March 28, 2024, 04:48:06 AM

Author Topic: Frequency of Organized Play Kit Releases  (Read 7931 times)

DocBelmont

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
    • Doctor Belmont
Frequency of Organized Play Kit Releases
« on: February 11, 2013, 06:54:02 AM »
I was wondering what the frequency of official Organized Play release was supposed to be. I was under the impression that these ran every week, making each OP kit a monthly release.

The first OP kit was released in December, and the deadline to complete it was December 31st. We're now approaching the middle of February and no word on a new one.

When are we getting the next one?

paradox22

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • MOKAN Mage Wars
Re: Frequency of Organized Play Kit Releases
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 10:28:46 PM »
I was wondering this as well.  Any news would be much appreciated!
Si vis pacem para bellum

Thessial

• Vice President
  • Administrator
  • Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 10:59:13 PM »
Hey all,

Sorry for the slow response. It's been a busy day. Our plan for OP Kits is to produce a new 2 month kit every 2 months. We are just about ready to send the current OP kit to print and it should be available to retailers no later than March 1 and hopefully sooner than that. Going forward it will a primary effort that all future kits are released on time.

Hope this helps and thank you for your support.

paradox22

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • MOKAN Mage Wars
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 11:41:58 PM »
Quote from: "Thessial" post=7379
Hey all,

Sorry for the slow response. It's been a busy day. Our plan for OP Kits is to produce a new 2 month kit every 2 months. We are just about ready to send the current OP kit to print and it should be available to retailers no later than March 1 and hopefully sooner than that. Going forward it will a primary effort that all future kits are released on time.

Thank you for the info Thessial.  Will it include twice the promo cards since it is supposed to cover a 2 month period?

Thanks again
Si vis pacem para bellum

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 06:34:37 AM »
Last I heard the kit should have 32 cards for the 2 month period this info is a bit old.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Sausageman

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 07:47:53 AM »
Hey all,

Anyone in the UK getting these?

ABGames

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2013, 12:18:25 PM »
It is probably too early to ask that question.

They are going to print, so it isn't really something
a retailer can preorder at this point, unless they
just preorder everything for Magewars.

DocBelmont

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
    • Doctor Belmont
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2013, 04:06:45 AM »
Hey all,

That's great news! I can't wait to tell my Mages to come back to the arena, and bring their new ForceMaster/Warlord spells while they're at it!

I'm also happy to see that you're changing things up to plan ahead and keep your schedule a bit more manageable.

Since I'm the registered EO for my store, I suppose I'll be waiting for an email?

kiwipaul

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2016, 12:44:03 PM »
So, no new organized Play Kits have been released since Malignant intentions.  Have they been discontinued?

kiwipaul

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2016, 08:02:12 PM »
Is there an official word on organized play kits?

bigfatchef

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2016, 10:34:32 AM »
I am quite happy that nothing is happening here as well.
There are many more important things to do for AW and I would start crying if a OP releases would get higher priority (urgent updates of more or less everything) and besides that: without OP kits the amount of promo-cards is not raised further. That guarantees a more balanced game.

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • Playing face-to-face in Ottawa again soon
    • View Profile
    • Ottawa/Gatineau Mage Wars (FB group)
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2016, 12:36:25 PM »
So, no new organized Play Kits have been released since Malignant intentions.  Have they been discontinued?

This isn't quite accurate. There was an Organized Play Kit #6: "Menace of Ruination." However, there is no little evidence of it on the Mage Wars web site. You can still find it available for retail in some places (e.g. here in Canada; probably could also inquire through the Arcane Wonders online store).

But yes, it would seem that organized play has been discontinued, or at least postponed indefinitely.  If my memory is correct, the OP Kit #6 was released around the fall of 2014. To my knowledge, there has been no mention of organized play kits since then.

And I agree with bigfatchef: there are about a dozen things that I think are a higher priority for Arcane Wonders to address before considering releasing more OP Event Kits.  But YMMV.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 12:41:13 PM by iNano78 »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster