April 27, 2024, 12:56:55 PM

Author Topic: Malacoda text correction?  (Read 5447 times)

Sausageman

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Malacoda text correction?
« on: February 12, 2013, 07:54:49 AM »
A friend of mine just picked up the core set and both spell tomes, and upon sorting his cards realised there was a text difference between the two copies of Malacoda he had.

One says (and for the record, BOTH of mine say): Slow, Legendary. Each upkeep phase, all other living creatures....

The other says: Slow, Poison Immunity, Legendary.  Each upkeep phase, all living creatures....

As Legendary prevents more than one being out anyway, I'm not really sure why there's a difference - but either way, can someone tell me what the correct text is, how this might have happened, and how he might, or I might, get replacement cards?  :)

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Malacoda text correction?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 08:59:34 AM »
His passive DOT is not a posion effect so he used to hit himself. The ( Each upkeep phase, all living creatures....) is from the first printing only.

We made the change so the does not hit himself.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Klaxas

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 12:55:29 AM »
I could be wrong but I read somewhere that his ability was now considered poison damage (as well as idol of pestilence) to make him immune to his own damage (and the idol)  so the new correct wording would be the all creatures, but that his damage was poison.

I could be wrong as its late.
Favorite Mage: The one I am using.

BlueByLiquid

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 02:39:13 AM »
Does he still have Poison Immunity?

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2013, 11:06:00 AM »
I do not remember off hand but I think it was made a poison effect and he was poison immune. So his dot was not supposed to hurt him. From the OP i could not tell if it had poison dot or if he was immune so I just had the wording I was given to go by. :P
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Klaxas

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2013, 03:53:12 AM »
point taken, I have an original printing one and it says other creatures, so the correct wording should be all creatures, with it being poison damage and he is immune to poison.  and also immune to the idol which is also poison damage
Favorite Mage: The one I am using.

Sausageman

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2013, 03:53:22 AM »
Further to this, the same friend has just discovered the text on his Idol of Pestilences differ too - one of those also makes reference to poison damage.

Can I assume that both the Idol and Malacoda inflict poison damage, and that Malacoda himself is immune to poison?

All hail the great unclean one! ;)

wtcannonjr

• Ambassador of Wychwood
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • WBC Mage Wars Tournament
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2013, 08:54:45 AM »
Wow. This is getting confusing quickly.

Where can I find a complete list of the wording changes on cards? I want to be sure we are playing with the most recent design intent.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced." - James Baldwin