agony should target Living Creature
« on: March 04, 2013, 05:00:25 PM »
I believe that Agony is unfortunately able to target non-living creatures.  

I played last night and had my Iron Golem affected by Agony reducing his attack strength.  This is a valid play because Agony targets any creature.

I find it hard to believe that an Iron Golem, Earth Elemental, Skeleton, or any other nonliving creature would ever be in "Agony"

thoughts?

Skytale

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Agony should target Living Creature
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 07:26:07 PM »
Maybe they're screaming on the inside?

Yeah, it seems like "Agony" should have the "psychic" sub-category, but I guess you could imagine it either way.

baronzaltor

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
Re: Agony should target Living Creature
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 10:16:53 PM »
Most curses target creatures that are living or not.  The only curses that seem to be living only are the ones with the "poison" subcategory.

I think it works fine against non-living things thematically.   Agony simply does something that "hurts" enough to reduce attack potential.  For an iron golem that could be rust, extreme heat or even hampering with whatever magic animates it.   The same line of reasoning that garlic or holy water "agonizes" a vampire or that pouring some water on my computer agonizes its functions.  So for me, I can see it applying to non living creatures as its overall description is fairly vague.