April 28, 2024, 08:56:47 PM

Author Topic: Who has received their expansion? Thoughts?  (Read 20287 times)

bzeppos

Who has received their expansion? Thoughts?
« on: February 21, 2013, 05:39:22 PM »
I'm curious who has received Forcemaster vs. Warlord. When did it arrive and from whom did you order it? What type of shipping? What state/city?

I ordered mine from the publisher--thinking it would be the quickest to arrive--and sadly it has not gotten here yet. I used UPS ground shipping and live in TN. The original arrival estimate was Wednesday but now it looks like it won't be here until tomorrow or Saturday. I can't endure the wait!

Bonus questions: If you've got it, what do you think? How many times have you played the new mages? What are your favorite cards and effects? What are your favorite new tactics?

baronzaltor

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
Re: Who has received their expansion? Thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 05:46:44 PM »
I pre ordered it from a store nearby.

I liked that one box has almost all the copies of any cards youd need in it... low level basic cards are all in 4-6 quantities, legendary expensive items all come in pairs.. theres no real need to get a second one to stock up on cards.

The only let down I had was that none of the stuff teased in that dicetower kickstarter video was included in it, so no ballista, vorpal sword, gravikar, etc.  There was also no giant killer skunk.

By in large Im pretty happy with it though.

bzeppos

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 05:55:15 PM »
I haven't seen the Dice Tower teaser. I will check it out. So where are those cards from if they are not in the xpack?

Koy

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 06:08:24 PM »
Some were pushed back to the next expansion possibly.  I believe Gravikor and the Ballista were mentioned in this regard specifically in a different thread.  Likely someone in the know will reply before I can find the link, though...

Paleblue

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2013, 06:25:25 PM »
I too have the expansion and was slightly disappointed that the cards mentioned in the dice tower teaser weren't included. But its no biggie and the rest of the cards are very interesting and there are plenty of each, so as mentioned no need to buy multiple copies. I haven't had a chance to play yet but will have a few games over the weekend- both mages look quite interesting!

patrickconnor

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2013, 07:44:16 PM »
Folks,

I apologize for the confusion, but the cards mentioned in the Dice Tower Kickstarter video are promo cards that will be released in future sets, not in the Forcemaster vs Warlord Expansion. However, you will see them in the future, possibly with alternate artwork.

Thanks,

Patrick Connor
Communications Director, Arcane Wonders

Dre2Dee2

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2013, 08:11:24 PM »
Quote from: "patrickconnor" post=7783

I apologize for the confusion, but the cards mentioned in the Dice Tower Kickstarter video are promo cards that will be released in future sets, not in the Forcemaster vs Warlord Expansion. However, you will see them in the future, possibly with alternate artwork.

Ahh, well that's exciting too. Still plenty of toys in this expansion so I'm happy  ;)

N0rdicNinja

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2013, 06:57:17 AM »
It's also worth noting that the Spellbooks came in perfect condition this time. I was one of the people who had bubbles all over the place on my books in the core set, the hair dryer trick made them look much better but def not perfect. However I couldn't spot a single flaw on the expansions books, def satisfied!

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2013, 10:46:10 AM »
I am still waiting on my stuff :lol:
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Koz

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2013, 11:13:18 AM »
Got my stuff on Wed  :cheer:

Koy

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2013, 11:13:22 AM »
Still waiting here too, but that's the usual for Alaska.  I am hoping for a delivery today to have it to play over the weekend, but it is unlikely.  "Patience grasshopper... patience."  No matter how much I say that to myself, it doesn't really help quell the expansion excitement.

pixelgeek

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2013, 11:19:26 AM »
Things usually take a week or two longer to get to Canada so I will be pleasantly surprised if it shows up before March 1st
  • Favourite Mage: Adramelech Warlock
Arcane Wonders Web Guy
Problem with the forums or website?

Send me a PM

Words to live by: I commit strongly to defending my wand.   Precisely so that I don't lose it.

Tacullu64

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2013, 03:51:51 PM »
Just got mine today. Everything pretty much closed early on Wednesday and didn't open yesterday. A storm front moved through and dropped 14.2 inches of snow on us. That's pretty much what we normally see in two years.

baronzaltor

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2013, 05:04:22 PM »
Quote from: "Tacullu64" post=7843
Just got mine today. Everything pretty much closed early on Wednesday and didn't open yesterday. A storm front moved through and dropped 14.2 inches of snow on us. That's pretty much what we normally see in two years.

Im in Kansas City, that storm pretty much just left us and headed your way.

Hedge

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2013, 05:55:28 PM »
I am A bit Dissappointed that I pre-ordered and they did not ship it out until yesterday. expected delivery is Tuesday.

Hedge