April 27, 2024, 04:48:36 AM

Author Topic: Legendary creatures and Banish  (Read 4837 times)

theduke850

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Legendary creatures and Banish
« on: August 25, 2012, 12:37:09 PM »
I don't own the game yet, but have put in a pre-order at my local game store. I've been reading the rules and forum but haven't found this addressed, I may have missed it though.

are creatures that have been Banished still considered in play?

if not, could another copy of the same legendary creature( say Brogan Bloodstone, for example) be played while the first copy is banished?

if yes, what happens when the banish on the first copy wears off?

this would really only affect two players who both have a core set, which I won't have and will be sharing one core between most people I play with... at least initially; but I was curious how this might work.

really looking forward to the day I can open up the box and play.

edit: sorry for double posting, when my first post didn't show up I thought I did something wrong so I tried again... didn't know it would need approval.

eatmyjustice

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Legendary creatures and Banish
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2012, 01:38:52 PM »
Based on the text on the Banish spell it seems that the banished creature would still be in the game.  

"Teleport target creature out of the arena. Place 3 Banish tokens on it.  Remove 1 Banish token each Upkeep Phase.  When the final token is removed, return the creature to the last zone that occupied.  While out of the arena, this creature cannot take any action, its action marker remains unchanged, and it can only be affected by attached spells, conditions, or its own traits."
\"Arthur, that belt is a fashion accessory of evil, and evil is never in fashion.\" - The Tick

Klaxas

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2012, 09:54:07 PM »
i would agree with this interpretation, makes the most sence.  waiting for an official answer though
Favorite Mage: The one I am using.

thuzl

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 09:45:23 PM »
Creatures that are the object of Banish are still considered in play. Therefore, another Legendary creature with the same title cannot enter play.

theduke850

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 06:55:18 AM »
ok, thanks.