April 27, 2024, 08:11:19 PM

Author Topic: Elemental Cloak  (Read 5300 times)

Tacullu64

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
Elemental Cloak
« on: February 20, 2013, 07:28:22 PM »
I thought I'd start this thread based on something that came up in the fire wizard thread.

Do you like the elemental cloak?

Do you consider it a high priority target for destruction?

Personally, I like it enough to include one in every spellbook I build. Obviously this could change with time as the meta shifts. It is reasonably costed to both cast (especially with a battleforge) and include in a spellbook.

As far as destroying it goes I'd hate to put the effort into destroying it if my opponent played it. I would rather work around it if I could.

I'm curious what others think about this piece of equipment.

Koy

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental Cloak
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 07:35:33 PM »
It is a primary target for destruction when playing my warlock.  With my wizard, which I primarily play with lightning damage, I don't hold a spell back specifically for it like I do the warlock.  The other two mages when I play them couldn't care less about it.

I do include it in all four mage books however, it is a very helpful card and there are just way too many fire happy warlock nutjobs running around up here. :)

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 07:36:47 PM »
I have this in my Priestess build as she does not like the Fire damage that the Warlock like to deal with. My opponent will use a Dissolve on this typically. I find it very useful as you get Armor +1 and -2 on the Elements.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

alex02144

• Playtester
  • New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 09:01:01 PM »
It is a great card that I include in almost every Spellbook I make

piousflea

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 09:45:19 PM »
Quote from: "Tacullu64" post=7719

Yes, for two reasons. It is great against multiple elements, and because it is a Cloak it can be worn over regular armor. (for 3 Armor total)

If I ever plan on dealing elemental damage, I destroy it ASAP. As a Warlock or Wizard I make sure that the Cloak dissolves or explodes.

Dre2Dee2

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 10:38:17 PM »
It's really good. It's usually something I target with Explode if I can afford to cast it  :cheer:

Koz

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2013, 11:38:19 AM »
Quote from: "Tacullu64" post=7719
I thought I'd start this thread based on something that came up in the fire wizard thread.

Personally, I like it enough to include one in every spellbook I build. Obviously this could change with time as the meta shifts. It is reasonably costed to both cast (especially with a battleforge) and include in a spellbook.

As far as destroying it goes I'd hate to put the effort into destroying it if my opponent played it. I would rather work around it if I could.

I'm curious what others think about this piece of equipment.

I include an Elemental Cloak in every build pretty much.  Very handy, versitle and cost efficient.

As far as whether or not I counter it, it goes by the same principle as I use for any card I consider countering.  If a card is a direct hinderance to my overall strategy then I attempt to remove it.  If it's only an annoyance, I let it go.  So if I'm playing a Fire or Lighting heavy build, I will try to remove the cloak because it's going to really soak my damage.

NerdGuy

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2013, 10:19:14 AM »
Have to agree with everyone else, its versatility and usefulness is hard to pass.  I usually save my dissolves for other equipment; however, if I'm playing a fire obsessed Warlock I'll get rid of it quickly

Tacullu64

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2013, 10:41:40 AM »
It seems like the cloak is popular with all who care to post here.

It also seems I am in the minority on destroying it. I like to build spellbooks with two fairly equal sources of damage so that if one gets stymied I can switch to the other. In a perfect world I would destroy every piece of equipment my opponent played, but since we don't live in my perfect equipment destroying fantasy land I try to play around equipment first, destroy second, much to my chagrin.