June 15, 2024, 06:01:14 PM

Author Topic: Lord of Terror (Bashcon Beatdown Build)  (Read 22169 times)

baronzaltor

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
Re: Lord of Terror (Bashcon Beatdown Build)
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2013, 10:57:36 PM »
Gorgon Archers and Temple of Light were the reason I started running Walls of Fire in my Warlock builds.  The ability to cut off not only a gorgons ranged line of sight, but also a wizards LOS to support it as well has saved me a lot.   Same with Temple of Light, the rounds it has to spend burning the wall down (even if it is ethereal damage) and wasn't stunning me was a life saver.

Now that Akiro's Hammer is out there too, and we know Ballistas are en route sometime soon, the ability to control ranged LOS is going to remain a big consideration for me.

Cross

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2013, 09:10:30 AM »
PiousFlea,

I assume that the Lash has been replaced by Sectarus? I believe it would booster an action advantage and handles reverse curses/ Nullify in an efficient manor.

-Cross

piousflea

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2013, 01:26:25 PM »
You are correct.

barriecritzer

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2013, 07:48:22 AM »
I played a slight variation of this build last night against a necromancer and got my first win in Mage Wars.

Wildhorn

• Superior artificial brain, feel free to call me Blaine.
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2013, 12:46:17 PM »
Do you think it is overkill to run both the Sectarius and the Lash considering that with the new DvN extention, fire and burns are very handy?

Also, with the increase of Tainted/Weak effect creature, do you think it would be worthwill to get a Wand of Healing even if it cost 3 spellbook points?

Aylin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2013, 06:27:19 PM »
Lash of Fire will work very well against plants or zombies, and just slightly better than Sectarus against Skeletons.

Secatarus will work better against Elemental Cloak, Dragonscale Hauberk, Flame Immune/Flame Resistant creatures, the enemy mage in general (cursing an opponent can do far more damage than burns), etc.

The one that is better to cast will depend on the situation.

krj

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2013, 03:42:42 AM »
Lash of Fire is also upgradable with fire ring (not sure if it's called that way)

AsianChexMix

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2013, 07:55:51 AM »
Lash of Fire will work very well against plants or zombies, and just slightly better than Sectarus against Skeletons.

Secatarus will work better against Elemental Cloak, Dragonscale Hauberk, Flame Immune/Flame Resistant creatures, the enemy mage in general (cursing an opponent can do far more damage than burns), etc.

The one that is better to cast will depend on the situation.

This is why I run both. You want to have every option available so I do run both. Just remember the Curseweaving ability Warlocks have for the Sectaris package.
  • Favourite Mage: Adramelech Warlock